Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No comment? No condemnation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You appear to have missed the connection.
    Yes that is why I asked the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post

Yes that is why I asked the question?
      I described language such as that used by DiGenova [and Bannon] as the language and behaviour of fascists. DiGenova shares a first name with Goebbels.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Well said, but I doubt the 14 year old mentality
        Fourteen year olds? Have some here reached such an age of mental maturity?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have waited to see if anyone posted a thread on the "mob lawyer" remarks of Joe DiGenova about Chris Krebs and so far have not noticed one. [If someone has already done so please accept my apologies].

According to one report: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ris-krebs-shot

DiGenova made the remark about Krebs on The Howie Carr Show, a podcast shown on YouTube and the Trump-allied Newsmax TV, on Monday.

“Anybody who thinks the election went well,” he said, “like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity, that guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot.”

Carr did not challenge the remark.

[...] DiGenova is not the first close Trump aide to call for the death of an official in the president’s disfavour. In early November, former campaign chief and White House strategist Steve Bannon said FBI director Christopher Wray and public health expert Anthony Fauci should be beheaded. He was banned from Twitter

It should be noted that DiGenova was not challenged by Carr. One is led to ask, Why not? Perhaps Carr shares such views. It should be noted that DiGenova's remarks and Carr's reticence to challenge him are indicative of the language and behaviour of fascists. DiGenvoa even has the appropriate first name, Joseph.

There has already been a [mercifully] thwarted plot to abduct and "try" the Governor of Michigan for treason and overthrow the state government. If some lunatic acts on the words of DiGenova [or Bannon] what then?

Or is human life so cheap [particularly if it belongs to someone on the opposition, or who is deemed to be in some way an "enemy"] that Trump supporters will not care?
          I'll use the same line that gets used when I ask about those who call for punishment of speech.

It's legal and thier right.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'll use the same line that gets used when I ask about those who call for punishment of speech.

It's legal and thier right.
            And as I pointed out, with rights [and freedoms] come responsibility.

On the issue of free speech, do you think the Allies were right to hang Streicher? Or is this "right" only applicable to Americans?
            Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 12-06-2020, 12:15 PM.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You appear to have missed the connection.
              And you failed to make it when asked

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Obvious? In what way?
                I really don't have time for people who ask stupid questions in the hopes that their opponent will trip themselves up trying to answer. I mean, seriously, do you really believe that Mr. DiGenova literally wants to see someone "drawn and quartered"?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And as I pointed out, with rights [and freedoms] come responsibility.

On the issue of free speech, do you think the Allies were right to hang Streicher? Or is this "right" only applicable to Americans?
                  You appear to miss the point. No surprise.

Comment

I have waited to see if anyone posted a thread on the "mob lawyer" remarks of Joe DiGenova about Chris Krebs and so far have not noticed one. [If someone has already done so please accept my apologies].

According to one report: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ris-krebs-shot

DiGenova made the remark about Krebs on The Howie Carr Show, a podcast shown on YouTube and the Trump-allied Newsmax TV, on Monday.

“Anybody who thinks the election went well,” he said, “like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity, that guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot.”

Carr did not challenge the remark.

[...] DiGenova is not the first close Trump aide to call for the death of an official in the president’s disfavour. In early November, former campaign chief and White House strategist Steve Bannon said FBI director Christopher Wray and public health expert Anthony Fauci should be beheaded. He was banned from Twitter

It should be noted that DiGenova was not challenged by Carr. One is led to ask, Why not? Perhaps Carr shares such views. It should be noted that DiGenova's remarks and Carr's reticence to challenge him are indicative of the language and behaviour of fascists. DiGenvoa even has the appropriate first name, Joseph.

There has already been a [mercifully] thwarted plot to abduct and "try" the Governor of Michigan for treason and overthrow the state government. If some lunatic acts on the words of DiGenova [or Bannon] what then?

Or is human life so cheap [particularly if it belongs to someone on the opposition, or who is deemed to be in some way an "enemy"] that Trump supporters will not care?
                    Never heard of any of these people, so I don't particularly care........

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      Never heard of any of these people, so I don't particularly care........
                      It seems an issue of whatever echo chamber she is in making a mountain out of a molehill in order to keep it's readers outraged.

Comment

I described language such as that used by DiGenova [and Bannon] as the language and behaviour of fascists. DiGenova shares a first name with Goebbels.
                        Thanks. Do you associate all people named Joseph with Goebbels?

Comment

This is NR.

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I was wishing violence on Krebs.
                          And this is Esther, reacting to NR.

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Did you find that amusing.
                          Originally posted by Esther View Post

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

This is NR.

And this is Esther, reacting to NR.

I found this sentence about Chris Krebs of NR's amusing:

If he actually sent that self-aggrandizing tweet, he clearly suffers from James Comey Syndrome. All the more reason to kick him to the curb -- though pushing him down an elevator shaft would have been better. NR was very obviously not truly wishing violence on him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              I love Joltin' Joey D. He is well known for his entertainingly flamboyant rhetoric. He later explained it was a joke, and anyone with an IQ higher than a root vegetable (to borrow a great turn of phrase from that greatest of phrase-turners, Sen. John Kennedy) would *know* it was a joke, precisely because of the "drawn and quartered" expression.

Interested parties can read here Jonathan Turley's article. He disapproved of Joe's rhetoric, but appears much *more* disapproving of the attempts of some to actually have him disbarred.
                              In other thread Ronson brought up the Kathy Griffin / Trump head picture which produced significant complaint from Republicans. That was also obviously a joke yet it was held up as a clear example of wished political violence. Why is this case, which is more concrete and direct, acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I really don't have time for people who ask stupid questions in the hopes that their opponent will trip themselves up trying to answer. I mean, seriously, do you really believe that Mr. DiGenova literally wants to see someone "drawn and quartered"?
                                If someone who isn't me said they wished you'd be drawn and quartered they'd be banned from this message board.

Comment