Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abraham Lincoln school to be renamed because "he didn't show Black LIves Mattered"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah, so you wanna BOTHSIDES this, eh? (yes, I agree)

I think there are a lot of people on BOTHSIDES who feel better when one party is not completely in power. I LIKE Gridlock! I like it when one party doesn't have full reign to foist their ideology on the public.
    I would normally agree with you about gridlock, and I'm still a bit unsure what would be best here. With the GOP becoming the party of Trump and with so many in the GOP supporting efforts based on fielty to him to override the election results, some up to and including use of the insurrection act and military 'intervention', I don't want the current GOP to have much say at all in how things are going. Now if they can walk away from Trump and take a conservative but country first approach, ill be back to supporting them on many policy issues. At this point though, I think it best at least for the short term they be the minority in all positions.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

We are looking forward to the next election at this point. Maybe Pence will run and make Trump his VP!

[just kidding]

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I would normally agree with you about gridlock, and I'm still a bit unsure what would be best here. With the GOP becoming the party of Trump and with so many in the GOP supporting efforts based on fielty to him to override the election results, some up to and including use of the insurrection act and military 'intervention', I don't want the current GOP to have much say at all in how things are going. Now if they can walk away from Trump and take a conservative but country first approach, ill be back to supporting them on many policy issues. At this point though, I think it best at least for the short term they be the minority in all positions.
        Are fully prepared for President Kamala Harris?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Are fully prepared for President Kamala Harris?
          More so than a repeat of president Donald Trump, if it comes to that. The real problem is it may take a decade or more to restore the GOP to some sort of trustworthy position. So in effect.conservative politics won the battle in 2016, but in the ensuing compromises with Trump and all his corruption, they lost the war for the soul of America for at least another decade. Until 2016, I voted republican in almost every race down the ticket. But in watching republican leaders with few exceptions discard all moral pretense to appease this man, and watching them cower in fear of him since the election, I will be unlikely to vote republican again for quite some time in spite of the fact the democratic party holds many positions I disagree with very, very strongly.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Abraham Lincoln To Be Removed From Penny, Replaced With BLM Fist

Joe Biden's Treasury Secretary-designee Janet Yellen has announced plans to remove Abraham Lincoln from the penny and replace the racist, anti-BLM president with the Black Lives Matter fist.

Starting next year, all pennies will have the racist president scrubbed from existence and replaced with the much less racist symbol of the far-left movement.

"Abraham Lincoln never once said the words 'Black Lives Matter,' and so must be canceled," Yellen said. "As my first act in office, I will demand he be removed from the penny, the five-dollar bill, and anywhere else his racist presence rears its ugly, hatted head."

"Yes, he freed the slaves -- but he didn't raise his fist and say 'Black Lives Matter!' while he did it. Cancel this man."

The Lincoln Memorial will be plowed down and replaced with a statue of Karl Marx, who was in no way racist and definitely would have said Black Lives Matter if he knew more black people, sources confirmed.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Boston removed the Lincoln Emancipation Statue. It is identical to the one in Washington D.C. which was funded exclusively by former slaves who wanted to honor Lincoln for his role in freeing America's slaves towards the end of the U.S. Civil War.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

More so than a repeat of president Donald Trump, if it comes to that. The real problem is it may take a decade or more to restore the GOP to some sort of trustworthy position. So in effect.conservative politics won the battle in 2016, but in the ensuing compromises with Trump and all his corruption, they lost the war for the soul of America for at least another decade. Until 2016, I voted republican in almost every race down the ticket. But in watching republican leaders with few exceptions discard all moral pretense to appease this man, and watching them cower in fear of him since the election, I will be unlikely to vote republican again for quite some time in spite of the fact the democratic party holds many positions I disagree with very, very strongly.
                I don't think democrats can gain some sort of trustworthiness in a decade. They cheat too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

I don't think democrats can gain some sort of trustworthiness in a decade. They cheat too much.
                  Interesting that at the end of his presidency Trump became the most admired man, finally beating Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Interesting that at the end of his presidency Trump became the most admired man, finally beating Obama.
                    Wild. That must chap their hide.

The bad orange ogre had something nice happen to him that's difficult to spin.

There must be more deplorable idiots then they ever thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      San Francisco to rename ABRAHAM LINCOLN High School because — I swear this is real — "he did not show that black lives ever mattered to him"

What's the first thing you think of when you hear "Abraham Lincoln"?

Right. He's the president who freed the slaves.

Wellll that's not good enough for the contemporary Woke Mafia. Sorry Abe, but you're getting canceled.

Committee Recommends Changing Name Of Abraham Lincoln High School Because He Allegedly Didn’t Prove Black Lives Matter

The San Francisco school district renaming committee reportedly wants to strip the name of former President Abraham Lincoln from a school over racism.

San Francisco is really renaming Abraham Lincoln High School and really said it's because Lincoln "did not show" that "black lives ever mattered" to him.

according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Lincoln, like the presidents before him and most after, did not show through policy or rhetoric that Black lives ever mattered to them outside of human capital and as casualties of wealth building."

"Uprooting the problematic names and symbols that currently clutter buildings, streets, throughout the city is a worthy endeavor," he noted, according to the report. "Only good can come from the public being reflective and intentional about the power of our words, names and rhetoric within our public institutions."
                      https://notthebee.com/article/san-fr...prDkaCpCRxjKiE

original sf chronicle article referenced:
                      https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Abraham-Lincoln-was-once-a-hero-In-some-S-F-15798744.php
                      Its now official. Washington and Lincoln are out. S.F. school board tosses 44 school names in controversial move

The board voted 6 to 1 in favor of eliminating them and gave the schools "until April to suggest a new name, which would then be brought back to the board for a vote."

So Washington and Lincoln High schools along with Herbert Hoover Middle School, Roosevelt Middle School (the board doesn't know or care if it was named after FDR or Theodore), Jefferson, Monroe, Garfield, and McKinley Elementary Schools (all also named after U.S. Presidents) are all out. Along with Paul Revere (Revolutionary War hero) and Francis Scott Key (composer of "Star Spangled Banner") K-8 Schools, and even Dianne Feinstein Elementary (named after former San Fran mayor and current California Senator) didn't pass the purity test and must be changed.

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          The left sure does love their historical negationism.

It reminds me how Khrushchev ordered all libraries to glue to the two pages together in the official Soviet encyclopedia that contained the entry on Lavrentiy Beria after he had him immediately executed when the verdict of his show trial was announced until a new edition could be produced of that volume removing all reference to him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The left sure does love their historical negationism.

It reminds me how Khrushchev ordered all libraries to glue to the two pages together in the official Soviet encyclopedia that contained the entry on Lavrentiy Beria after he had him immediately executed when the verdict of his show trial was announced until a new edition could be produced of that volume removing all reference to him.

And all this reminds me of exactly what Khrushchev...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment