Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden slips and fractures his foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden slips and fractures his foot

I figured it happened while he was trying to pull it out of his mouth but...

Source: Biden fractures foot while playing with dog, to wear a boot

President-elect Joe Biden fractured his right foot while playing with one of his dogs, an injury discovered in a scan Sunday and that will likely require him to wear a boot for several weeks, his doctor said.

Biden suffered the injury on Saturday and visited an orthopedist in Newark, Delaware, on Sunday afternoon, his office said.

“Initial x-rays did not show any obvious fracture,” but medical staff ordered a more detailed CT scan, his doctor, Kevin O’Connor, said in a statement. The subsequent scan found tiny fractures of two small bones in the middle of his right foot, O’Connor said.

“It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks,” O’Connor said.

Fractures are a concern generally as people age, but Biden’s appears to be a relatively mild one based on his doctor’s statement and the planned treatment. At 78 he will be the oldest president when he’s inaugurated in January; he often dismissed questions about his age during the campaign.

Reporters covering the president-elect were not afforded the opportunity to see Biden enter the doctor’s office Sunday, despite multiple requests. Leaving the doctor’s office to head to an imaging center for his CT scan, Biden was visibly limping, though he walked without a crutch or other aid.

Biden sustained the injury playing with Major, one of the Bidens’ two dogs. They adopted Major in 2018, and acquired their first dog, Champ, after the 2008 election. The Bidens have said they’ll be bringing their dogs to the White House and also plan to get a cat.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Here's hoping it gets better soon. I had a foot fracture like that. Aches like the dickens.

Comment

Floors are slippery in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        Here's hoping it gets better soon. I had a foot fracture like that. Aches like the dickens.

Never had a broken bone that didn't.
        • neck
        • collar bone
        • shoulder (actually separation)
        • 2 ribs in 2 places
        • wrist (supposedly a permanent break but quite literally healed over night after a decade)
        • leg (hurt the worst)
        • numerous fingers and toes

All at different times, and none of them give me any trouble. Where I have arthritis is where I've never been hurt.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

foot.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

President-elect Joe Biden fractured his right foot while playing with one of his dogs, an injury discovered in a scan Sunday and that will likely require him to wear a boot for several weeks, his doctor said.

Biden suffered the injury on Saturday and visited an orthopedist in Newark, Delaware, on Sunday afternoon, his office said.

“Initial x-rays did not show any obvious fracture,” but medical staff ordered a more detailed CT scan, his doctor, Kevin O’Connor, said in a statement. The subsequent scan found tiny fractures of two small bones in the middle of his right foot, O’Connor said.

“It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks,” O’Connor said.

Fractures are a concern generally as people age, but Biden’s appears to be a relatively mild one based on his doctor’s statement and the planned treatment. At 78 he will be the oldest president when he’s inaugurated in January; he often dismissed questions about his age during the campaign.

Reporters covering the president-elect were not afforded the opportunity to see Biden enter the doctor’s office Sunday, despite multiple requests. Leaving the doctor’s office to head to an imaging center for his CT scan, Biden was visibly limping, though he walked without a crutch or other aid.

Biden sustained the injury playing with Major, one of the Bidens’ two dogs. They adopted Major in 2018, and acquired their first dog, Champ, after the 2008 election. The Bidens have said they’ll be bringing their dogs to the White House and also plan to get a cat.

Source

. . . and Lynden Johnson pulled on the ears of his dog.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

. . . and Lynden Johnson pulled on the ears of his dog.
              Thank you for the oh so irrelevant remark

Comment

Source

And OMB was rushed to Walter Reed which has never been explained. Though it would be impossible for Biden to hide this since he has to wear a boot for a few weeks.

Comment

Source

It's good that the docs ordered further testing. MelMak was in a car accident a few years ago and the airbag didn't deploy. His chest hit the steering wheel. The emerg doc did xrays but saw nothing. It wasn't until a few days later that he saw our family doc, who ordered a CT, which, surprisingly, took place fairly quickly, for Canada. MM had a fractured sternum that didn't show on the xray. Some stuff needs further action.

I hope Biden's foot heals well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you for the oh so irrelevant remark
                    Reflected sarcastically the nasty vein of the posts concerning an irrelevant minor incident.
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

At 78 he will be the oldest president when if he's inaugurated in January...

Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Reflected sarcastically the nasty vein of the posts concerning an irrelevant minor incident.
                        There has been nastiness afoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

There has been nastiness afoot?
                          Yes

Frank

Comment

Yes
                            You're right. I was unforgivably particularly nasty.

Almost to the point of being your equal when you post about President Trump.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Did he break it pulling it out of his mouth our pulling his head out of his nether regions?

Comment