Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I find this one interesting. Putin recalled the US ambassador yesterday for consultations, because Biden called Putin a "killer."

This is what Democrats are all about, lots of reckless talk but little action. On the world stage, when leader A insults leader B, the latter has to save face and respond. These leaders have to deal with other nations and they want to do that from a position of strength. They can't sit back idly while being called names by the US president. It makes them appear weak, and they get angry, and that can be dangerous.

Did you notice how Trump never personally insulted Putin or Xi or Kim? He would say they were nice people, and then he would apply sanctions and tariffs to their nations. That approach would take just enough wind out of the sails of these dictators that they were unable to respond publicly, or at least significantly.

We're in for a bumpy ride.
    IIRC, Trump did trash talk Kim ("Rocketman" and the like) when he first became president but dropped it when he realized that he might actually be willing to negotiate seriously. In his Art of the Deal Trump brings up the strategy of saying nice things in public but being tough in private.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      IIRC, Trump did trash talk Kim ("Rocketman" and the like) when he first became president but dropped it when he realized that he might actually be willing to negotiate seriously. In his Art of the Deal Trump brings up the strategy of saying nice things in public but being tough in private.
      You're right, that's true about Kim. I suspect Trump's frustrations got the best of him there and he treated Kim like his enemies in the media. Trump also reversed course with people in Congress, like Pelosi. He started off complimenting her, but changed strategy and began attacking her when he realized she couldn't be shmoozed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You're right, that's true about Kim. I suspect Trump's frustrations got the best of him there and he treated Kim like his enemies in the media. Trump also reversed course with people in Congress, like Pelosi. He started off complimenting her, but changed strategy and began attacking her when he realized she couldn't be shmoozed.
        You also have to remember that he was friends with or at least enjoyed a positive relationship with many folks like Pelosi before running for president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Moderated By: sparko

Sorry, I had to delete Ox's post and the posts that follow it to clear up the formatting problem. If you are still seeing the messed up page/posts, go into your browser settings, clear your caches and refresh your page.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment