Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are liberals trying to cheat in the upcoming Georgia Senate Run-offs>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Are liberals trying to cheat in the upcoming Georgia Senate Run-offs
    Whether they are or note, if they win, you can be sure that Trump will claim they did.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sorry, China Joe already owns that title, but I'm sure Democrats would still welcome your vote and add it to the pile of millions of other fraudulent ballots.
    Trumpco will have to cool it now, in case the nutters wake up to the fact that he’s scamming the nutters, and they turn their nutter rage on him.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

No power, no water, no septic, not even culverts across the ditch, but I've got an address!
    No phones, no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury
    Like Robinson Crusoe, it's primitive as can be

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    A non-existent person casts a non-existent vote.
    No power, no water, no septic, not even culverts across the ditch, but I've got an address! And we'll be up there for a few days week after next, with meetings scheduled with Georgia Power and Wayne County to get the first and last taken care of — I'm doing two 32 foot culvert crossings, one at each end of the roadfront —and bringing in "a guy I know" with a D-cat to do some basic clearing and be ready to gravel out some pig trails side to side. Can't abide just one exit leaving a washout to strand me across the ditch.

The money spigot is flowing!

Should be some kind of inhabitable mid-January, I figure.

No, I'm not moving my registration up there for this one.

Well, unless ...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

I’m voting for you to be Nutter in Chief.
    Sorry, China Joe already owns that title, but I'm sure Democrats would still welcome your vote and add it to the pile of millions of other fraudulent ballots.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

This madness is starting to go off-world, but at least we see revealed in their full glory, the nuttiest of the ultimate nutters.
    What do you say about that group encouraging students to commit a felony?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Amusingly enough, as of last week, my property in Georgia has an actual, official residential address, making me eligible to vote. I'm in business now.

Please send all bribe offers and death threats to my PMs for consideration.
    A non-existent person casts a non-existent vote.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course they're trying to cheat. It's what Democrats do.

This madness is starting to go off-world, but at least we see revealed in their full glory, the nuttiest of the ultimate nutters.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Amusingly enough, as of last week, my property in Georgia has an actual, official residential address, making me eligible to vote. I'm in business now.

Please send all bribe offers and death threats to my PMs for consideration.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-attorney-under-investigation-moving-to-georgia-to-vote

Florida attorney under investigation after saying he is moving to Georgia to vote

'I'm changing my voter registration right now,' attorney Bill Price said

Georgia officials tell Fox News they are investigating a Florida attorney for attempting to vote illegally in the state's Jan. 5 Senate runoff, after a video emerged of him stating his intent to move to Georgia temporarily and encouraging others to use his relative’s address to do the same.

In a speech on Nov. 7 to the Bay County Florida Republican Party, Florida attorney Bill Price announced he was “moving” to Georgia to vote for Republican Senate candidates in order in to help Republicans keep the Senate majority.

“If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela,” he told the crowd inside the county headquarters in a video posted to their Facebook page, “and I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia.”

“I’m changing my voter registration right now, and I’m inviting two million people to be my roommate.”

Moving to Georgia temporarily only to vote is a crime in the state, according to Georgia’s office of Secretary of State.

“Registering without the intention of permanent residency is a felony,” the office said in a statement to Fox News from spokesman Walter Jones. “Only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia.”

“Secretary Raffensperger has made it clear he has no tolerance for election wrongdoing and will investigate any credible evidence of it,” the statement said.

“It’s only for a couple months,” Price is heard saying on the video as he encourages the crowd to join him. “We’ll have buses leaving right out here, going to Atlanta the day before Jan. 5 and I might need you guys to help me move back to Florida on Jan. 6.”

In a phone conversation, Price admitted to Fox News that he had filled out the registration online but said he was doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally.

“I wanted to see how easy it was to do it,” he said. “I’m not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking.”

Still, in the video, Price is heard encouraging attendees to use the address of his brother who lives in Georgia in order to register to vote there.

“We have to start fighting back and we have to do whatever it takes,” he says in the footage. “And if that means changing your your address for the next two months, so be it.”

