Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A fool and his money are soon parted. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fool and his money are soon parted. . .

Promises, promises! A Trump supporter get's self scammed by a Pro-Trump group.

Source: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/527680-donor-sues-pro-trump-group-over-failure-to-prove-voter-fraud

Donor sues pro-Trump group over failure to prove voter fraud: 'Empty promises'

BY JORDAN WILLIAMS

A donor has sued a pro-Trump group for $2.5 million over “empty promises” after he says it failed to prove voter fraud in the presidential election.

Fred Eshelman sued Houston-based True the Vote Inc., which promised to “investigate, litigate and expose suspected illegal balloting ad fraud in the 2020 general election,” Bloomberg reported.

Eshelman, founder of Eshelman Ventures LLC, claimed that he “regularly and repeatedly” asked for updates on the initiative but was met with “vague responses, platitudes, and empty promises.”

True the Vote said its efforts included filing lawsuits in several swing states, collecting whistleblower complaints, increasing GOP legislative support in key states and conducting “sophisticated data modeling and statistical analysis to identify potential illegal or fraudulent balloting,” according to the suit in Houston federal court.

Eshelman decided to wire True the Vote $2 million on Nov. 5 and another $500,000 a week later after the group’s president said more money would be needed to achieve their goals, according to the suit. He asked for his money to be returned after the group failed to provide reports on its progress, saying it became obvious the group would not be able to execute its plan.

Eshelman said in the complaint that True the Vote offered him $1 million if he wouldn’t sue them, Bloomberg notes.

True the Vote filed four lawsuits in the weeks after the election, Bloomberg notes, but it dropped all of them last week. The suits were filed in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, all states that President-elect Joe Biden won.
    True the Vote did not respond to Bloomberg’s request for comment.

President Trump and his allies have repeatedly alleged baseless claims of widespread voter fraud in the election, and his reelection campaign has mounted legal challenges in a handful of key battleground states seeking to challenge or overturn the results.

The campaign’s legal efforts have thus far been unsuccessful, and no evidence has emerged of any widespread issues that would have influenced the outcome of the election.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Promises, promises! A Trump supporter get's self scammed by a Pro-Trump group.

Source: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/527680-donor-sues-pro-trump-group-over-failure-to-prove-voter-fraud

Donor sues pro-Trump group over failure to prove voter fraud: 'Empty promises'

BY JORDAN WILLIAMS

A donor has sued a pro-Trump group for $2.5 million over “empty promises” after he says it failed to prove voter fraud in the presidential election.

Fred Eshelman sued Houston-based True the Vote Inc., which promised to “investigate, litigate and expose suspected illegal balloting ad fraud in the 2020 general election,” Bloomberg reported.

Eshelman, founder of Eshelman Ventures LLC, claimed that he “regularly and repeatedly” asked for updates on the initiative but was met with “vague responses, platitudes, and empty promises.”

True the Vote said its efforts included filing lawsuits in several swing states, collecting whistleblower complaints, increasing GOP legislative support in key states and conducting “sophisticated data modeling and statistical analysis to identify potential illegal or fraudulent balloting,” according to the suit in Houston federal court.

Eshelman decided to wire True the Vote $2 million on Nov. 5 and another $500,000 a week later after the group’s president said more money would be needed to achieve their goals, according to the suit. He asked for his money to be returned after the group failed to provide reports on its progress, saying it became obvious the group would not be able to execute its plan.

Eshelman said in the complaint that True the Vote offered him $1 million if he wouldn’t sue them, Bloomberg notes.

True the Vote filed four lawsuits in the weeks after the election, Bloomberg notes, but it dropped all of them last week. The suits were filed in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, all states that President-elect Joe Biden won.
      True the Vote did not respond to Bloomberg’s request for comment.

President Trump and his allies have repeatedly alleged baseless claims of widespread voter fraud in the election, and his reelection campaign has mounted legal challenges in a handful of key battleground states seeking to challenge or overturn the results.

The campaign’s legal efforts have thus far been unsuccessful, and no evidence has emerged of any widespread issues that would have influenced the outcome of the election.

© Copyright Original Source

Reminds me of how much money was payed to Story Daniels and Michael Avenattii over the hopes that it would end Trump. Or Jill Stein to pay for recounts over hopes that it would end Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Reminds me of how much money was payed to Story Daniels and Michael Avenattii over the hopes that it would end Trump. Or Jill Stein to pay for recounts over hopes that it would end Trump.
        Trump spent more money on Stacey Daniels and his other girls than any of the above.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The Trumpshow is a scam at this point. Anyone still onboard deserves to be stung.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The title of the thread: It is like people and whole countries who foolishly invest/waste (time and money) in climate change projects in the belief that they can somehow alter the devastating natural disasters.

Comment

The title of the thread: It is like people and whole countries who foolishly invest/waste (time and money) in climate change projects in the belief that they can somehow alter the course of the devastating natural disasters.

​​​​​​​Edited.

Comment

Apparently, donations to the "recount fund" which are less than $8,333 are divided up as follows:

60% - into Trump's pocket
                40% - to the Republican National Committee

A donation has to be in excess of $8,333 for any portion of it to be used for recounts or lawsuits challenging the vote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...raising-436188
                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment