Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Article for the Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

That has not been determined by the courts.

ACLU did not do that. They just 'expressed concern.'.

The questions remain: Politically the Republicans opposed, which makes this thread total hypocrisy concerning legal funding of both political parties. Why did the thread single out only Democrates?

What have the Republicans offered to make funding of both the election more ethical and equal?
    They opposed the act....That seems a bit more than "expressing concern."

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

A strong central government is very efficient at pushing it's will on the people, you are correct at that. That's the reason such a thing is very popular among tyrants. Dictators with unbridled power are great when they are benevolent dictators, anything they want to do for the people they can do, and nobody can hamper those efforts. But, checks and balances (i.e. inefficency) aren't put in place to stop benevolent dictators, its to stop the ones that aren't so nice.
      One of the biggest problems with "benevolent dictators" is that you set up a system that supports tyranny and the next person in control might be far, far less benevolent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why did the thread single out only Democrates?
        Keep this complaint in mind the next time you start yet another thread singling out Republicans or Trump for behavior that is common on both sides.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They opposed the act....That seems a bit more than "expressing concern."
          IT remains it was not tested in the court system, and my other statements stand concerning the need of election funding reform who has supported and who has NOT!
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Keep this complaint in mind the next time you start yet another thread singling out Republicans or Trump for behavior that is common on both sides.
            Not the subject of the thread. Deal with the issues of this thread. It is a legal practice of funding by both parties. Again why single out the Democrats.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Not the subject of the thread. Deal with the issues of this thread. It is a legal practice of funding by both parties. Again why single out the Democrats.
              Must have struck a nerve

And this is not your thread so please stop trying to be a net nanny.

Comment

IT remains it was not tested in the court system, and my other statements stand concerning the need of election funding reform who has supported and who has NOT!
                Well then, if that's your standard, Citizens United was tested in the court system, and it was found that campaign contributions by corporations DID limit speech.

Comment

Well then, if that's your standard, Citizens United was tested in the court system, and it was found that campaign contributions by corporations DID limit speech.
                  I do not believe you are responding to my posts.

Still waiting . . .

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Must have struck a nerve

And this is not your thread so please stop trying to be a net nanny.
                    Still not responding to my posts, and changing the subject when you have nothing to add.

The usual demented name calling gets you nowhere.

Frank

Comment

I do not believe you are responding to my posts.

Still waiting . . .
                      Oh I am Shuny. You are complaining that Republicans opposed a bill that even the ACLU opposed due to it's free speech issues. That's like saying that democrats oppose a violence against women bill because they voted against the bill when it contained provisions for convicting people without a fair trial. Or more accurately, that democrats oppose election protection because they vote against Voter ID laws.

Comment

Oh I am Shuny. You are complaining that Republicans opposed a bill that even the ACLU opposed due to it's free speech issues. That's like saying that democrats oppose a violence against women bill because they voted against the bill when it contained provisions for convicting people without a fair trial. Or more accurately, that democrats oppose election protection because they vote against Voter ID laws.
                        Still dodging the bullet and changing the subject. All I am asking to consider the history of campaign funding both parties should be considered equally and the facts.

The thread singled out Democrats concerning what both parties do legally concerning campaign funding. The Democrats have proposed legislation to resolve it and the Republicans unanimously opposed it without presenting an alternative.

The ACLU is not the last word on what pasts the test of the Constitution. The courts decide that.

Frank

Comment

Still dodging the bullet and changing the subject. All I am asking to consider the history of campaign funding both parties should be considered equally and the facts.

The thread singled out Democrats concerning what both parties do legally concerning campaign funding. The Democrats have proposed legislation to resolve it and the Republicans unanimously opposed it without presenting an alternative.

The ACLU is not the last word on what pasts the test of the Constitution. The courts decide that.
                          Or you don't pass a bill when there's problems. We can use your logic. Let's pass a national Voter ID act THEN let SCOTUS decide if it's constitutional?

Comment

Or you don't pass a bill when there's problems. We can use your logic. Let's pass a national Voter ID act THEN let SCOTUS decide if it's constitutional?
                            Address the topic of the thread and answer the questions, and stop playing dodge ball..

Start a thread on voter ID and I will respond there.

Frank

Comment

Address the topic of the thread ...
                              Beijing Biden got millions of dark money from China. The Manchurian Candidate is now the president elect.

Comment

Oh I am Shuny.
                                No you are not!

You are complaining that Republicans opposed a bill that even the ACLU opposed due to it's free speech issues. That's like saying that democrats oppose a violence against women bill because they voted against the bill when it contained provisions for convicting people without a fair trial. Or more accurately, that democrats oppose election protection because they vote against Voter ID laws.
                                No I am complaining that the thread is not treating the issue of campaign funding equally concerning Republicans and Democrats.

As far as the view of ACLU I simply said the final call is the courts and not the ACLU.

Frank

Comment