Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence

28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence Committed By Left-Wing Activists

Democrats and their allies in the media are ready to condemn riots now that the turmoil has shifted to fit their narrative.

On Wednesday, a mob of Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building. It was an astonishing display of anarchic protest that delayed congressional certification of the Electoral College vote formally handing former Vice President Joe Biden the keys to the White House.

The scenes from the dark day of disaster demonstrations illustrated a deteriorating country, repulsed millions, and traumatized a nation still recovering from the death, despair, and disruption that came to define the dystopian months of 2020. Above all, what happened Wednesday served as a grim reminder that the institutional stress test of 2020 has followed us into 2021.

For the left, however, the chaos at the Capitol has opened an opportunity to refute the perception they own the monopoly on widespread political violence. Democrats and left-wing media elites have already capitalized on the violent outbreak, where four people died, to characterize conservatives as the creatures of chaos.

At this point, it’s undeniable that the political far-right calls home to its own Antifa-like anarchists. It is also undeniable, however, that reaction to the protests from conservative leaders roundly condemning the violence from their own side stands in remarkable contrast to the way Democrats and corporate media spent months going out of their way attempting to justify the deadly actions of militant leftists.

Not one prominent conservative pundit or politician with any significant platform was reported to have tried endorsing the mob of Trump supporters infiltrating the U.S. Capitol. To the contrary, conservatives spent months vilifying Democratic leaders for not doing enough in their own states and cities to crack down on the militant mobs of leftists taking streets under siege, normalizing the kind of political violence on track to appear routine in the nightmare 2020 decade.

It was only seven months ago that Washington D.C. was last on fire.

The hypocrisy stinks out loud.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence Committed By Left-Wing Activists

Democrats and their allies in the media are ready to condemn riots now that the turmoil has shifted to fit their narrative.

On Wednesday, a mob of Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building. It was an astonishing display of anarchic protest that delayed congressional certification of the Electoral College vote formally handing former Vice President Joe Biden the keys to the White House.

The scenes from the dark day of disaster demonstrations illustrated a deteriorating country, repulsed millions, and traumatized a nation still recovering from the death, despair, and disruption that came to define the dystopian months of 2020. Above all, what happened Wednesday served as a grim reminder that the institutional stress test of 2020 has followed us into 2021.

For the left, however, the chaos at the Capitol has opened an opportunity to refute the perception they own the monopoly on widespread political violence. Democrats and left-wing media elites have already capitalized on the violent outbreak, where four people died, to characterize conservatives as the creatures of chaos.

At this point, it’s undeniable that the political far-right calls home to its own Antifa-like anarchists. It is also undeniable, however, that reaction to the protests from conservative leaders roundly condemning the violence from their own side stands in remarkable contrast to the way Democrats and corporate media spent months going out of their way attempting to justify the deadly actions of militant leftists.

Not one prominent conservative pundit or politician with any significant platform was reported to have tried endorsing the mob of Trump supporters infiltrating the U.S. Capitol. To the contrary, conservatives spent months vilifying Democratic leaders for not doing enough in their own states and cities to crack down on the militant mobs of leftists taking streets under siege, normalizing the kind of political violence on track to appear routine in the nightmare 2020 decade.

It was only seven months ago that Washington D.C. was last on fire.

The hypocrisy stinks out loud.
    I'll make the same offer as I make to everyone. Pick out the strongest example from the list and let's drill into it.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I'll make the same offer as I make to everyone. Pick out the strongest example from the list and let's drill into it.
      I prefer the method I've been using. I just use the justification/minimizing/rationalizations that were used to defend the riots, and let you guys pick them apart. You guys are really good at tearing apart those talking points when you think they apply to trump supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I prefer the method I've been using. I just use the justification/minimizing/rationalizations that were used to defend the riots, and let you guys pick them apart. You guys are really good at tearing apart those talking points when you think they apply to trump supporters.
        EGGzackly ---- all summer long, the rioting has been justified or excused or "understood" by liberals - and they have been incredibly anti-law enforcement.

Besides the moronic "mostly peaceful protests" with buildings on fire behind them in the very scene where they are making such idiotic claims.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's what I'm asking for. Why not give one solid example and we can go through it?

Comment

To everyone saying that the left didn't normalize violence, from Vox:

Source: https://www.vox.com/22217733/trump-rally-dc-protest-storm-the-capitol-coup

To put it another way: If Wednesday’s rioters get away with violently shutting down the workings of the federal government, it will send a message to them — as well as to other people interested in carrying out political violence — that this behavior is, if not okay, at least something they can get away with. That would invite copycats.

