Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alleged crusade to stop voter fraud lands former HPD captain in handcuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Too true. Hilariously he got soundly spanked by a Mod later on in that thread where he tried to order you and me to stop posting on the thread when we dared to question his anonymous sources, and was told he cannot, in fact, kick people off the thread when they question something he brought up by posting.
    Maybe he can get a job at Facebook or Twitter!

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

No, I won't bother posting any videos. Your "conditions" for posting in your threads ("I can deviate, you can't") is worth avoiding in the future.
    Too true. Hilariously he got soundly spanked by a Mod later on in that thread where he tried to order you and me to stop posting on the thread when we dared to question his anonymous sources, and was told he cannot, in fact, kick people off the thread when they question something he brought up by posting.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Many incidents lead to many threads. Right wing terrorists and violence outnumbers other causes.
    If I cared to go to the trouble, I could easily find numerous incidents a week of violence perpetrated by liberals against conservatives and start a thread about each one -- I could probably dominate the front page every week with such topics -- but I don't because I really don't see the point.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

No, I won't bother posting any videos. Your "conditions" for posting in your threads ("I can deviate, you can't") is worth avoiding in the future.
    Sounds like you took a look at the video and realize how stupid it would make you look. Never fear, I'll be happy to oblige. Here's the "attack" Ronson thinks is on par with ramming someone's car and holding a gun to their head.

More "discernment" on your part or uncritically repeating things you heard without actually investigating?
    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 12-16-2020, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

An isolated incident of some Trump supporter going haywire. Someone the Left can point at and spin all out of proportion.
    I knew this guy - straight across the board nutter, never should have been a cop.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Going haywire / lost control / went nuts are excuses given for putting oneself in a position where rationality breaks down.

If you want to to discuss them please make another thread. That is not what we are discussing here.

But I will lightly sidetrack on this point. Post the video of Rand Paul being "attacked." I've seen it... have you? You're actually going to compare someone pointing a gun at an innocent person's head to what happened Rand Paul?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Many incidents lead to many threads. Right wing terrorists and violence outnumbers other causes.
    Indeed. But it gets old when everything needs its own thread. Again, look at the vagina hat protest during the inauguration. There were enough incidents there alone to start scores of threads. The same with the months of looting and rioting. Each day a half dozen threads could have been started after each night. But with you guys, every thing you can find you start a thread.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

Attacking an air conditioner repairman? Based on some theory? I'd say he did.
    Going haywire / lost control / went nuts are excuses given for putting oneself in a position where rationality breaks down.

And the looting mobs last fall committed violent felonies after receiving substantial funding
    If you want to to discuss them please make another thread. That is not what we are discussing here.

(the ones who attacked Rand Paul were staying at a swanky hotel). I don't recall if you were indignant over any of those incidents.
    But I will lightly sidetrack on this point. Post the video of Rand Paul being "attacked." I've seen it... have you? You're actually going to compare someone pointing a gun at an innocent person's head to what happened Rand Paul?
    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 12-15-2020, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Actually I didn't really look at it. It just gets tiring to see half a dozen new threads every single day complaining about each and every incident. As I said the same could have been done about every single incident from the TDS crowd.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-15-2020, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

He didn't "go haywire."
    Attacking an air conditioner repairman? Based on some theory? I'd say he did.

He committed violent felonies investigating one of Trump's conspiracy theories after receiving substantial funding. This has nothing to do with any democrat or liberal or whatever.
    And the looting mobs last fall committed violent felonies after receiving substantial funding (the ones who attacked Rand Paul were staying at a swanky hotel). I don't recall if you were indignant over any of those incidents.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I don't follow your argument. We shouldn't be upset by violent felonies committed by Trump supporters?
    Can you show me where I said that?

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

An isolated incident of some Trump supporter going haywire. Someone the Left can point at and spin all out of proportion.
    He didn't "go haywire." He committed violent felonies investigating one of Trump's conspiracy theories after receiving substantial funding. This has nothing to do with any democrat or liberal or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

An isolated incident of what?

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

Isolated incident. Was this guy part of a burning, looting TDS mob?
    An isolated incident of what?

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

I don't follow your argument. We shouldn't be upset by violent felonies committed by Trump supporters?
    Isolated incident. Was this guy part of a burning, looting TDS mob?

Leave a comment: