Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

China Joe says he'll "develop some disease" and resign if he and Harris ever disagree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Throughout his career old Joe's instincts have put him closer toward the center than what is currently tolerated among the left. But as several have commented they know in his current (worsening) state that he is easily manipulated. Kamala's instincts puts her much further to the left and she also has a strong dictatorial streak. Like when she was D.A., keeping prisoners locked up who should have been released so she could continue to use them as cheap labor.
    Oh I get the current political think about it, I'm just not persuaded one will be worse than the other. I see them as equally atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

I didn't really hear "expects Harris to resign"

Was that in there?
      That was Stoic's interpretation. My interpretation was more like "step aside" - not resignation.

Is Camal-la really worse than Joe?
      Philosophically? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

What I see is he gets angry and defensive whenever anyone questions his coherency, which is what I would expect from someone who is deteriorating (my mother did in the early stages of Alzheimers).

Instead of saying he's been tested and he's fine (although he acknowledged he hasn't been tested) or just laughing it off, he gets testy.

And this stutter excuse is a joke. The guy is older than dirt and has been around for ages in the media. He doesn't have a "stutter" anymore than the average person has.
        He has a short fuse even around what are ostensibly allies if they are impudent enough to ask a question he doesn't like. Insulting their appearance and angrily challenging them to a push-up contest or wagging a finger in their face as he yells "I don't work for you!"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That was Stoic's interpretation. My interpretation was more like "step aside" - not resignation.

Typically when a VP strongly disagrees with his boss they make themselves scarce for awhile until they hope the issue has largely blown over and they won't get peppered with questions on it putting them in a uncomfortable position.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He has a short fuse even around what are ostensibly allies if they are impudent enough to ask a question he doesn't like. Insulting their appearance and angrily challenging them to a push-up contest or wagging a finger in their face as he yells "I don't work for you!"
            In all fairness, this is a good description of Trump as well. He may not challenge them to push ups, but he'll run off to Twitter and start calling his critics childish names.

But in the case of his mental fitness, at least Trump volunteered to be tested.

Comment

In all fairness, this is a good description of Trump as well. He may not challenge them to push ups, but he'll run off to Twitter and start calling his critics childish names.

But in the case of his mental fitness, at least Trump volunteered to be tested.
              One thing to consider is that Biden is a lifelong politician who should know better than to lash out like that.

Comment

He's comparing a single corrected typo from Trump with Biden's constant mumbling and bumbling.
                Corrected???

Your memory may be failing.

Comment

He said he decided that if he and Obama ever had a major disagreement, he would feign illness (or whatever excuse) and bow out, because Obama was in charge. And that he would expect Harris to do the same.
                  That's sure not what it sounded like. It sounded more like if he told Harris the same thing he told Obama, that if he and Harris ever fundamentally disagreed that he would fake an illness and resign. I didn't hear any expectations that Harris would resign.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Corrected???

Your memory may be failing.
                    Well, he quickly deleted the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's sure not what it sounded like. It sounded more like if he told Harris the same thing he told Obama, that if he and Harris ever fundamentally disagreed that he would fake an illness and resign. I didn't hear any expectations that Harris would resign.
                      I can't imagine Biden would resign and let Harris take over because of a fundamental disagreement. At least, he'd never admit to that.

Comment

I think Biden is a bragging blowhard and never would have resigned under obama. It's just a blowhard blowing his sweet liberal air so they can breath.

Step aside and shut up, sure.

He says whatever the liberal press wants to hear, and they fawn all over him.

Comment

I think Biden is a bragging blowhard and never would have resigned under obama. It's just a blowhard blowing his sweet liberal air so they can breath.

Step aside and shut up, sure.

He does have a Brian Williamsesque quality about him. Making up stuff like his involvement in the Civil Rights movement, claiming to have been jailed in South Africa while trying to visit Nelson Mandela when the latter was still in jail, claiming to be the first member of his family to go to college, and graduating near the top of his class, etc.

Comment

So true!

Comment

He does have a Brian Williamsesque quality about him. Making up stuff like his involvement in the Civil Rights movement, claiming to have been jailed in South Africa while trying to visit Nelson Mandela when the latter was still in jail, claiming to be the first member of his family to go to college, and graduating near the top of his class, etc.
                              Those are just innocent blunders of a stuttering old man!

I can see progressives in this country will always make excuses for their dear leaders. Not even feeling up little girls will dissuade them. Nor will a crackhead of a son flying around in our jet while receiving chinese billions is bad, it's just joey being joey.

​​​​​​Politics is just not politics anymore. Don't know what people want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha
                                ​​​​​​Politics is just not politics anymore. Don't know what people want to call it.
                                I want to call it "a perverse and wicked generation".

Of course, this is nothing new. Every generation has been perverse and wicked. And it goes far beyond politics.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment