Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fun Fact:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I don't watch MSNBC so why don't you give me the Cliff's Notes.
    2016, after Trump won the election, He tweeted the above. Him and Michael Moore dreamt about using the electoral college to stop Trump.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I agree with you that it isn't fair to change the rules after the fact, and is why I don't think electors should be reassigned. If there was indeed massive fraud or constitutional departures, then a special election should be held.
    Yes. If massive fraud occurred then I guess rerunning an election is the only option. I guess you could even do that with the presidency as long as the Speaker would be an acceptable interim leader. What a mess.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Someone should tell that to Chris Hayes from MSNBC.
    I don't watch MSNBC so why don't you give me the Cliff's Notes.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

They are free to change the rules how they want to before the election occurs. At this point it's just more (not legally) treason.
    Someone should tell that to Chris Hayes from MSNBC.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

They are free to change the rules how they want to before the election occurs. At this point it's just more (not legally) treason.
    I agree with you that it isn't fair to change the rules after the fact, and is why I don't think electors should be reassigned. If there was indeed massive fraud or constitutional departures, then a special election should be held.

Leave a comment:

• LiconaFan97
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    If Mastriano is successful, PA will reassign electors based on legislative authority.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    States decide how to apportion their electors. They could give them all to, say, whichever candidate won majority of counties!
    Explaining why Maine and Nebraska have decided to split their electors while in the other 48 it's winner-take-all

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    If Mastriano is successful, PA will reassign electors based on legislative authority.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    started a topic Fun Fact:

Fun Fact:

States decide how to apportion their electors. They could give them all to, say, whichever candidate won majority of counties!