The good news is, much of the day’s events were recorded and photographed, with some demonstrators gleefully streaming their actions and posing for photos as they trespassed and looted the Capitol and congressional offices. If they’re serious about punishing these wrongdoers, police could use this evidence, as well as typical investigative tactics, to track down the hundreds of people involved (beyond the 13 already reportedly arrested by the police).

But that’s the rub: Officials have to be serious about punishing these wrongdoers. Otherwise, they’ll send a signal that what transpired on Wednesday was actually fine, making it more likely to happen again.

© Copyright Original Source

This is exactly what I've been saying happened over the summer.

Comment

To everyone saying that the left didn't normalize violence, from Vox:

Source: https://www.vox.com/22217733/trump-rally-dc-protest-storm-the-capitol-coup

To put it another way: If Wednesday’s rioters get away with violently shutting down the workings of the federal government, it will send a message to them — as well as to other people interested in carrying out political violence — that this behavior is, if not okay, at least something they can get away with. That would invite copycats.

The good news is, much of the day’s events were recorded and photographed, with some demonstrators gleefully streaming their actions and posing for photos as they trespassed and looted the Capitol and congressional offices. If they’re serious about punishing these wrongdoers, police could use this evidence, as well as typical investigative tactics, to track down the hundreds of people involved (beyond the 13 already reportedly arrested by the police).

But that’s the rub: Officials have to be serious about punishing these wrongdoers. Otherwise, they’ll send a signal that what transpired on Wednesday was actually fine, making it more likely to happen again.

© Copyright Original Source

This is exactly what I've been saying happened over the summer.
              So where are the prominent democratic voices defending people doing similar (though far less serious) things over the summer? I keep asking for a name and a quote so we can drill into it but it's always implication and just a snippet.

For example, try searching for Cuomo's quote in CP's link. You will find page after page of just that sentence (and if you're lucky a bit more) from far right sources. Let's really look at things in context and understand what is being said. Context doesn't necessarily excuse words which can be taken out of context and misunderstood or misrepresented but at least we'd be a step closer to the truth.

I'm even sympathetic to some of what the far right says about some of these quotes. But if you guys won't take a stand and actually be willing to really look into your examples then I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Comment

So where are the prominent democratic voices....
                Do not try to change the topic --- the thread title is 28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence --- it does NOT claim it was "prominent democratic voices".

Comment

Do not try to change the topic --- the thread title is 28 Times Media And Democrats Excused Or Endorsed Violence --- it does NOT claim it was "prominent democratic voices".
                  I'm not trying to change the topic. I'm trying to get someone to pick out the best example from that list so we can really look into it. Like I said, there are actually examples which I think could be worthy of criticism due to events over the past several months. A lot has happened over that time and I'm less pleased with harsh rhetoric which I think means something but which could be taken by others differently.

Comment

I'm not trying to change the topic. I'm trying to get someone to pick out the best example from that list so we can really look into it. Like I said, there are actually examples which I think could be worthy of criticism due to events over the past several months. A lot has happened over that time and I'm less pleased with harsh rhetoric which I think means something but which could be taken by others differently.
                    You dishonestly changed the topic by adding some descriptors there were NOT part of the OP, as I clearly pointed out ---- address the OP as is, or go post elsewhere.

Comment

You miss the point though. It's not about "1" best example. It was a constant drum-beat of excuses, rationalizations, downplays. It was prosecutors dropping charges left and right. It was articles "mansplaining" why rioting was good, etc. It was repeating the point over and over in different forms, some good, some bad, but all reinforcing the same message. THIS political violence was tolerable, if not acceptable or justified.

Comment

You miss the point though. It's not about "1" best example. It was a constant drum-beat of excuses, rationalizations, downplays. It was prosecutors dropping charges left and right. It was articles "mansplaining" why rioting was good, etc. It was repeating the point over and over in different forms, some good, some bad, but all reinforcing the same message. THIS political violence was tolerable, if not acceptable or justified.
                        EGGzackly! So the question would be --- which of the 28 solid examples given is NOT legitimate?

Comment

That's what I'm asking for. Why not give one solid example and we can go through it?
                          Pretty much every post he made in the thread onthe storming of the Capitol with only minor tweaks to swap LW/antifa/BLM for this group, were all solid examples

Comment

EGGzackly ---- all summer long, the rioting has been justified or excused or "understood" by liberals - and they have been incredibly anti-law enforcement.

Besides the moronic "mostly peaceful protests" with buildings on fire behind them in the very scene where they are making such idiotic claims.
                            CNN's "Fiery but peaceful!"

Comment

So where are the prominent democratic voices defending people doing similar (though far less serious) things over the summer?
                              excuse me, did you just with a straight face try to claim that burning down countless businesses (at leas one with someone inside it), was "far less serious" thanthis objectively small riot that caused some government property damage?

Whatchu smokin and where can i get some?

Comment