Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

“We The People Convention” urges Trump declare Martial Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “We The People Convention” urges Trump declare Martial Law.

Flynn a traitor and his gang “We The People Convention” urges Trump declare Martial Law so the Army can hold a new election

Source: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/12/02/calls-for-martial-law-and-us-military-oversight-of-new-presidential-elections-draws-criticism/

Calls for martial law and US military oversight of new presidential election draws criticism

Howard Altman , Davis Winkie , Sarah Sicard , Meghann Myers , and Leo Shane III

Calling former Vice President Joe Biden’s Nov. 3 victory over Trump “fraudulent,” the Ohio-based “We The People Convention” took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times on Tuesday urging Trump to “immediately declare a limited form of Martial Law, and temporarily suspend the Constitution and civilian control of these federal elections, for the sole purpose of having the military oversee a re-vote.”

The organization called for the revote to include only registered voters with photo IDs, to be limited to only paper ballots, to be hand counted and with members of both Democrat and Republican parties observing.

“Unfortunately, we are at the point where we can only trust our military to do this because our corrupt political class and courts have proven their inability to act fairly and within the law,” the group argued.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment about the call for martial law. But during a press briefing Wednesday afternoon, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany referred to Flynn as “a valiant hero who served his country both on the battlefield and then in government” but did not reference his calls for military action in response to the election results.

“The president has said that he believes all legal votes to be counted and all illegal votes should not be counted, and the campaign is pursuing that litigation,” she said.

Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to FBI investigators about his interaction with Russian contacts during Trump’s 2016 transition to the White House, was recently pardoned by Trump.

The former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency from 2012 to 2014, and later briefly serving as Trump’s national security adviser, Flynn tweeted out We The People Convention’s press release Tuesday to his more than 1 million followers, with the message “Freedom never kneels except for God.”

The concept of the military being involved in such a revote, and that Flynn and other once-respected military officials, including retired Air Force three-star Thomas McInerney, would advocate martial law, raises alarms for constitutional scholars and military-civilian experts.

The idea is “preposterous,” said Bill Banks, a Syracuse University professor with expertise in constitutional and national security law.

“Apart from the fact that state and now federal investigators have found no evidence of election fraud that would change the election outcome, martial law has no place in the United States absent a complete breakdown of civil governing mechanisms,” he told Military Times.

Martial law, he added, “simply has the military in charge, subject only to military orders, not civilian law.”

It has not been invoked in the U.S. “since the attack on Pearl Harbor, and there is no likelihood or justification for martial law now,” said Banks. “Our civilian institutions have, in fact, revealed themselves to be resilient in responding to unprecedented partisan attacks on election administration and vote counting in state and local systems across the United States.”

That retired military leaders would push such measures would violate their oath to the Constitution, said Risa Brooks, civil-military relations expert and Allis Chalmers Associate Professor of political science at Marquette University.

“As general officers, these men spent long careers committed to defending the Constitution,” she told Military Times. “Calling for martial law and a suspension of the Constitution is a direct violation of their oath to uphold it.”
    How the president could invoke martial law

As we approach the 2020 election, some are concerned about martial law.

Sarah Sicard
    Flynn and McInerney “discredit their uniform,” said Jim Golby, a former Trump White House officialand retired Army strategist who is now a senior fellow at the University of Texas at Austin’s Clements Center for National Security.

The retired general officers “undermine our democracy, and create a real security threat,” Golby added.

Statements like these by such high-ranking former military officers have a dangerous effect on civilian-military relations, said Golby, who worked in the White House when Flynn was serving as NSA.

“Even though the overwhelming majority of retired general officers don’t spread nonsense like this, those who do spread these lies or support these undemocratic conspiracies draw attention to them and give some of the military’s credibility to theses dangerous causes,” he said.

“By speaking out on fringe media or retweeting this information, they are likely to influence some Americans and ensure that harmful messages like these get oxygen.”
    This retired three-star falsely claims US soldiers died attacking a CIA facility in Germany tied to election fraud

Despite retired Lt. Gen Thomas McInerney's claims, there weren't U.S. troops killed in a firefight with the CIA in Frankfurt.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-02-2020, 09:52 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Obviously this isn't going to go anywhere but even in fantasyland there's no way we'd complete the new election by January 20th when Pelosi would become president and undo this order.

Flynn is a virtually unparalleled traitor to his uniform.

