Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russia hacked the Teasury Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Nice attempt but your pedantry has gone overboard. I specifically said that if someone openly opposed the president that would be one thing. They could be asked to resign. But to do it behind their back in secret, undermining POTUS's orders, etc, that is different.
    Not exactly. And this does get messy, but for the most part, at high levels of government, the loyalty and the oaths are to the American people and the US constitution. So anyone working in the white house has a responsibility first the the US constitution and people, and then to the office of president, not to the man in the office.

It is this distinction that has kept the US truly great to this point, and it is THE thing Trump just doesn't understand. He wants people loyal to HIM above all else. And that just is not what the US or US governance is about. And that is why so many have had lines they simply will not cross and Trump keeps having to fire them and go hunting someone that will do his bidding regardless of what aligns with the constitution or the will of the American people.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Nice attempt but your pedantry has gone overboard. I specifically said that if someone openly opposed the president that would be one thing. They could be asked to resign. But to do it behind their back in secret, undermining POTUS's orders, etc, that is different.
      Ok, so we'll go with opposition behind closed doors. There are plenty of examples of people undermining the incoming Biden administration (see GSA administrator, cutting back and canceling briefings, continuing to undermine Biden's legitimacy etc.) In fact, Trump and Devos (and probably others) have taken steps to embed loyalists in positions to work against Biden once he takes over and continue undermining him. Is that a coup? Or you could just say "I threw that word around casually and didn't really mean it in the sense I'm using it now." But you're constitutionally incapable of that.

I don't want to sound pedantic but I'm pretty sure you don't know what that word means. Stating my ideas clearly and correcting your material misunderstandings / misstatements is not pedantry.
      Last edited by LiconaFan97; 12-23-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment