Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Theologyweb Civics Information~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theologyweb Civics Information~

I would like to thank Theologyweb and especially the contributors to the Civics category.

At the beginning of the pandemic when we in SA entered into a 6 week long hard lockdown, I thought that we were all basically going to suffer and die and make the 55 million odd fatalities of the Spanish Flu look like a side show. I prepared to meet my Maker and to be the most courageous I could be in the interim.

My terror lasted about a month before I began being exposed to other and better information and not just the mainstream media visuals of over-crowded hospitals with naked people lying on their stomachs attached to ventilators and bodies piling up all over the place, eek!

I read Mikewhitney's thread, "The numbers don't add up" and for the first time was able to find a good amount of relief from the terror which gripped me during the night where I couldn't sleep for worrying about my loved ones and wondering who would look after my cat should I become incapacitated!

So Thank you Theologyweb, Mikewhitney, Mountainman, Sparko, CowPoke, SeanD, Ronson, Norrinrad, Maranatha and all the contributors to the civics topic. Both good and bad, ha ha you know who you are!

I have learnt so much! I didn't even know what "MSM" stood for or what it was before coming here. Must say that I independently found CNN and their smug outraged virtue signalling anti-Trump anchors and reporters unbearable in the extreme. Ghastly creatures all.

It's so great to have you here, Esther! We appreciate your input, as well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
      I would like to thank Theologyweb and especially the contributors to the Civics category.

At the beginning of the pandemic when we in SA entered into a 6 week long hard lockdown, I thought that we were all basically going to suffer and die and make the 55 million odd fatalities of the Spanish Flu look like a side show. I prepared to meet my Maker and to be the most courageous I could be in the interim.

My terror lasted about a month before I began being exposed to other and better information and not just the mainstream media visuals of over-crowded hospitals with naked people lying on their stomachs attached to ventilators and bodies piling up all over the place, eek!

I read Mikewhitney's thread, "The numbers don't add up" and for the first time was able to find a good amount of relief from the terror which gripped me during the night where I couldn't sleep for worrying about my loved ones and wondering who would look after my cat should I become incapacitated!

So Thank you Theologyweb, Mikewhitney, Mountainman, Sparko, CowPoke, SeanD, Ronson, Norrinrad, Maranatha and all the contributors to the civics topic. Both good and bad, ha ha you know who you are!

I have learnt so much! I didn't even know what "MSM" stood for or what it was before coming here. Must say that I independently found CNN and their smug outraged virtue signalling anti-Trump anchors and reporters unbearable in the extreme. Ghastly creatures all.
      Rogue and Seer!! Thank you. The "Funny Political Picture Thread" has been priceless. A picture really tells a thousand words. Have laughed out loud so many times. Seer you are so searingly without fear or favour. What a blessing you all have been to me. The Lord knows.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        It's so great to have you here, Esther! We appreciate your input, as well.

Thank you mossrose and for helping me log in!

Comment

I didn't even know what "MSM" stood for or what it was before coming here.
          Acronyms are a frequent frustration for me, too. They can appear rather quickly, and if you've been AFK ("away from keyboard" ) for a couple months, you might suddenly be lost in a conversation going on.

Perhaps what is needed is an acronym reference board?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Acronyms are a frequent frustration for me, too. They can appear rather quickly, and if you've been AFK ("away from keyboard" ) for a couple months, you might suddenly be lost in a conversation going on.

In cases like that Google can be your friend (or Bing, Duckduckgo etc.)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              In cases like that Google can be your friend (or Bing, Duckduckgo etc.)
              That's what I use but it can be laborious at times, since many Discussion Board acronyms are the same as businesses, organizations, products, etc. If you Google MSM (for instance) it comes up with the drug Methylsulfonylmethane.

I can't remember now, but there was an acronym about a year ago that I was lost on and couldn't find it Googling. I simply had to interrupt the conversation and ask.

Comment

Spoken like a true nutter. Good grief!
                The white hats are continuing to do their best to de-nut the nutters. Hang in there.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Here you go!

acronyms 2.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Here you go!

acronyms 2.jpg
                    That kind of looks familiar

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Spoken like a true nutter. Good grief!
                      The white hats are continuing to do their best to de-nut the nutters. Hang in there.
                      The irony coming from the FirstFloor nutter is outstanding!!!
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        That kind of looks familiar
                        I think I posted it in that thread before you did.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Esther.

Don't mind the white hats, they're a little nutty!

Joe will try his best to bring his Dark Winter, but Christ brings sunshine.
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Bold, everybody knows they are good (the righteous in an evil world) and the opposition are bad (sneaky evil dirty rotten scoundrels). ha! ha!
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2020, 03:09 PM.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Moderator Notice

Folks, don't let us turn this thread into another nasty political one.

Esther has expressed her appreciation of many of us, including the ones she may not agree with. I am asking that if you have something rude or mean to say.......don't do it.

There are dozens of other threads to express your disdain for those who disagree with you. Go there and keep it out of this thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Comment