Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Shuts Down COVID Bill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Shuts Down COVID Bill...

Good for him!

Trump blasts Covid relief bill just passed by Congress, demands changes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ckage-n1251966
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Everyone knew what was in it so why did he wait until tonight to indicate dissatisfaction?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Everyone knew what was in it so why did he wait until tonight to indicate dissatisfaction?
      He saw your thread blaming Pelosi and wanted in on the action.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

He saw your thread blaming Pelosi and wanted in on the action.
        But the real reason is to take attention off the war criminals he just pardoned and whoever else he intends to pardon in the coming days.

Comment

$10 mil for gender studies in Pakistan. When you look at a lot of things in the bill, especially overseas spending, it seriously looks like a form of government money laundering. When the mob wants to clean dirty money, they do it through overpriced bogus projects. That's exactly what this sounds like. They're raping this country of its assets, and they're laundering the money overseas on bogus projects.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Good for him!

Trump blasts Covid relief bill just passed by Congress, demands changes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ckage-n1251966
            It's certainly a garbage bill, and his objections to it were pretty grounded. Let's see them do something useful instead of packing in pork.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Did they? That's a serious question, because I don't think anyone knew what was in it. From what I hear they got the bill at around 1 PM, and held a vote about 7 PM. They'd need to read over 1000 pages an hour to get through the bill and know what's in it.

Comment

Sorry for spamming the thread but I should add that I don't care why Trump is making this demand as it's the right thing to do. So even if he's doing it for the reason I gave I'll happily give him credit for doing more for some of the hurting people in this country than a whole lot of people in Congress.

Comment

And maybe that [next] administration will be me ...

What do you have in mind Donald?

At this point, McConnell’s in charge, not Trump.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Just to clarify two matters:

Two bills were presented simultaneously, a COVID relief bill and a normal spending bill which would keep the government in operation for the next few months. Trump is quoting items from the spending bill and using them as justification to criticize the COVID relief bill.

Also, top Democrats agree with Trump's call to increase the COVID relief payment from $600/person to $2000/person:

"Republicans repeatedly refused to say what amount the President wanted for direct checks. At last, the President has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the Floor this week by unanimous consent. Let’s do it!" - Nancy Pelosi (D), Speaker of the House

"We spent months trying to secure $2000 checks but Republicans blocked it. Trump needs to sign the bill to help people and keep the government open and we're glad to pass more aid Americans need. Maybe Trump can finally make himself useful and get Republicans not to block it again." - Senator Chuck Schumer (D), Senate Minority Leader

So, in regards to the COVID relief bill, Trump is siding with the House and Senate democrats.
                    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Globalist pork bill. Money for all sorts of backwater countries and scant relief for Americans. PAID FOR BY AMERICANS. Really nice piece of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                        Just to clarify two matters:

Two bills were presented simultaneously, a COVID relief bill and a normal spending bill which would keep the government in operation for the next few months. Trump is quoting items from the spending bill and using them as justification to criticize the COVID relief bill.

Also, top Democrats agree with Trump's call to increase the COVID relief payment from $600/person to $2000/person:

"Republicans repeatedly refused to say what amount the President wanted for direct checks. At last, the President has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the Floor this week by unanimous consent. Let’s do it!" - Nancy Pelosi (D), Speaker of the House

"We spent months trying to secure $2000 checks but Republicans blocked it. Trump needs to sign the bill to help people and keep the government open and we're glad to pass more aid Americans need. Maybe Trump can finally make himself useful and get Republicans not to block it again." - Senator Chuck Schumer (D), Senate Minority Leader

So, in regards to the COVID relief bill, Trump is siding with the House and Senate democrats.
                        Don't be disingenuous. Trump was always pushing the most generous stimulus package ... for Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Don't be disingenuous. Trump was always pushing the most generous stimulus package ... for Americans.
                          If true, then this disagreement would seem to be an internal matter of the Republican party and have nothing to do with the Democrats, who are supporting Trump's position on the COVID relief bill..

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

If true, then this disagreement would seem to be an internal matter of the Republican party and have nothing to do with the Democrats, who are supporting Trump's position on the COVID relief bill..
                            Sort of. Both Democrats and Republicans were packing it with pork, and Republicans were being the cheapest about payouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Sort of. Both Democrats and Republicans were packing it with pork, and Republicans were being the cheapest about payouts.
                              Remember, there are two bills, the COVID relief bill and the usual spending bill which will fund the US government until September 2021. The pork is in the spending bill, and it makes no sense for Trump to criticize the COVID bill because of items he dislikes in the spending bill.

Comment