Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chidin' Biden about China: Derail from In China, every day is Kristallnacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chidin' Biden about China: Derail from In China, every day is Kristallnacht

Hypocrisy and pusillanimity are on full display here.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

"I think Joe Biden and the Biden family are compromised" -- according to Bobulinski, a credible insider and named eyewitness. With the man you voted into office, do you think US is going to be more aggressive towards China or less aggressive? If the latter, then why even bother whining about it?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      "I think Joe Biden and the Biden family are compromised" -- according to Bobulinski, a credible insider and named eyewitness. With the man you voted into office, do you think US is going to be more aggressive towards China or less aggressive? If the latter, then why even bother whining about it?
      Was this the thread you meant to post this in?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Was this the thread you meant to post this in?
        Why wouldn't it be? Why bother complaining about how atrocious China's actions are when they voted in a man whom Bobulinski claims is "compromised" by China? Is it really that difficult?
        Last edited by seanD; 12-09-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Less aggressive. I heard on this morning's news that Pete Buttigieg is being considered as the US Ambassador to China. That's a sure sign to me that we're going to rollover in the face of China's threat.

I have no problems with Pete being an ambassador but send a first-timer to somewhere less challenging like Canada, UK, France, Japan, etc. The China post needs an experienced hand.

Why whine? Because it's the right thing to do to protest a bad government decision even if there is no immediate chance of changing it. Also, you get the right to say "I told you so" in the future.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            I have no problems with Pete being an ambassador but send a first-timer to somewhere less challenging like Canada, UK, France, Japan, etc. The China post needs an experienced hand.
            Man, does that ever need to be emphasized. It's understandable that favors are given to former candidates for their endorsements. But China? His experience amounts to little more than being a mayor of a mid-sized city. Make him ambassador to Fiji.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Man, does that ever need to be emphasized. It's understandable that favors are given to former candidates for their endorsements. But China? His experience amounts to little more than being a mayor of a mid-sized city. Make him ambassador to Fiji.
              I get your point but I think Biden's base would be upset at such an obscure post like Fiji.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I get your point but I think Biden's base would be upset at such an obscure post like Fiji.
                I'd love it. I'd lay on the beach and eat mangos

Comment

Less aggressive. I heard on this morning's news that Pete Buttigieg is being considered as the US Ambassador to China. That's a sure sign to me that we're going to rollover in the face of China's threat.

Why whine? Because it's the right thing to do to protest a bad government decision even if there is no immediate chance of changing it. Also, you get the right to say "I told you so" in the future.
                  Not only will Joe not be aggressive, but I believe he could even be China's puppet. Axios did a story about China compromising a bunch of high level democratic politicians. I won't go into detail, other than leave the link, but I think it's fitting within this context. But why whine about how bad China is now when you just voted in a man who will call you xenophobic for criticizing China, and will likely defend China at every turn if Bobulinski is correct? It's like shooting yourself in the foot and then whining about how much we need gun control.

Comment

Not only will Joe not be aggressive, but I believe he could even be China's puppet. Axios did a story about China compromising a bunch of high level democratic politicians. I won't go into detail, other than leave the link, but I think it's fitting within this context. But why whine about how bad China is now when you just voted in a man who will call you xenophobic for criticizing China, and will likely defend China at every turn if Bobulinski is correct? It's like shooting yourself in the foot and then whining about how much we need gun control.
                    Who said I voted for Biden or was that a generic you?

Comment

Who said I voted for Biden or was that a generic you?
                      Reference to the OP, but generic overall.

Comment

Okay this is twilight zone. I could swear I initially posted in this thread, unless a modder moved it here? I'm totally confused.

Comment

I guess it was a misunderstanding. I would appreciate a mod move all posts from #2 back to the original thread here. I had no intent on posting in this thread.

Comment

Joe isn't the only one China has wrapped its little finger. California representative Eric Swalwell was recently busted for having a Chinese spy highly placed in his staff, and a couple of months ago, Pompeo released a list of all the state governors who have close business and political relationships with China.
                            china-joe-biden-768x529.jpg
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I guess it was a misunderstanding. I would appreciate a mod move all posts from #2 back to the original thread here. I had no intent on posting in this thread.
                              Your posts were moved at the request of the original thread's OP for being off topic.
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment