Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Research shows In-person schooling not leading to spike in cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research shows In-person schooling not leading to spike in cases

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...cted-not-driv/

Our ruling

Gallagher said, "New data shows in-person learning isn't driving spikes in cases."

Indeed, research from an array of sources in October and November show in-person instruction has not been tied to increased cases in those areas.

Key leaders including Fauci have acknowledged classroom instruction caused fewer issues than expected, leading him to support a shift away from virtual learning.

We rate this claim True.

Should we reopen classrooms?

Comment

Reopen everything. It's obvious lockdowns do nothing but destroy the economy. But that won't happen apparently.

Comment

Seems comments are silent.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          Seems comments are silent.
          It is up to the states and inmost counties to have in person classes or virtual learning. In North Carolina it is up to the counties with recommendations for guide lines from the state.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is up to the states and inmost counties to have in person classes or virtual learning. In North Carolina it is up to the counties with recommendations for guide lines from the state.
            So, do you believe we should open schools?

Comment

My concern is teachers and staff at schools, and spread to homes. I consider the risk to students not significant except for the more vulnerable students. I may respond more.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

My concern is teachers and staff at schools, and spread to homes. I consider the risk to students not significant except for the more vulnerable students. I may respond more.
                The TEACHERS UNIONS are not as concerned about the needs of the children as they are their own wants and wishes. "IGNORE THE SCIENCE - we want to get paid to stay home!!!"
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The TEACHERS UNIONS are not as concerned about the needs of the children as they are their own wants and wishes. "IGNORE THE SCIENCE - we want to get paid to stay home!!!"
                  Here they whine about the schools being shut down and then they whine again when the schools are reopened.

They are indeed only concerned about themselves.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The science says that reopening schools does not lead to a spike in cases.

Comment

The science says that reopening schools does not lead to a spike in cases.
                      At this point, in many areas, it's not about whether ti leads to a spike in cases, but whether it leads to any additional cases.

Here in LA County, for example, our hospitals can't really deal with any more cases.

Comment

Except that hasn't been the case. As Fauci himself has finally admitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Except that hasn't been the case. As Fauci himself has finally admitted.
                          I believe that Fauci's citation is incomplete concerning the potential risk of teachers and staff. There is no way that going back to school would be measured in a new spike. The emergency rooms coast to coast are full and over flowing and fatality rate is through roof.

I have not said one way or another on whether person to person learning should continue. I am expressing obvious hazard to teachers and staff. I may cite more reference in the future on this issue.

It would help if the aggressive detractors posting in this thread would simple acknowledge the science and facts concerning the COVID-19 pandemic hospitalizations and fatalities are reasonably accurate. Some sources have proposed that the numbers are underestimated.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-20-2020, 07:14 PM.

Frank

Comment

I believe that Fauci's citation is incomplete concerning the potential risk of teachers and staff. There is no way that going back to school would be measured in a new spike. The emergency rooms coast to coast are full and over flowing and fatality rate is through roof.

I have not said one way or another on whether person to person learning should continue. I am expressing obvious hazard to teachers and staff. I may cite more reference in the future on this issue.

It would help if the aggressive detractors posting in this thread would simple acknowledge the science and facts concerning the COVID-19 pandemic hospitalizations and fatalities are reasonably accurate. Some sources have proposed that the numbers are underestimated.
                            • Dr. Fauci and other experts have recommended shifting back to in-person learning in light of the case data and the educational shortcomings of widespread virtual learning.

Comment

• Dr. Fauci and other experts have recommended shifting back to in-person learning in light of the case data and the educational shortcomings of widespread virtual learning.
                              Please note, "shifting back."

Frank

Comment