Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi: Remove Trump or House Will Impeach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi: Remove Trump or House Will Impeach...

Pelosi calls for 25th Amendment, impeachment to remove Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for President Trump's immediate removal from office by way of the 25th Amendment for inciting a violent riot at the Capitol Wednesday in an attempt to stop the counting of President-elect Joe Biden's win.

She joins with Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., in urging Vice President Mike Pence and the cabinet to remove Trump from office immediately, calling him "a very dangerous person" who committed an "act of sedition."

Pelosi said if Pence won't act, the House is prepared to impeach Trump again.

"The president has committed an unspeakable assault on our nation and our people," Pelosi said Thursday, a day after a pro-Trump supporters took over the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...eachment-trump
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Pelosi calls for 25th Amendment, impeachment to remove Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for President Trump's immediate removal from office by way of the 25th Amendment for inciting a violent riot at the Capitol Wednesday in an attempt to stop the counting of President-elect Joe Biden's win.

She joins with Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., in urging Vice President Mike Pence and the cabinet to remove Trump from office immediately, calling him "a very dangerous person" who committed an "act of sedition."

Pelosi said if Pence won't act, the House is prepared to impeach Trump again.

"The president has committed an unspeakable assault on our nation and our people," Pelosi said Thursday, a day after a pro-Trump supporters took over the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...eachment-trump
    Funny how they were quite as church mice when liberal politicians were inciting violence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If she thinks there's a nationwide mandate for it, she's wrong. Apparently 45 percent of Republican voters support what happened yesterday:

https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-...box=1610026083
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Of course she's right- if Trump stays for the rest of his term it would be a travesty.

Will it happen? No, of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          If she thinks there's a nationwide mandate for it, she's wrong. Apparently 45 percent of Republican voters support what happened yesterday:

https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-...box=1610026083
          That's both appalling and frightening.

Oddly, despite the far right posters on here I haven't actually seen support for yesterday. Only vague 'its bad' and then changing the subject to BLM in false equivalency.

Comment

Removing Trump like that will only incite more anger and violence. Just let him leave on Jan 20. Don't make him a martyr for those of his followers who already think that the election was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Removing Trump like that will only incite more anger and violence. Just let him leave on Jan 20. Don't make him a martyr for those of his followers who already think that the election was fixed.
              I think the idea that if he is impeached and found guilty he can't run again. I think they are terrified that he may run again in 24.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If a democrat president incited a riot but ousting him would upset a few democrat supporters, would you be making the same point?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Funny how they were quite as church mice when liberal politicians were inciting violence.
                  And you, of course, think the standard should be the same no matter what, right? You just forgot to say it in this case and in so many other cases. You did not even really get around to talking about what was right or wrong but only got to the "the others" thing.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

That's both appalling and frightening.

Oddly, despite the far right posters on here I haven't actually seen support for yesterday. Only vague 'its bad' and then changing the subject to BLM in false equivalency.
                    False equivalency...
                    Kevin_lol.gif
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

If a democrat president incited a riot but ousting him would upset a few democrat supporters, would you be making the same point?
                      Democrat leaders have been inciting violence for the last 4 years and they were cheered by liberals. Where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

And you, of course, think the standard should be the same no matter what, right? You just forgot to say it in this case and in so many other cases. You did not even really get around to talking about what was right or wrong but only got to the "the others" thing.
                        Nanny is in the thread... everyone clean up their spaces!!
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

I have repeatedly and without condition condemned the violence in the rioting in D.C., so let's not misrepresent reality here as you are wont. And this also means none of your usual bleating about supposed "whataboutism" because I, like nearly everyone else here, have not tried to justify this or excuse it. So you can crawl back into your hypocritical cesspit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Democrat leaders have been inciting violence for the last 4 years and they were cheered by liberals. Where have you been?
                            I'm not aware of Democrat leaders doing that. Which leaders are you talking about and what did they say?

Comment

Consider that you would have said the same exact thing the day before yesterday. Surely what happened changes things? Even Loeffler had a heart installed after what happened. (well not really of course but she at least pretended).

Comment