Comment

Rosie O'Donnel made the same plea to Obama. I put as much faith that this will happen under Flynn's urging as I did Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        Rosie O'Donnel made the same plea to Obama. I put as much faith that this will happen under Flynn's urging as I did Hers.
        Rosie O'Donnel a Comedian? So what?!?!? What a sad silly joke! Those involved in the “We The People Convention” are not comedians unfortunately neither is Trump. You cannot accuse Obama of anything close to what Donald Trump's flaming speech advocates.

Trump in his latest speech supports the treasonous goals of Flynn and the WPTC with a hate filled speech that continues to encourage violence in opposition to the election results.

Source: https://abc7ny.com/trump-speech-today-2020-election-donald-46-minute-video/8448575/

President Trump posts 46-minute speech on election despite no evidence of voter fraud

WASHINGTON (WABC) -- President Donald Trump posted a 46-minute video of what appears to be him delivering a speech about the election in which he repeats falsehood after falsehood.

Trump recycled a lot of the same false claims that he and his lawyers and allies have been talking and tweeting about over the past month -- and used at least one poster board of a chart to demonstrate his points.

The video is the latest factually challenged tirade from President Trump. He said he has no higher duty than to defend the constitution, claiming our nation's election system is now a coordinated assault."

It comes a day after Attorney General Bill Barr told the Associated Press that "to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election."

Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-03-2020, 08:00 AM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Source: https://abc7ny.com/trump-speech-today-2020-election-donald-46-minute-video/8448575/

President Trump posts 46-minute speech on election despite no evidence of voter fraud

Fake news. There is a preponderance of evidence pointing to fraud including hundreds of sworn affidavits, witness testimony, forensic analysis revealing literally impossible statistical "irregularities", video footage of Democrat counters engaging in suspicious activity, etc. I'm not surprised you're not aware of this because the mainstream media has made a concerted effort to keep low-information individuals like you in the dark. Case in point, CNN was recently busted for holding daily conference calls where they discussed strategies for keeping their viewers uninformed and misinformed about the election.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Fake news. There is a preponderance of evidence pointing to fraud including hundreds of sworn affidavits, witness testimony, forensic analysis revealing literally impossible statistical "irregularities", video footage of Democrat counters engaging in suspicious activity, etc. I'm not surprised you're not aware of this because the mainstream media has made a concerted effort to keep low-information individuals like you in the dark. Case in point, CNN was recently busted for holding daily conference calls where they discussed strategies for keeping their viewers uninformed and misinformed about the election.
            No actual reliable news that reflects all the court cases involving fraud thrown out from the courts by both Republican and Democrats including Federal judges appointed by Trump for lack of 'merit and evidence. " Barr agrees there is no evidence of wide spread fraud that effected the election results.

Why has this evidence been presented to the courts? No preponderance of evidence exists. .

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
              Obama has integrity, Trump does not. There is no precident wrt Trump, so there is no means of predicting his response.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, there isn't. There are only rumors and false claims. The courts have resoundingly rebuffed ALL claims made to this point. How do you suppose that can be reality across all the states and republican judges and civil servants involved?

bottom line: They are being rejected because they have no merit.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No actual reliable news that reflects all the court cases involving fraud thrown out from the courts by both Republican and Democrats including Federal judges appointed by Trump for lack of 'merit and evidence. " Barr agrees there is no evidence of wide spread fraud that effected the election results.

Why has this evidence been presented to the courts? No preponderance of evidence exists. .
                  There have been a number of lawsuits filed by parties unrelated to the White House. The President's legal team is currently on the road to having their cases heard by the US Supreme Court, so hang tight. It'll be tough for the liars in the mainstream media to ignore the evidence then.

As for Barr's pronouncement, you might want to read it again. He said there was no evidence of widespread criminal activity that would fall under the purview of the Department of Justice, but he said that doesn't mean there are no grounds for civil suits, which is what the President's legal team is pursuing and which Barr said is the correct venue for the cases in question. He said a lot of people think the DOJ is a catchall for any and every investigative activity, which is an incorrect perception, and there are many other avenues for pursuing justice.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Obama has integrity...

Comment

Yeah, your delusional allegiance to Trump notwithstanding, when compared to Trump, O bama is indeed a man of integrity. From what I can tell, he is actually a man of integrity wrt to almost all political peers as well.

That doesn't mean I agree with all or even most of what his policies were. Unlike What you and other Trumpians believe, integrity and policy are actually orthogonal elements in any politician.

Comment

O bama is indeed a man of integrity.

Comment

Reality, unfortunately, is not your friend.

Comment

Reality, unfortunately, is not your friend.
                            Says the delusional liberal who believes that Obama was a man of integrity.

Comment

Says the delusional liberal who believes that Obama was a man of integrity.
                              Says the man that supports the most successful con man in history.

Comment