Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alleged crusade to stop voter fraud lands former HPD captain in handcuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I thought the reason for that lack of discussion was that we decided we didn't want to allow discussion on that topic because it was too vulgar. Or was that something else?
    There were discussions on it. The problem was using the same term that the vulgar protesters used for the hats.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I wonder how many threads there would be if one was started about every single thing the TDS crowd did after Trump won in 2016. For instance not one thread about the vagina hatted kooks protesting the inauguration but every single incident. Every aspect. Every stunt. Each one getting a separate thread.

Would the interwebz have contained enough bandwidth?
    I thought the reason for that lack of discussion was that we decided we didn't want to allow discussion on that topic because it was too vulgar. Or was that something else?

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It was. It is an isolated incident. That was addressing it.
    You provided no evidence to support this claim. It is not an isolated incident of the kinds of things going on because of this bogus claim of election fraud.

Yes. I don't direct anyone at all in threads I start. They can evolve as they may.
    That's one difference between you and me. I bet there's even two of them!

Not false. You mentioned that this guy was funded. The people who attacked Rand Paul were also funded. That is the equivalency.
    That's one thing they have in common. I bet there's even two of them!

Again, I don't direct threads whatsoever. If people go off on a tangent, that's their choice. I can choose to ignore the tangent.
    You can. And I can choose not to do so, which is what I'm doing. Now, if you're done embarrassing yourself for Rand Paul I guess you can wait for your next chance to display your "discernment." But I'd kindly request you to stay remotely relevant to the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Threads can deviate once the main topic has been addressed.
    It was. It is an isolated incident. That was addressing it.

If the very first post is "I doubt it" without actually reading the link I posted then I'm going to call it out. Is that really such a draconian rule?
    Yes. I don't direct anyone at all in threads I start. They can evolve as they may.

Your first post to this thread dismisses everything in the OP with "Isolated incident." and then immediately tries for false equivalency.
    Not false. You mentioned that this guy was funded. The people who attacked Rand Paul were also funded. That is the equivalency.

Am I really out of line for considering a two work blanket dismissal (just as you did in that other thread with 0 words) not in the spirit of the thread?
    Again, I don't direct threads whatsoever. If people go off on a tangent, that's their choice. I can choose to ignore the tangent.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I've seen the video, there are at least two, maybe three of them. I subscribe to Rand Paul's newsletter and got his account firsthand.

Again, your threads are too restrictive unless you want to deviate. I'm not interested in that.
    Threads can deviate once the main topic has been addressed. If the very first post is "I doubt it" without actually reading the link I posted then I'm going to call it out. Is that really such a draconian rule?

Your first post to this thread dismisses everything in the OP with "Isolated incident." and then immediately tries for false equivalency. Am I really out of line for considering a two work blanket dismissal (just as you did in that other thread with 0 words) not in the spirit of the thread?

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    More "discernment" on your part or uncritically repeating things you heard without actually investigating?
    I've seen the video, there are at least two, maybe three of them. I subscribe to Rand Paul's newsletter and got his account firsthand.

Again, your threads are too restrictive unless you want to deviate. I'm not interested in that.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

The claim that you could is the point! A sharp one indeed.
    Yes, I could, but I don't.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I really don't see the point.
    The claim that you could is the point! A sharp one indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

I think you should do that. Or create some omnibus thread.
    I really don't see the point.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

. . . but you can't.
    I don't because I really don't see the point.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

The issue was people not staying on topic. The same issue as I directed at Ronson. This thread is not about BLM. That thread was not about whatever nonsense equivalency people were bringing up. If you want to discuss my requests to stay on topic feel free to create a thread in the panic room or whatever it's called.
    Except the mods told you that in fact you could not kick people out of that thread for daring to question your anonymous sources. Sorry bud..

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

I think you're trivializing this incident a scoch.
    Another example of supporters of Trump/GOP losing touch with reality. It's rather sad really, isn't it? I wonder what percentage of those 65+ million who voted for Trump are denying reality?

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

If I cared to go to the trouble, I could easily find numerous incidents a week of violence perpetrated by liberals against conservatives and start a thread about each one -- I could probably dominate the front page every week with such topics -- but I don't because I really don't see the point.
    I think you should do that. Or create some omnibus thread.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Too true. Hilariously he got soundly spanked by a Mod later on in that thread where he tried to order you and me to stop posting on the thread when we dared to question his anonymous sources, and was told he cannot, in fact, kick people off the thread when they question something he brought up by posting.
    The issue was people not staying on topic. The same issue as I directed at Ronson. This thread is not about BLM. That thread was not about whatever nonsense equivalency people were bringing up. If you want to discuss my requests to stay on topic feel free to create a thread in the panic room or whatever it's called.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied

If I cared to go to the trouble, I could easily find numerous incidents a week of violence perpetrated by liberals against conservatives and start a thread about each one -- I could probably dominate the front page every week with such topics -- but I don't because I really don't see the point.
    . . . but you can't. I previous used actual data records. You have provided nothing.

Leave a comment: