Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fauci the Fraud openly admits to misleading the public (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Fauci the Fraud is on record admitting that he has said what he said not because he believed it was true but because he thought it was what the public "needed" to hear. That's a lie by definition. This is not open to debate. The only question is whether or not you believe he was right to do so, and every indication throughout this thread is that you believe he was.

That you are able to so breezily justify and defend the lies of another really should bother you.
    What is clear here is that you despise Fauci, and so you are willing to leave out important facts to more strongly support your characterization of him as a liar. You have 'shaded the truth' in order to encourage others to despise him just as much as you do.

But if leaving out any part of the story no matter the consequences makes a person a liar - then how are you any less a liar than Fauci?

The truth about herd immunity is that fauci communicated a lower value in a range of possible values in a time when he knew if he communicated the worst case value people would be discouraged from getting the vaccine. So basically, because he didn't tell the whole story regardless of the consequences, you are calling him a liar.

your characterization of THAT as a lie means that nearly every post you have made wrt this topic is a lie. Because you always leave out parts of the story to shade this man in the worst possible light.

Your characterization of THAT as a lie also means every single time you respond to a post I have made where you cut out the meat of my argument you are also lying.. because you are not telling the whole truth about what I have said.

If we accept your characterization of what Fauci did as 'lying', then:

1) Fauci 'lied' to prevent destruction, to prevent more death and suffering.

2) You 'lie' to cause people to hate and lose trust in a good man doing his best to help us through this disaster.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-30-2020, 08:12 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

What is clear here is that you despise Fauci...
      I "despise" Fauci the same as I "despise" anybody who openly deceives others and then tries to justify it as somehow necessary. I also have little regard for those like you who try to defend such behavior.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I "despise" Fauci the same as I "despise" anybody who openly deceives others and then tries to justify it as somehow necessary. I also have little regard for those like you who try to defend such behavior.
        Then you must despise yourself. Because you openly deceive others about the full truth of what Fauci has said. You even openly deceive others about what I have said - every time you distort or cut out the parts of my post that undermine your response to it

You're just lying continously mountain man - as you define lying.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-30-2020, 08:20 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

...you must despise yourself.
          I leave the self-loathing to liberals.

Comment

What is clear here is that you despise Fauci, and so you are willing to leave out important facts to more strongly support your characterization of him as a liar. You have 'shaded the truth' in order to encourage others to despise him just as much as you do.

But if leaving out any part of the story no matter the consequences makes a person a liar - then how are you any less a liar than Fauci?

The truth about herd immunity is that fauci communicated a lower value in a range of possible values in a time when he knew if he communicated the worst case value people would be discouraged from getting the vaccine. So basically, because he didn't tell the whole story regardless of the consequences, you are calling him a liar.

your characterization of THAT as a lie means that nearly every post you have made wrt this topic is a lie. Because you always leave out parts of the story to shade this man in the worst possible light.

Your characterization of THAT as a lie also means every single time you respond to a post I have made where you cut out the meat of my argument you are also lying.. because you are not telling the whole truth about what I have said.

If we accept your characterization of what Fauci did as 'lying', then:

1) Fauci 'lied' to prevent destruction, to prevent more death and suffering.

2) You 'lie' to cause people to hate and lose trust in a good man doing his best to help us through this disaster.
            Fauci decieved the people.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Fauci decieved the people.
              1) the accusation Fauci lied about masks is a full on lie. He did not.

2) the accusation Fauci lied about herd immunity is shading the truth about it in the darkest possible light. It's a more complicated circumstance in that how to interpret and present the estimate for herd immunity to a non-scientific audience is itself subjective.

Fauci conveyed numbers in range for the estimate at all times. If you consider not reporting all the parameters of the estimate 'deception', then i suppose that is how you will perceive it. But Fauci has the responsibility of interpreting those results, and he has a responsibility to present them in a way that keeps hope alive. And that is what he did.

Comment

I leave the self-loathing to liberals.
                Easy to do when you apply a different stand to others than to yourself.

Comment

1) the accusation Fauci lied about masks is a full on lie. He did not.

2) the accusation Fauci lied about herd immunity is shading the truth about it in the darkest possible light. It's a more complicated circumstance in that how to interpret and present the estimate for herd immunity to a non-scientific audience is itself subjective.

Fauci conveyed numbers in range for the estimate at all times. If you consider not reporting all the parameters of the estimate 'deception', then i suppose that is how you will perceive it. But Fauci has the responsibility of interpreting those results, and he has a responsibility to present them in a way that keeps hope alive. And that is what he did.
                  How that reads to me is the President's Council worked to keep hope alive. President Trump deserves the credit.

Comment

Easy to do when you apply a different stand to others than to yourself.
                    It's typical of hypocrites like yourself to make yourself feel better by thinking everybody else is just as hypocritical as you.

Comment

It's typical of hypocrites like yourself to make yourself feel better by thinking everybody else is just as hypocritical as you.
                      the only hypocrisy here is you committing lies by omission nearly every time you quote one of my posts while doing your best to trash a man of impecable character for committing what you try to call a lie of omission.

But in the spirit of trying to tone down civics rhetoric, I'm going to just ignore your next insult(s) which will follow this post. I've made my case wrt fauci's comments on masks and herd immunity.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-30-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I've made my case...
                        And your case is nothing but spin and hypocrisy that no reasonable person finds the least bit compelling.

Comment