Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots in DC outside capitol building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I condemn this action. These protesters are acting like liberals.
    I think they're acting like those who'd been told the election was a fraud. They really believed the country was under attack because Trump and his enablers said so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      A protestor inside the Senate chamber.

ErEsMSaXMAUkVur?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
      I just read on update on Josiah Colt, the man in the above photograph. Until mid July, Colt was pleading not guilty. On July 14th, he agreed to plead guilty, in return for three felony charges against him being dropped.

Colt is cooperating with the authorities and has agreed to testify against two co-conspirators. In addition to an already agreed to fine of $1,000.00, the judge said that Colt faces a prison sentence of between 51 to 63 months and an additional fine of between $20,000 to $200,000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...r-guilty-plea/
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

I just read on update on Josiah Colt, the man in the above photograph. Until mid July, Colt was pleading not guilty. On July 14th, he agreed to plead guilty, in return for three felony charges against him being dropped.

Colt is cooperating with the authorities and has agreed to testify against two co-conspirators. In addition to an already agreed to fine of $1,000.00, the judge said that Colt faces a prison sentence of between 51 to 63 months and an additional fine of between $20,000 to $200,000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...r-guilty-plea/
        And?

If the liberal Democrat DAs who have been dismissing charges on all the looters and violent rioters arrested last summer actually prosecuted them you would be seeing the same sort of thing taking place.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Impeach Cow Poke!!! He is inciting violence!!!!
          On the contrary - Cow Poke is self evidently a great lover of peace. If someone disturbs his peace, that someone will be prevented from doing it again.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And?

If the liberal Democrat DAs who have been dismissing charges on all the looters and violent rioters arrested last summer actually prosecuted them you would be seeing the same sort of thing taking place.
            Most of the arrests were of people who were "exercising their basic civil rights". There are many news articles about this, one example below.

Why Charges Against Protesters Are Being Dismissed by the Thousands

"...Now, more than five months later, as Mr. Kaufmann’s case and those of thousands of others finally land in courts across the United States, a vast majority of cases against protesters are being dismissed. Only cases involving more substantial charges like property destruction or other violence remain... In the aftermath, prosecutors declined to pursue many of the cases because they concluded that the protesters were exercising their basic civil rights. Cases involving free speech or free assembly rarely succeed in court...There was also the recognition that law enforcement officers often use mass arrests as a technique to help clear the streets, not to confront illegal behavior."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/u...s-arrests.html
            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Most of the arrests were of people who were "exercising their basic civil rights". There are many news articles about this, one example below.

"...Now, more than five months later, as Mr. Kaufmann’s case and those of thousands of others finally land in courts across the United States, a vast majority of cases against protesters are being dismissed. Only cases involving more substantial charges like property destruction or other violence remain... In the aftermath, prosecutors declined to pursue many of the cases because they concluded that the protesters were exercising their basic civil rights. Cases involving free speech or free assembly rarely succeed in court...There was also the recognition that law enforcement officers often use mass arrests as a technique to help clear the streets, not to confront illegal behavior."

But, then again, because of very liberal prosecutors, many jurisdictions are dismissing (or not charging) people cavalierly carrying hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise out of stores without paying for them...

Abandoning the "Broken Windows" policy is going to result in a whole lot more broken windows, looting, rioting, theft, and other crimes.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Most of the Jan 6th people were as well.... but they're the wrong political persuasion for the liberal DAs to drop charges.....

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

On the contrary - Cow Poke is self evidently a great lover of peace. If someone disturbs his peace, that someone will be prevented from doing it again.
                  You should see the "Peacemaker" that he keeps next to his bed.

denix-.jpg
                  Colt .45 SAA Model P "Peacemaker"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

911.jpg

(allow me to quickly add that I am a responsible gun owner who does not take the use of deadly force lightly)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

911.jpg

(allow me to quickly add that I am a responsible gun owner who does not take the use of deadly force lightly)
                      Certainly not. It's either heavy callibre or rail-guns - all perfectly peaceful except for the initial bangs.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

911.jpg

One of these days I'll finally get you to upgrade past those dang single-shot and get something a bit more modern. Like one of the "toys" roguetech labs & bait shop is currently developing

Comment

Certainly not. It's either heavy callibre or rail-guns - all perfectly peaceful except for the initial bangs.
                          not armed.jpg

Comment

• Violent insurrectionist:
                            image_45502.jpg

(Mostly) Peaceful protestor:
                            Feds-Violent-Protests-Riots-Portland-04.jpg

(At least according to liberals.)
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yup. First these Democrat DAs charge them for lesser offenses, and then, a bit later, dismiss the charges as not worth prosecuting. A B&E entry where the arrested person literally had stolen merchandise in their hands gets reduced to a charge of trespassing. Then the same DAs declare that they aren't worth the time. Or when violent behavior gets reduced to disorderly conduct and the DA then equates that to protesting -- and exercising their basic civil rights.

The only difference to this pattern we see time and time again when the left riots is the response to January 6th.

Comment