Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump should be removed from office and charged with Insurrection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump should be removed from office and charged with Insurrection.

"Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States." 18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Not only is Trump the only person in the US who's recently actually tried to steal an election (i.e. the famous Georgia phone call, repeated lies about election fraud, pressuring the VP to unilaterally steal the election, and inciting insurrection at the Capitol), but he's violated his oath of office by disregarding the Constitution, which he swore an oath to uphold. For all my fellow conservatives out there, if these actions don't inspire you reflect on your own civic duty as an American first (and Republican second), then I'm not sure anything could. What would it take, otherwise? Would Trump have to wave a Nazi flag and start shooting people on the White House lawn?

I know I have a bit a reputation around here for disliking Trump, but his actions these last few weeks are beyond the pale. I'm ashamed to have voted for him twice. I'll also go ahead and make a commitment: if Trump runs for elected office again (in which I'm eligible to vote), I will literally vote for any candidate running against him. I don't care if it's my neighbor's dog running against him, I will not be party to helping this depraved narcissist set fire to our Constitution again. The same goes for any politician who votes against impeachment if that vote gets off the floor. I'll never vote for any politician ever again who votes against impeachment now. If the politicians can't suspend their own personal interest for once in their miserable lives, they don't deserve to hold office ever again.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

He won't run; no way, no how. I think Trump is in deep trouble. I think they're going to come after him pretty hard. Your wishes will be fulfilled.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      He won't run; no way, no how. I think Trump is in deep trouble. I think they're going to come after him pretty hard. Your wishes will be fulfilled.
      I disliked him before, but I harbored no ill will against him. But between the phone call and events at the Capitol, I really think he should be investigated and charged criminally. My desire it's all about punishment. I think this is a critical moment for our country, and we need to send a message that election fraud and inciting riots with the goal of stealing an election is just wrong, no matter who you are.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Now that would incite insurrection...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Perhaps that's the intent... problem, reaction, solution.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

I disliked him before, but I harbored no ill will against him. But between the phone call and events at the Capitol, I really think he should be investigated and charged criminally. My desire it's all about punishment. I think this is a critical moment for our country, and we need to send a message that election fraud and inciting riots with the goal of stealing an election is just wrong, no matter who you are.
            I love his libertarian policies as POTUS. Too bad he's a nut. Now we have real enemies-of-the-people in office.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

The insurrection has already happened. Or, perhaps more articulately, the attempt.

Comment

The insurrection has already happened. Or, perhaps more articulately, the attempt.
                Um, no. That was just a taste. I know you and the left love to blow that out of proportion like it was the end of the world, but we're talking about a bunch of disorganized, unarmed Trump rabble rousers. We're not talking about trained and armed militias all around the country waiting in the shadows.

Comment

Um, no. That was just a taste. I know you and the left love to blow that out of proportion like it was the end of the world, but we're talking about a bunch of disorganized, unarmed Trump rabble rousers. We're not talking about trained and armed militias all around the country waiting in the shadows.
                  Still meets the definition, does it not? That's also why I qualified it as an "attempt". You really don't read well, do you?

Comment

Not all of them were untrained rabble rousers. Two of the heavy hitters who actually knew what they were doing and came prepared to do it have been identified. One had a significant military history.

And a cop died! Can we not gloss over that like it's meaningless?

Comment

Still meets the definition, does it not? That's also why I qualified it as an "attempt". You really don't read well, do you?
                      I read it, I just disagreed. It wasn't an "attempt." Disorganized, unarmed Trump rabble rousers acting on impulse. Had it been an attempt, there would have been a whole lot more carnage and horror than that.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Not all of them were untrained rabble rousers. Two of the heavy hitters who actually knew what they were doing and came prepared to do it have been identified. One had a significant military history.

Chants from over the summer.
                        "Deck the halls with rows of dead cops"
                        "What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want it? Right Now!"

Comment

I read it, I just disagreed. It wasn't an "attempt." Disorganized, unarmed Trump rabble rousers acting on impulse. Had it been an attempt, there would have been a whole lot more carnage and horror than that.
                          Yup. Criminally charge, or not, the guilty and move along.

Comment

It's hilarious. Apparently Trump had this big broad conspiracy plan in place that relied on a bunch of inept people storming a building en-masse and then goofing around in the Capitol Building.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

4st5o4.jpg

Comment