Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots Coming Back To Kenosha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riots Coming Back To Kenosha?

Or is it too cold for snowflakes?

No Kenosha officers to face charges in Jacob Blake shooting, prosecutors say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kenosha-o...es-jacob-blake

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post

why-did-blm-antifa-disappear-they-stopped-getting-paid-to-show-up.jpg

The elections are over so the rioting no longer serves its purpose.

Hillary Clinton in 2018: "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Give it a few months for the Biden/Harris disillusionment to settle in. It'll start back up eventually.

Comment

Will there be riots? Possibly. I know the father was trying to rouse people with his rhetoric after the decision. And Biden seems to have pissed off BLM in the last month or so, so who knows.

That said, not surprised in the least to see this decision, it's exactly what I expected the outcome would be. It was a pretty shut and closed case, the video showed him with a knife, trying to get into a car with kids, he was wanted for domestic abuse, and he was breaking a restraining order just by being there (at the home of the woman who had the order, who he'd abused). The cop had every reason to shoot him and prevent him from taking the kids hostage or driving off in a high speed chase with them, especially after he had already gotten violent with the cops. I don't know why BLM keeps picking losers like this to rally around.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Will there be riots? Possibly. I know the father was trying to rouse people with his rhetoric after the decision. And Biden seems to have pissed off BLM in the last month or so, so who knows.

That said, not surprised in the least to see this decision, it's exactly what I expected the outcome would be. It was a pretty shut and closed case, the video showed him with a knife, trying to get into a car with kids, he was wanted for domestic abuse, and he was breaking a restraining order just by being there (at the home of the woman who had the order, who he'd abused). The cop had every reason to shoot him and prevent him from taking the kids hostage or driving off in a high speed chase with them, especially after he had already gotten violent with the cops. I don't know why BLM keeps picking losers like this to rally around.
          This isn't the first controversial decision not to prosecute in the last couple of weeks and there has been at least one shooting by police that a couple months ago would have led to burning cars and looted stores. But there hasn't even been any sort of reaction.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Contrary to what folks might think, they're still protesting in certain cities. Pockets of protests are still occurring here in LA, and from what I understand, they've set up, or tried to, other autonomous zones in Portland and Seattle recently. It's just that the MSM is not giving that extra attentive fuel like they were prior to election for what appears to be obvious political reasons. But the populous is still on edge.

Comment

Yeah, promoting the rioting no longer serves a purpose for the MSM and will actually make the Biden administration look bad, so you can be sure they will be downplayed from now now. Unless it is done by conservatives, then you can expect it to be blown all out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Yeah, promoting the rioting no longer serves a purpose for the MSM and will actually make the Biden administration look bad, so you can be sure they will be downplayed from now now. Unless it is done by conservatives, then you can expect it to be blown all out of proportion.
                Kind of like how during Tea Party rallies they would scour the outer edges looking for a disaffected nut case that they could showcase as a "typical" member but during the Occupy protests they kept insisting they were just your average Americans.

Comment

It's the power of the spotlight. The irony is, you can be heavily biased, while providing an air of neutrality, by carefully choosing what stories to report on, and then presenting them without spin.

For example, Huffpost recently reported that Arizona's Republican Governor was "under fire" because his 25 year old son was videotaped out at a party without a mask after the governor said "bad idea" about such things. That's newsworthy, while democrats "under fire" when they themselves (as opposed to their adult children) not listening to their own advice isn't newsworthy enough to report on. They provided a simple, factual reporting of the issue, neutral at face value....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Not only will they downplay or ignore the riots, but they are going to attempt to create a whole different reality than what is actually happening in the US in the next four years. It's going to be wild.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Not only will they downplay or ignore the riots, but they are going to attempt to create a whole different reality than what is actually happening in the US in the next four years. It's going to be wild.
                      Soo, the same thing as the last four years.

Comment