Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How Are You Spending Your Thanksgiving Holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not to mention suave, debonair and devastatingly handsome smug.jpg
    Ah don't push it. I'll tell Mossy.

They're not available for such trivialities.
    I'll pay them in tacos, super delicious ones! You of course would get a prized portion.

Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

Ah don't push it. I'll tell Mossy.
      Undeniable truths cannot be denied. See for yourself.

rogue06 pix.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        My country doesn't do thanksgiving (and barely does Halloween), so I'll have to wait for Christmas for the food and family get together. Hopefully no cases of covid slip through the borders between now and then. Won't be fun if we have to wear masks over the summer.
        As far as I'm aware Thanksgiving is a distinctly American holiday. As I think about it, Halloween is probably too. Each country does have it's own distinct holiday(s) that aren't shared across the world. For example, Bastille Day comes to mind as distinctly French.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Stayed in with my wife and son. Our daughter wanted to come home from college to visit, and I would have been willing to risk it in order to avoid having her spend Thanksgiving alone. But she found some friends who were not going home and invited them to spend Thanksgiving with her. So we settled for facetiming with her, and hope to see her in person again sometime next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

As far as I'm aware Thanksgiving is a distinctly American holiday. As I think about it, Halloween is probably too. Each country does have it's own distinct holiday(s) that aren't shared across the world. For example, Bastille Day comes to mind as distinctly French.
            Halloween is a big deal in Canada. More important, it seems, than our Thanksgiving. Sadly. The candy and decorations roll out right after Labour Day. And Christmas comes to the stores right after Halloween.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Undeniable truths cannot be denied. See for yourself.

rogue06 pix.jpg
              Mucho squirrel!!!
              Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
              As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment