Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Media Has Been Trained To Be Good Puppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Media Has Been Trained To Be Good Puppies

This might be a worthwhile mention in relation to the recent MSM thread(s).

In recent years when the MSM has gone rogue and got surly toward Democrats, they got their noses swatted. Today, they either believe their own propaganda, or they are just worried about what powerful Democrats might do to them, their jobs, or maybe even their families. Take the Steele Dossier, for example. If this had been a phony dossier surfacing against Obama during a campaign, he would have threatened or intimidated the MSM into silence. How do we know? Because he did it before. He also (nod nod wink wink) spied on allies with cell phone wiretapping. Did this betrayal get a lot of press? Nope (I wonder why). Had Trump done the same thing, there would have been an uproar from the MSM not seen since Watergate (the turning point of the MSM). I posted several times on this board where award-winning, left-leaning Ted Koppel denounced The New York Times and The Washington Post as being one-sided mouthpieces for the Democrat Party (he should have added CNN and all the legacy media).

Still, we see Leftists racing to the MSM for "facts" about political events, and they parrot exactly what they read as though it is gospel. One poster here even considers NYT articles to be "evidence" of any given truth! No consideration of source or content, no balance, just blind acceptance.

I mentioned how RT (an admitted propaganda outlet for the Russian government) is a legitimate source for information, and the Leftist MSM huggers here went into a rage. They barely stopped short of accusing me of being a Russian mole (typical Leftist tactic, to mislabel opponents of being "racist" or traitorous to shame them into silence). I only became aware of RT when the BBC began blacking out news stories on Tommy Robinson - even going so far as blacking out a protest in London that contained hundreds - if not thousands - of protesters, right in front of White Hall! When I mentioned Robinson to Starlight he had to go look him up because he hadn't heard of him before. Successful censorship, I'd say. Granted, RT didn't run the story out of journalistic integrity, their goal is always to paint the west in a bad light and hype up Russia. But when a bad dog bites a criminal, the bad dog performs a service. This is a nuance that the brainwashed have difficulty conceiving.

The MSM is untrustworthy. Often very untrustworthy. It has to be checked and double checked all the time. And the legacy media is slowly becoming obsolete anyway since news can be gathered from many other sources, and vetted through those sources. Unless it gets some guts and starts being objective and showing it is not afraid of Leftist statists, it will continue its slide into oblivion.

An example of intimidation, from 2018 https://apnews.com/article/ffc60235c...47e0da6ff19f95

AP FACT CHECK: Obama doesn’t always tell the straight story

Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations “that the government has no conceivable right to know.”

Obama’s Justice Department also secretly dogged Fox News journalist James Rosen, getting his phone records, tracking his arrivals and departures at the State Department through his security-badge use, obtaining a search warrant to see his personal emails and naming him as a possible criminal conspirator in the investigation of a news leak.

FOX and Breitbart make fine puppies. It helps that Trump hired a lot FOX employees.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

All MSM is untrustworthy. That includes Fox and Breitbart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        . . . and Trump hired a lot of FOX employees?
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

. . . and Trump hired a lot of FOX employees?
          And Fox employs former Obama employees. So?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

And Fox employs former Obama employees. So?
            He deals a lot in irrelevancy.

Comment

This might be a worthwhile mention in relation to the recent MSM thread(s).

In recent years when the MSM has gone rogue and got surly toward Democrats, they got their noses swatted. Today, they either believe their own propaganda, or they are just worried about what powerful Democrats might do to them, their jobs, or maybe even their families. Take the Steele Dossier, for example. If this had been a phony dossier surfacing against Obama during a campaign, he would have threatened or intimidated the MSM into silence. How do we know? Because he did it before. He also (nod nod wink wink) spied on allies with cell phone wiretapping. Did this betrayal get a lot of press? Nope (I wonder why). Had Trump done the same thing, there would have been an uproar from the MSM not seen since Watergate (the turning point of the MSM). I posted several times on this board where award-winning, left-leaning Ted Koppel denounced The New York Times and The Washington Post as being one-sided mouthpieces for the Democrat Party (he should have added CNN and all the legacy media).

Still, we see Leftists racing to the MSM for "facts" about political events, and they parrot exactly what they read as though it is gospel. One poster here even considers NYT articles to be "evidence" of any given truth! No consideration of source or content, no balance, just blind acceptance.

I mentioned how RT (an admitted propaganda outlet for the Russian government) is a legitimate source for information, and the Leftist MSM huggers here went into a rage. They barely stopped short of accusing me of being a Russian mole (typical Leftist tactic, to mislabel opponents of being "racist" or traitorous to shame them into silence). I only became aware of RT when the BBC began blacking out news stories on Tommy Robinson - even going so far as blacking out a protest in London that contained hundreds - if not thousands - of protesters, right in front of White Hall! When I mentioned Robinson to Starlight he had to go look him up because he hadn't heard of him before. Successful censorship, I'd say. Granted, RT didn't run the story out of journalistic integrity, their goal is always to paint the west in a bad light and hype up Russia. But when a bad dog bites a criminal, the bad dog performs a service. This is a nuance that the brainwashed have difficulty conceiving.

The MSM is untrustworthy. Often very untrustworthy. It has to be checked and double checked all the time. And the legacy media is slowly becoming obsolete anyway since news can be gathered from many other sources, and vetted through those sources. Unless it gets some guts and starts being objective and showing it is not afraid of Leftist statists, it will continue its slide into oblivion.

An example of intimidation, from 2018 https://apnews.com/article/ffc60235c...47e0da6ff19f95

AP FACT CHECK: Obama doesn’t always tell the straight story

Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations “that the government has no conceivable right to know.”

Obama’s Justice Department also secretly dogged Fox News journalist James Rosen, getting his phone records, tracking his arrivals and departures at the State Department through his security-badge use, obtaining a search warrant to see his personal emails and naming him as a possible criminal conspirator in the investigation of a news leak.
              Reminds me of how when Clinton's various scandals were starting to come to light they would call the reporter's editor and accuse them of being stooges for the "vast right wing conspiracy" which worked more often than not in getting investigations quashed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

FOX and Breitbart make fine puppies. It helps that Trump hired a lot FOX employees.
                Kinda ironic considering that the revolving door between the MSM and Democrat Administrations has been taking place for decades now. Many of those who worked in Obama's Administration went on to work for CNN and MSNBC and are now returning to work for Biden.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Kinda ironic considering that the revolving door between the MSM and Democrat Administrations has been taking place for decades now. Many of those who worked in Obama's Administration went on to work for CNN and MSNBC and are now returning to work for Biden.
                  Who is returning to Biden's administration?

Frank

Comment

Who is returning to Biden's administration?
                    Jen Psaki, Rick Stengel, and Tony Blinken, all served in Obama's State Department, went to work for CNN or MSNBC and are now returning. There are one or two others but their names allude me at the moment. I think it's safe to say that, as the revolving door between the MSM and politics is spinning once again, over the next four years that list will grow by the dozens -- just like it did under Obama.

Comment

Didn't JFK hire one or two media types?

Comment

Didn't JFK hire one or two media types?
                        It isn't uncommon for a president to hire such folks, especially for positions like press secretary and the like, but it has only been in the past couple of decades that it has become such a revolving door with so many involved. And of course it was only when Trump hired a small number that the MSM whined about it. You'll of course hear nothing from them as Biden opens the flood gates again.

Comment

It isn't uncommon for a president to hire such folks, especially for positions like press secretary and the like, but it has only been in the past couple of decades that it has become such a revolving door with so many involved. And of course it was only when Trump hired a small number that the MSM whined about it. You'll of course hear nothing from them as Biden opens the flood gates again.
                          And he hires hot ones, like Kayleigh, Mercy, Morgan Ortegas, and Heather Nauert.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I don't pay much attention to FOX, but as for Breitbart, I would say they're openly biased rather than untrustworthy to the extent that unlike CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post, etc. they do not publish made up stories.

And speaking of CNN, they were recently busted for their conference calls where they openly discuss the best strategies for keeping their viewers uninformed and misinformed about President Trump.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...s-cnn-n2580914
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment