Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FOX settles lawsuit in wrongful death Seth Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX settles lawsuit in wrongful death Seth Rich

Source: https://www.npr.org/2020/11/24/938545344/fox-news-settles-with-seth-richs-parents-for-false-story-claiming-clinton-leaks

Fox News Settles With Seth Rich's Parents For False Story Claiming Clinton Leaks

DAVID FOLKENFLIK
    Twitter

The Fox News Channel has reached a private settlement with the parents of the slain Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. The network had baselessly reported in May 2017 that Rich leaked thousands of Democratic party emails to Wikileaks during the height of the 2016 presidential campaign.

The story, reported by Fox News' Malia Zimmerman and retracted seven days later, also suggested without any evidence that Democrats might have been linked to the killing of the 27-year-old Rich, a crime that has not been solved to this day. A Fox News spokesperson tells NPR that Zimmerman is no longer with the network.

"The settlement with Fox News closes another chapter in our efforts to mourn the murder of our beloved Seth, whom we miss every single day," Joel and Mary Rich wrote in their statement. "We are pleased with the settlement of this and sincerely hope that the media will take genuine caution in the future."

Fox News issued a statement through a spokesperson: "We are pleased with the resolution of the claims and hope this enables Mr. and Mrs. Rich to find a small degree of peace and solace moving forward."

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

I wish I could describe the Seth Rich conspiracy as Fox's low point but now they have thousands of COVID19 deaths on their hands too. Truly one of the worst companies outside of Facebook for our civic and medical health.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
      I wish I could describe the Seth Rich conspiracy as Fox's low point but now they have thousands of COVID19 deaths on their hands too. Truly one of the worst companies outside of Facebook for our civic and medical health.
      I mean, if that's the case then we could claim so does Fauci and the CDC have thousands of deaths on their hands, what with the whole "don't wear masks, they don't do anything" and "don't wear masks, they make it worse" period this Spring we got to hear from them.....

Comment

Whoever "Malia Zimmerman" was.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I mean, if that's the case then we could claim so does Fauci and the CDC have thousands of deaths on their hands, what with the whole "don't wear masks, they don't do anything" and "don't wear masks, they make it worse" period this Spring we got to hear from them.....
          Only people proud to wear their ignorance on their sleeve would claim such things that but you do you.

Comment

Good lesson: Never believe the MSM.

Comment

Only people proud to wear their ignorance on their sleeve would claim such things that but you do you.
              You can't have your cake and eat it too, bud.

Comment

You can't have your cake and eat it too, bud.
                Like I said, wearing your ignorance or incompetence on your sleeve. If you really think the two things are analogous then I am certain I am not the one who will get you to realize why they are not the same.

Comment

Guessing you first heard those lies and distortions on FOX, I'll add that I live for unintended irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Good lesson: Never believe the MSM.
                    I prefer to get my Russian agitprop straight from the source, rather than from your regurgitations.

Comment

OFF TOPIC!

Start a thread and deal with your issues.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Source: https://www.npr.org/2020/11/24/938545344/fox-news-settles-with-seth-richs-parents-for-false-story-claiming-clinton-leaks

Fox News Settles With Seth Rich's Parents For False Story Claiming Clinton Leaks

DAVID FOLKENFLIK
                        Twitter

The Fox News Channel has reached a private settlement with the parents of the slain Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. The network had baselessly reported in May 2017 that Rich leaked thousands of Democratic party emails to Wikileaks during the height of the 2016 presidential campaign.

The story, reported by Fox News' Malia Zimmerman and retracted seven days later, also suggested without any evidence that Democrats might have been linked to the killing of the 27-year-old Rich, a crime that has not been solved to this day. A Fox News spokesperson tells NPR that Zimmerman is no longer with the network.

"The settlement with Fox News closes another chapter in our efforts to mourn the murder of our beloved Seth, whom we miss every single day," Joel and Mary Rich wrote in their statement. "We are pleased with the settlement of this and sincerely hope that the media will take genuine caution in the future."

Fox News issued a statement through a spokesperson: "We are pleased with the resolution of the claims and hope this enables Mr. and Mrs. Rich to find a small degree of peace and solace moving forward."

© Copyright Original Source

Well then fox joins contemporaries in pushing false stories and being forced to pay, just like those who pushed the Nick Sandmann story

Comment

..... that but you do you.
                          What?!?
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I prefer to get my Russian agitprop straight from the source, rather than from your regurgitations.
                            Non sequitur.

NYT has another anonymous source that is calling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Guessing you first heard those lies and distortions on FOX, I'll add that I live for unintended irony.
                              Only if 60 Minutes runs on Fox

From March 8th

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.” Anthony Fauci

So he didn't say DON'T wear but rather they were effectively useless

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment