Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should we shut Civics 101 down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Following recent events, it is not surprising that quite a few contributors to this most popular forum are feeling a little discombobulated. This feeling will pass, and we can all hold hands and look towards a brighter future, when ALL will be equal.
    Have a Coke, ff...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If we close it I hope we don't delete it but rather lock it. Too much stuff there I'd like to use for discussions elsewhere.
      What is this "elsewhere" you speak of? Don't tell me you are a forum tart!

Comment

There's no reason to shut it down. Everyone has the freedom to moderate their own actions and behaviors. You can choose to post, or not post. Choose to ignore the trolls or not ignore them. Censorship is always a course that leads to destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          There's no reason to shut it down. Everyone has the freedom to moderate their own actions and behaviors. You can choose to post, or not post. Choose to ignore the trolls or not ignore them. Censorship is always a course that leads to destruction.

I hope this is sarcasm.
          It's not censorship so much as trying to get this site back on it's intended track. We are not Civicsweb, we are Theologyweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It's not censorship so much as trying to get this site back on it's intended track. We are not Civicsweb, we are Theologyweb.
            Like Civil said, it's just a sign of the times. I think it reflects the tension in society, so it won't change. Like Shuny said, either the heated discourses will bleed into other areas of the forum, or most folks will just leave to other forums.

Comment

Like Civil said, it's just a sign of the times. I think it reflects the tension in society, so it won't change. Like Shuny said, either the heated discourses will bleed into other areas of the forum, or most folks will just leave to other forums.
              Except we can moderate the other forums and keep the Civics stuff out of them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Back to the subject at hand. Many actually take Civics 101 to seriously. In part the whole site is a school for me, and to large extent inspires and compels me to do research on topics I would not have normally I normally would not have.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-16-2020, 12:50 PM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  Following recent events, it is not surprising that quite a few contributors to this most popular forum are feeling a little discombobulated. This feeling will pass, and we can all hold hands and look towards a brighter future, when ALL will be equal.
                  Most attempts by men to create heaven on earth often create hell on earth instead.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Back to the subject at hand. Many actually take Civics 101 to seriously. In part the whole site is a school for me, and to large extent inspires and compels me to do research on topics I would not have notmally
                    i normally would not
                    When did we get off the subject?

Comment

Obviously the mods will do whatever they want. I think Civics should stay. I think the timing is highly suspect given that things have been a lot more chill over the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Most attempts by men to create heaven on earth often create hell on earth instead.
                        This is part of what I am talking about, you constantly calling people names in your quotes. It needs to stop. It's not as cutesy or clever as you think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What is this "elsewhere" you speak of? Don't tell me you are a forum tart!
                          Nowhere presently. Although I did post for awhile on CARM.

I'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go
                          People know the part I'm playing
                          Paid for every dance, selling each romance
                          Ooh, what they're sayin' musical note.gif

I loved Leon Redbone's version of that song.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When did we get off the subject?
                            Talk of languages and such.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                              Obviously the mods will do whatever they want. I think Civics should stay. I think the timing is highly suspect given that things have been a lot more chill over the past month.
                              Most of us have been here since the forum started. Things have not been chill, not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                                "highly suspect" in what way?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment