Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No comment? No condemnation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I would add that in the realm of lying, quantity, lack of remorse do matter. And I'm not trying to justify Biden lying, as if it's a good thing or that there is not some truth in that accusation. But there is no comparison between a person lying at some point in the past, or even a penchant for exaggeration in the present, over what Trump does. They simply are not comparable behaviors. I.e. the one(biden) is within the realm of 'normal' for human behaviors, especially in politics, the other (Trump) crosses over into the realm of pathalogical. Brazen lies that function as loyalty tests all there own. Will you stay with him even though he is obviously lying?

There are shades of gray wrt 'he lies'. It is absurd to say that a person is inconsistent if they can not tolerate Trumps persistent, non stop over the top lying behavior which is visible almost every time he speaks, but accept as a better alternative someone with biden's history on the subject.

Iow, it is not just that Trump lies. It is that lying is a dominant and integral part of the entirety of Trumps character.
    I would add that being forced to admit you had been lying and then turning around and repeating the very same lies do matter. That's Duane Gish territory.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I would add that being forced to admit you had been lying and then turning around and repeating the very same lies do matter. That's Duane Gish territory.
      Rogue - I have no problems with you being concerned about a candidate caught in a lie. What I have a problem with is that you are willing to accept and support a serial, pathological liar in his stead.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Rogue - I have no problems with you being concerned about a candidate caught in a lie. What I have a problem with is that you are willing to accept and support a serial, pathological liar in his stead.
        Looks like we just got another one. How else do you define someone when forced to admit he was lying still turns around and keeps telling the same lies? But of course since he isn't OMB, you will be more than willing to accept and support a serial, pathological liar.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Looks like we just got another one. How else do you define someone when forced to admit he was lying still turns around and keeps telling the same lies? But of course since he isn't OMB, you will be more than willing to accept and support a serial, pathological liar.
          There is no comparison Rogue. And no, you will never catch me trying to gloss over whatever issues Biden has as has been done for the last four years with Trump. And we are still not done with Trump. Will he try some means to forcefully overturn the election. Will you support him if he does. News today is the GOP refused to acknowledge Joe bidens win, officially.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-08-2020, 02:48 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

There is no comparison Rogue. And no, you will never catch me trying to gloss over whatever issues Biden has as has been done for the last four years with Trump. And we are still not done with Trump. Will he try some means to forcefully overturn the election. Will you support him if he does. News today is the GOP refused to acknowledge Joe bidens win, officially.
            Exhibit A

Biden's faking his family history and his academic record aren't the only things Biden has admitted were falsehoods and yet continues to claim once the heat gets turned off.

Comment

Exhibit A

Biden's faking his family history and his academic record aren't the only things Biden has admitted were falsehoods and yet continues to claim once the heat gets turned off.
              Without getting into the specifics of the accusation, what is your point wrt the post of mine you are quoting? What is 'Exhibit A' an exhibit of?

Comment

Exhibit A

I think I see what you are trying to say.

You're better than this rogue. Here is a link to a fact check.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26L2RD

The purported lie revolves around Biden's intended meaning for "I got my start", which from context is 'in politics', not 'in school'

And of course he'd repeat the claim In that Delaware State DID support him in his senate bid.

no- this is not even close to the pathological lying we have all become so used to from Trump. It doesn't appear to be a lie or even an exaggeration. Or are you referring to something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Okay, Mr. DiGenova did not do that. Unless he says otherwise, we can presume that he made his remarks with the reasonable expectation that nobody would take him literally.
                  No reasonable explanation unless you can cite him for this questionable claim. Let Mr. DiGenova speak for himself. Can you cite him specifically to support your assertion.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No reasonable explanation unless you can cite him for this questionable claim. Let Mr. DiGenova speak for himself. Can you cite him specifically to support your assertion.
                    Apparently you don't understand what the word "presume" means.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Apparently you don't understand what the word "presume" means.
                      Please cite a reference from Mr. DiGenova supporting your assertion.

Still waiting . . .
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

In his remark DiGenova made no reference to any due process of law. Of course taking people out and shooting them is something we generally associate with gang violence or the actions of totalitarian regimes. For example the popular image of the Gestapo or KGB breaking down the door at 3.a.m.
                        "Shot at dawn" and "drawn and quartered" are both expressions I link with official executions, not with supposed mob actions.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

A simple Googlage of "digenova joking" (without the quotes, of course) immediately returns multiple pages of consecutive relevant "hits" about the fact that Joltin' Joe later clarified that he was joking.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

"Shot at dawn" and "drawn and quartered" are both expressions I link with official executions, not with supposed mob actions.
                            And both of course are decidedly barbaric.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

Oh good! H_A you have no answer to my questions! I am disappointed and surprised at the same time lol!

Edit: I forgot to add elated!
                              Good to see you have your thesaurus to hand.

At post #113 you asked "Do you think he should be punished and if so, what would you consider to be a fit punishment?" You appear to have miscomprehended the purpose of this thread. It was not started to discuss meting out punishments.

This thread was in response to a lack of any comments criticising or condemning DiGenova's remarks which were unethical and fascist.

Civilised politicians [and their officials] in a modern tolerant and liberal society do not suggest to their audience that members of the opposition [or those who work for it] should be killed.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

Even for you ...
                                Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

That's ok, whatever you right she'll chop up, and then challenge your "points" that were actually addressed in parts she chopped out. Not to mention the lies she tells, such as asking if someone should have been executed, while at the same time saying she didn't bring up "legal" that was you. Which if you put together means she's asking about whether someone should have been extrajudicially executed....where the context is that you should probably agree.
                                Do I detect a soupçon of petulance?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment