Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I have decided to change my business model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have decided to change my business model

On the kind and loving advice of my liberal friends, I have decided it is futile for me to be in the wedding photography business, and decline service to same sex "weddings", based on my sincerely held religious beliefs.

My liberal friends have lovingly advised me that I should choose another business.

Effective immediately, I am changing my business model from "Wedding Photography" to "Christian Counseling for Successful Marriage". I have a long history of requiring ALL couples to attend three premarital counseling sessions before I officiate at their ceremony, and will continue that policy. Same sex couples are welcome!

Oh, and as an added bonus, I'm providing FREE wedding photography to those who successfully complete my required course.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Of course, there are same sex couples who also identify themselves as "Christian" who will take you up on this...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

great plan CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        Of course, there are same sex couples who also identify themselves as "Christian" who will take you up on this...
        Yes, they'll enjoy my course --- particularly the part on sexual relations.

But WAIT! There's MORE!!!!!!

If they pay for the PLATINUM course which includes the "Christian Finances" module, they can have a free WEDDING CAKE!!!! (they don't even have to pay extra shipping and handling!)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But can they have their cake and eat it too?
          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            With the Platinum package, YES! I'll even photograph them EATING their cake!

Comment

True story: My wife saved some of our wedding cake in a crystal "covered cake dish" thingie - we were planning on having some friends over to the house who had been out of the country on a mission trip, but would be back the day we got back from the honeymoon. We set it on top of the fridge. Well, days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and we totally forgot about that fancy cake thing on top of the fridge. Heck, that's not something we used just every day.

We were married in July, and around Christmas, my wife thought it would be neat to use that cake thingie for a special Staff Christmas party at the Church. She asked me to get it down from the top of the fridge (she can't reach that high) and I was surprised to find it contained .. um... something green and fuzzy.

It actually took some thinking to figure out it must have been the chunk of wedding cake we had "saved".

We opted not to eat it OR to have it.

Comment

My roommates in college and I conducted a similar scientific experiment on a Christmas fruitcake. Every few months we would take it down from above the ceiling to admire the fuzzy colors until eventually it just turned black. Every once in a while I wonder if it is still there.
                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

My roommates in college and I conducted a similar scientific experiment on a Christmas fruitcake. Every few months we would take it down from above the ceiling to admire the fuzzy colors until eventually it just turned black. Every once in a while I wonder if it is still there.
                  Fruitcakes! Collins Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas ships THOUSANDS of Christmas Fruitcakes all over the world. One day I had one of my missionary friends with me, driving up I-45 toward Dallas, and approaching Corsicana we saw a billboard that said "Collins Street Bakery -- we ship fruitcakes all over the world".

My friend pointed to it and said, "yup... sounds like the Southern Baptist Mission Board".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I have a long history of requiring ALL couples to attend three premarital counseling sessions before I officiate at their ceremony, and will continue that policy.
                    Anything like Robin Williams course in Licence to Wed?
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Anything like Robin Williams course in Licence to Wed?
                      Having accidentally seen Robin Williams "unplugged" on a free HBO weekend, prolly not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Having accidentally seen Robin Williams "unplugged" on a free HBO weekend, prolly not.
                        Actually Licence To Wed is pretty funny.

And is not like his Live On Broadway which I assume the "unplugged" was like.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment