Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kaepernick Refuses to Stand For National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaepernick Refuses to Stand For National Anthem

Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand for national anthem to protest police killings

Colin Kaepernick took a stand against police violence on Friday night by taking a seat. The San Francisco 49ers quarterback refused to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” before a preseason game against the Green Bay Packers on Friday because, he said, “There are bodies in the street.”

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game that the 49ers lost, 21-10. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lice-killings/
    Attached Files
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

His coach says "It's his right", but when Kobe calls a ref a "fag", he gets fined $100K. Either they represent their team and their rights get checked at the locker room, or they don't. This reeks of a double standard, and unsurprisingly tilts left.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      His coach says "It's his right", but when Kobe calls a ref a "fag", he gets fined $100K. Either they represent their team and their rights get checked at the locker room, or they don't. This reeks of a double standard, and unsurprisingly tilts left.
      I'd like to know who these cops who got away with murder are.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

karma's a b-word. It will come back to bite him in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            karma's a b-word. It will come back to bite him in the rear.
            booger?

Kaepernick is acting like a little snot but whether it comes back to bite him I think is questionable. For some on the left this will make him a hero and will be all that is necessary to qualify him for being a professor at some prestigious university teaching political science or the like after he retires.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did he convert to Islam like guy whos name was Chris Jackson??
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – School officials’ decision to ban students from displaying the American Flag at a recent football game is creating controversy in a South Carolina school district.

On Friday, Travelers Rest High School principal Lou Lavely banned students from carrying American flags into a football game against Berega High School, because a lot of students at Berega are Hispanic. Lavely contends the American flag could have been used to taunt those students, WNCN reports.

http://eagnews.org/sc-school-bans-am...ootball-games/

Comment

You know what? At this point in time, I would have a hard time standing up and singing the national anthem of my own country, because of the direction the leadership is taking. I am ashamed to be a Canadian right now, and equally ashamed to be a citizen of my own province.

My reasons may be different than those of Kaepernick, but I guess he, and I, have the right to object in this way.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He absolutely has the right to not stand an honor our flag...and we have the right to refuse to buy anything associated with or endorsed by him. And let his "sponsors" and football team know we're not going to. Let's see if he will actually put his money where his mouth is...
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      I'd like to know who these cops who got away with murder are.
                      They exist in his imagination.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        booger?

Kaepernick is acting like a little snot but whether it comes back to bite him I think is questionable. For some on the left this will make him a hero and will be all that is necessary to qualify him for being a professor at some prestigious university teaching political science or the like after he retires.

A report from Fox Sports analyst Jay Glazer has indicated that the San Fransisco 49ers are likely to part ways with embattled quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team. I’d be shocked if he’s on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn’t work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn’t been effective. He’s regressing as a player. I’d be shocked if he’s on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks,” Glazer said Monday on Fox Sports,

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/29/re...#ixzz4IkodlgA9

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          A report from Fox Sports analyst Jay Glazer has indicated that the San Fransisco 49ers are likely to part ways with embattled quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team. I’d be shocked if he’s on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn’t work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn’t been effective. He’s regressing as a player. I’d be shocked if he’s on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks,” Glazer said Monday on Fox Sports,

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/29/re...#ixzz4IkodlgA9
                          Sounds like they're looking for a good excuse to drop a hot potato without admitting it's a hot potato.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Sounds like they're looking for a good excuse to drop a hot potato without admitting it's a hot potato.
                            He shouldn't lose his livelihood for being stupid. He was a good QB, I used to enjoy watching him play.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              He shouldn't lose his livelihood for being stupid. He was a good QB, I used to enjoy watching him play.
                              A lot of these players have "morality clauses" in their contracts, some of which prohibit conduct that unduly draws attention to one player and causes distraction to the team. I have no idea what his contract says, or doesn't say, and I don't have that much interest in pro football anyway. This is kinda weird to me, but I really don't care one way or the other.

Comment