“We’ll make room for you at the dinner table,” he said before stating his brother’s address several times.

© Copyright Original Source

This seems to warrant sanctions if not disbarment.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-attorney-under-investigation-moving-to-georgia-to-vote

Florida attorney under investigation after saying he is moving to Georgia to vote

'I'm changing my voter registration right now,' attorney Bill Price said

Georgia officials tell Fox News they are investigating a Florida attorney for attempting to vote illegally in the state's Jan. 5 Senate runoff, after a video emerged of him stating his intent to move to Georgia temporarily and encouraging others to use his relative’s address to do the same.

In a speech on Nov. 7 to the Bay County Florida Republican Party, Florida attorney Bill Price announced he was “moving” to Georgia to vote for Republican Senate candidates in order in to help Republicans keep the Senate majority.

“If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela,” he told the crowd inside the county headquarters in a video posted to their Facebook page, “and I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia.”

“I’m changing my voter registration right now, and I’m inviting two million people to be my roommate.”

Moving to Georgia temporarily only to vote is a crime in the state, according to Georgia’s office of Secretary of State.

“Registering without the intention of permanent residency is a felony,” the office said in a statement to Fox News from spokesman Walter Jones. “Only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia.”

“Secretary Raffensperger has made it clear he has no tolerance for election wrongdoing and will investigate any credible evidence of it,” the statement said.

“It’s only for a couple months,” Price is heard saying on the video as he encourages the crowd to join him. “We’ll have buses leaving right out here, going to Atlanta the day before Jan. 5 and I might need you guys to help me move back to Florida on Jan. 6.”

In a phone conversation, Price admitted to Fox News that he had filled out the registration online but said he was doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally.

“I wanted to see how easy it was to do it,” he said. “I’m not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking.”

Still, in the video, Price is heard encouraging attendees to use the address of his brother who lives in Georgia in order to register to vote there.

“We have to start fighting back and we have to do whatever it takes,” he says in the footage. “And if that means changing your your address for the next two months, so be it.”

“We’ll make room for you at the dinner table,” he said before stating his brother’s address several times.

Leave a comment:

• Bald Ape
    replied

The past election results have nothing to do with attempting to break rules on the NEXT election.
    Based on the grammar/phrasing of that sentence, I interpreted the specific comment about 250 open cases as referring to the presidential election (unlike the other allegations in the article which, of course, did refer to the upcoming elections).

Indeed, I searched and found other references to this same statement. It was regarding the presidential election.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-secretary-of-state-raffensperger-investigating-250-cases-connected-to-election

Georgia official announces investigations, defends election

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Monday said his office is investigating more than 250 claims of voting irregularities connected with the November election.

EDITTED TO ADD: .... bringing me back to my original suspicion, that what we have here are 23 public officials looking into 250 Bigfoot sightings. Likely some of the same sludge Barr just finished sifting through, concluding there was nothing there.
    Last edited by Bald Ape; 12-01-2020, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied

Like most liberal arguments I've seen, when you are attacking republicans, you condemn based on morals. On the other hand, when you are defending liberals bad behavior, you focus on legality. A group is encouraging students to commit felonies. I.E. "Words have Meanings" regardless of whether it is "legal or not", but suddenly, it's about the "letter of the law" and not whether it's good or bad.
    When have I done that?

And the OP is about potential criminal investigations so of course I'm going to comment on the letter of the law.
    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 12-01-2020, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

No, please explain what you meant by quoting me. I want to understand how that's a response to what I said.
    Like most liberal arguments I've seen, when you are attacking republicans, you condemn based on morals. On the other hand, when you are defending liberals bad behavior, you focus on legality. A group is encouraging students to commit felonies. I.E. "Words have Meanings" regardless of whether it is "legal or not", but suddenly, it's about the "letter of the law" and not whether it's good or bad.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    I'm sure you are lost.
    No, please explain what you meant by quoting me. I want to understand how that's a response to what I said.

Leave a comment: