Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Over 99% of pro Trump protests peaceful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm sorry you see multiple attempted murders as petty annoyances.
    This is futile. You are so caught up in your hatred of the democrats you will accept what Trump has done AND IS DOING. What a fool. But you are not a lonely fool. You have PLENTY of company.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

CNN is a respected and legitimate news organization
      Nick Sandmann disagrees with you.

- like the BBC, the NYTimes, the WPO, the Philidelphia enquirer, the AP and so on. You have believed the Trump amplified lie that the media is your enemy, when in fact it is the 'free press' allowed by the constitution whose job it is to protect us from Tyranny - leaders like Donald Trump.
      I try to avoid mentioning that I was once a newspaper reporter, so I know something of the business. I really don't need to be told what organizations to respect, especially those that rely on anonymous sources and rarely run corrections, and that display an obvious bias and agenda.

Again - at what point do you wake up to the reality that is before you?
      I respect Trump for his libertarian policies, and not for his personality. I am a Libertarian - not a Republican. If he has people brainwashed into jumping off cliffs, so be it. And if the MSM has people brainwashed into thinking he is Hitler reincarnated, so be it.

Comment

This is futile. You are so caught up in your hatred of the democrats you will accept what Trump has done AND IS DOING. What a fool. But you are not a lonely fool. You have PLENTY of company.
        You were the one who just called multiple attempts at murder "petty annoyances with democrats".

Comment

You were the one who just called multiple attempts at murder "petty annoyances with democrats".
          No I didn't. I called your petty refusal to acknowledge clearly the severity of what Trump has done and your continued campaign against democrats even in the midst of what Trump has done "petty annoyances with democrats".

Just the fact so much of the commentary in these threads is whataboutism related to the demonstrations and protests against racism this summer completely undermines you, shows how completely petty the conversation is in this situation, how completely obsessed so many here are with their hatred for the Democrats. A Republican president incites a riot, an insurrection that storms the capital and literally presents a mortal threat to all our senators and congressman and the vice president, that kills 5 people, and all you people can think about are your disagreements with Democrats this past summer.

It is just insane!
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-09-2021, 12:52 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No I didn't. I called your petty refusal to acknowledge clearly the severity of what Trump has done and your continued campaign against democrats even in the midst of what Trump has done "petty annoyances with democrats".
            I told you I acknowledge the severity to the same degree you did over the summer. Things you called petty annoyances. The fact that there were multiple deaths, multiple attempted murders, insurrection and sedition, and you barely made a peep shows your hypocrisy.

This was a case of political violence. I see your outrage at what it is, opportunistic outrage at idiots being violent because you can attack your enemies. You've been caught up in insane conspiracy theories since this happened all to soothe your need to be angry. I'm sure you THINK you care about this, but given you didn't care about attempted murders, insurrection, sedition, and general political violence earlier this year shows your outrage to be entirely selective. So excuse me if I don't play into your "petty annoyances".

You've continued to downplay the summers violence (hence Petty annoyances, apples/oranges, etc.). I've told you time and time again that you were just as responsible for the tenor of the country as anyone else, and you don't listen.

Once liberals and others actually realize what they were doing and perhaps show some level of remorse, I'll more loudly condemn this stuff. Until then, I'll just remind you that you called attempted murder "Petty Annoyances"
            Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 01-09-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I told you I acknowledge the severity to the same degree you did over the summer. Things you called petty annoyances. The fact that there were multiple deaths, multiple attempted murders, insurrection and sedition, and you barely made a peep shows your hypocrisy.
              I've never downplayed any of that. To say that about me is a falsehood. If you actually know it's a falsehood and are not just simply deceived by your irrational feelings about me - it is a lie.

This was a case of political violence. I see your outrage at what it is, opportunistic outrage at idiots being violent because you can attack your enemies. You've been caught up in insane conspiracy theories since this happened all to soothe your need to be angry. I'm sure you THINK you care about this, but given you didn't care about attempted murders, insurrection, sedition, and general political violence earlier this year shows your outrage to be entirely selective. So excuse me if I don't play into your "petty annoyances".
              Again - you are completely wrong. I don't need any justification to be outraged by an attempted coup. That stands all on its own. You however are way out of line trying to undermine or play down the justification or truthfulness of my outrage at such an event. Mostly I think you are just mad I was right that he would try to do this and want to try to pretend my apprehension about his goals was still somehow 'unjustified'.

You've continued to downplay the summers violence (hence Petty annoyances, apples/oranges, etc.). I've told you time and time again that you were just as responsible for the tenor of the country as anyone else, and you don't listen.
              I did not play down this summer's violence. In fact I was quite clear I was 100% against it. I disagreed with how much of it was endeminic to the protests themselves which in the day across most of the country tended to be peaceful, and I disagreed as to whether the presidents actions were making things worse. That is not 'downplaying the summer's violence'.

We did however, have a president who was bringing in secretive combination of several agencies not reporting to local LEA and that he was deploying at those events - which raised the spectre of some sort of secret police reporting to the President. And I was very concerned about THAT playing out in the midst of civil unrest (many a dictator has used such events to secure power). And given what he just did, it is beyond comprehension how you could not understand how critical it was that such a force NEVER be established. Do I really have to spell it out for you given what just happened?

Once liberals and others actually realize what they were doing and perhaps show some level of remorse, I'll more loudly condemn this stuff. Until then, I'll just remind you that you called attempted murder "Petty Annoyances"
              That is really, really stupid. Trump and Trumpism is far more of a threat now than these issues you are focused on right now. You need to get your priorities in order. The issues you are focused on are for another day.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-09-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

It seems that pro-trump protests have still been overwhelmingly peaceful.

Comment

Trump is sowing hatred and discord through lies. He has created a cult that will violently oppose any message about him not sourced by or approved by him. To the point they will attack and sow hatred towards ANYONE that crosses him. That video show some of the Trump Cult accosting one of the strongest supporters Trump has because he followed the law of the land and did not try to overturn a legal and fair election.

Consider that in Trump's tweets he told Pence 'they are coming for you'. And know some Trump supporters that answered Trump's call speaking of literally killing by hanging VP Pence in the senate chamber.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-worse/617614/

At what point do you recognize this is not the trivial matter you consistently try to make it?
                  Around here, the only people sowing hatred and discord is you and a few that are like you.

Comment

And the cult of Trump is itself a very real and present danger to our democracy.
                    Projection. It's the cult of anti-Trump nut jobs like you that are the real problem.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It seems that pro-trump protests have still been overwhelmingly peaceful.
                      Probably because they overwhelmingly are.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment