Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are liberals trying to cheat in the upcoming Georgia Senate Run-offs>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

The words of a devoted follower of QAnon and the and the conspiracy gang “We The People Convention”
    I'm honestly not familiar with either of those organizations.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm honestly not familiar with either of those organizations.
      Deliberate misinformed ignorance does not help your case especially when Trump believes in and supports their cause, because 'they like me.'.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Deliberate misinformed ignorance does not help your case especially when Trump believes in and supports their cause, because 'they like me.'.
        Sure, kiddo, whatever you say.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

This seems to warrant sanctions if not disbarment.
          Only if he follows through with such actions. If he's merely stating it, what he's doing is legal, and you don't think people should be punished for that, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sure, kiddo, whatever you say.
            It is simply a fact that you refuse to investigate and understand QAnon and the We the People Convention involving prominent Republicans including Flynn, going for Shultz, "I know nothing," like Trump.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

It is simply a fact that you refuse to investigate and understand QAnon and the We the People Convention involving prominent Republicans including Flynn, going for Shultz, "I know nothing," like Trump.
              Obama had the same "I know Nothing" approach, he just used the phrase, "I found out on the news like you did".

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Obama had the same "I know Nothing" approach, he just used the phrase, "I found out on the news like you did".
                Not a coherent answer.

Frank

Comment

Not a coherent answer.
                  That's your problem. I've come to not expect honest discussion with you Shuny.

Comment

Both are amateurs compared to the Clinton's.

Source: President’s Memory Lapses Raise Eyebrows in Capital

On 110 occasions during more than four hours of grilling by prosecutors representing independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr, the president responded with statements such as "I don’t necessarily remember," "I have no recollection" and "I don’t have an independent memory."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Source: Hillary Clinton channels Nixon

Thirty-nine times by CNN's count, Hillary Clinton invoked Nixon's advice in her response to questions from FBI investigators. No wonder. The things she might recall could be contradictory to statements she has made in the past.

The Weekly Standard has chronicled a few of them in an editorial titled "Absolute, Categorical Lies." They are too numerous to list here, but worth reading.

Source

The reference to "Nixon's advice" is what he said to John Dean while discussing what Dean should say during testimony before a grand jury looking into Watergate: "But you can say I don't remember. You can say I don't recall..."

Of course when Vice President Dick Cheney’s senior aide, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, tried unsuccessfully to use frail memory in his 2006 trial as part of his defense in the investigation of who leaked Valerie Plame Wilson’s name to reporters but he was still convicted of making false statements to federal investigators and was sentenced to serve 30 months in prison. Libby was often accused of being the leak but it turned out the leaker was State Department official Richard Armitage, making it unlikely Libby knew anything.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's your problem. I've come to not expect honest discussion with you Shuny.
                      Like wise your Trumpish agenda clouds everything you post.

We are talking about the here and now I can cite you and others here that simply refuse to understand QAnon and ;We The People Convention,' which are supported widely bu prominant Republicans, as Trump claims 'They like me,' and plead "I know nothing."

You cannot make a parallel claim for Obama, but just an assertion out of thin air.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-04-2020, 05:14 PM.

Frank

Comment

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/heidi-stirrup-trump-doj-plant-pressured-evidence-election-fraud-report-2020-12

Trump's plant in the DOJ was barred from the building after she harassed staff for evidence of election fraud, report says

The White House's plant in the Justice Department was blacklisted after she pressured staff to hand over evidence of election fraud, The Associated Press reported on Thursday, citing three people familiar with the matter.

Heidi Stirrup, a key ally of Stephen Miller, President Donald Trump's senior policy advisor, was appointed as the White House liaison at the department this fall.

Stirrup was told to leave the Justice Department building sometime in the past two weeks after officials "learned of her efforts to collect insider information about ongoing cases and the department's work on election fraud," the AP reported, citing the three people.

Stirrup is said to have engaged in other misconduct at the Justice Department, including offering allies top department jobs without White House approval.

The Justice Department and the White House did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

The Justice Department has largely been silent about Trump's baseless claims that the US election was fraudulent. There is no evidence to suggest there was widespread voter fraud, and Attorney General Bill Barr said on Tuesday that neither the Justice Department nor the FBI had found evidence to validate the president's claims.

Trump and his allies have filed at least 32 lawsuits challenging the election results and have so far won none of them.President Donald Trump. AP Photo/Evan Vucci
                        Stirrup was one of several Trump aides planted in various government agencies in September by Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, and John McEntee, the head of personne
                        l,

Another was Joshua Whitehouse, who was moved from the Department of Homeland Security to the Defense Department, Foreign Policy reported.

Last week, Whitehouse sent a directive removing 11 of the 13 members on the department's Defense Policy Board. Officials told Foreign Policy that the purge was intended to free up room for new appointees loyal to Trump.

In June, the White House positioned two political operatives at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep tabs on its director, Robert Redfield.

It's time for updated regulations to set clear standards for privacy, elections and data portability. Read more.

Stirrup is still technically employed by the Justice Department, the AP said, but Trump on Thursday nominated her for a role on the US Air Force Academy's board of visitors.

Before being sent to the Justice Department, Stirrup was the acting director of the Office of Refugee Resettlement and a deputy White House liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Frank

Comment