Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fun Fact:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fact:

States decide how to apportion their electors. They could give them all to, say, whichever candidate won majority of counties!

If Mastriano is successful, PA will reassign electors based on legislative authority.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      States decide how to apportion their electors. They could give them all to, say, whichever candidate won majority of counties!
      Explaining why Maine and Nebraska have decided to split their electors while in the other 48 it's winner-take-all

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        If Mastriano is successful, PA will reassign electors based on legislative authority.
        They are free to change the rules how they want to before the election occurs. At this point it's just more (not legally) treason.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

They are free to change the rules how they want to before the election occurs. At this point it's just more (not legally) treason.
          I agree with you that it isn't fair to change the rules after the fact, and is why I don't think electors should be reassigned. If there was indeed massive fraud or constitutional departures, then a special election should be held.

Comment

Someone should tell that to Chris Hayes from MSNBC.

Comment

Someone should tell that to Chris Hayes from MSNBC.
              I don't watch MSNBC so why don't you give me the Cliff's Notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I agree with you that it isn't fair to change the rules after the fact, and is why I don't think electors should be reassigned. If there was indeed massive fraud or constitutional departures, then a special election should be held.
                Yes. If massive fraud occurred then I guess rerunning an election is the only option. I guess you could even do that with the presidency as long as the Speaker would be an acceptable interim leader. What a mess.

Comment

I don't watch MSNBC so why don't you give me the Cliff's Notes.
                  2016, after Trump won the election, He tweeted the above. Him and Michael Moore dreamt about using the electoral college to stop Trump.

Comment

2016, after Trump won the election, He tweeted the above. Him and Michael Moore dreamt about using the electoral college to stop Trump.
                    Hardly the only ones. Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) called on the Electoral College to deny Trump the presidency and here is a video of celebutards pleading with electors to give the election to Clinton, or anyone other than Trump in 2016.

Ironically with all of the asking for the electors to be "faithless" (IIRC, that's the technical term) and not vote for Trump, Hillary Clinton, lost five of her pledged electors while Trump only lost two. This became the largest numbers of electors to defect, surpassing the six who defected from Madison back in 1803.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Hardly the only ones. Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) called on the Electoral College to deny Trump the presidency and here is a video of celebutards pleading with electors to give the election to Clinton, or anyone other than Trump in 2016.

Ironically with all of the asking for the electors to be "faithless" (IIRC, that's the technical term) and not vote for Trump, Hillary Clinton, lost five of her pledged electors while Trump only lost two. This became the largest numbers of electors to defect, surpassing the six who defected from Madison back in 1803.
                      Yeah, they thought that if they defected, the could convince gop electors to defect, throwing it into the house.

Comment

Gawd, I hate Hollywood.

Comment

Need the details of your claim . . . At present all the states Trump has asked to finagle this sort fraudulent behavior to manipulate the election have refused.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-28-2020, 08:58 PM.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Edited: Ok, I didn't realize the OP was CH's tweet verbatim. Yeah, he certainly shouldn't have said that and I wouldn't have supported states arbitrarily overruling the voters. I thought you were referencing the general argument for faithless electors.
                            Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-28-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Explaining why Maine and Nebraska have decided to split their electors while in the other 48 it's winner-take-all
                              It was their option of the states to do this. Not bad, but they do not change from election to election to force a dishonest result as Trump proposes..
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-28-2020, 09:20 PM.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment