Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's racist appeals powered a white evangelical tsunami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Easy to make a claim. We saw all sorts of claims made over the last four years that turned out to have not a whiff of truth to them. Those who made this claim say they have a recording of it yet that is the one thing they have never produced. Go figure.
    We have the person herself speaking about her own experiences. Why is that insufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I mean, we have a named first party source claiming that he directly called her the N word. Isn't that the gold standard of evidence? https://www.thedailybeast.com/holly-...ity-apprentice
      Ask Tara Reade...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Funny how the CLAIM he said it only appeared after 2016 whereas all the stuff about Biden can be proven beyond any doubt.
        There was so much else about trump that it mght have been overlooked until his ridiculousness over Virginia...........although there was his blatant birther racism.

Joe is innocent even the Barr man gave up :+}

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Ask Tara Reade...
          I'm asking you. Then I'll be happy to answer your questions about Tara Reade.

Comment

I'm asking you. Then I'll be happy to answer your questions about Tara Reade.
            Actually, you asked someone else. I just pointed out someone else that made an accusation that came straight from the horses mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Actually, you asked someone else. I just pointed out someone else that made an accusation that came straight from the horses mouth.
              I know I was asking Rogue but you chimed in anyway. So I just want to make it clear that I'm not afraid to answer your question but only after you answer mine since I asked first. There is a clear right answer correctly answers both my question and your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                Oh boy, another agnostic declaring what evangelicals are supposed to think and do.

I'm so scared, hug me.
                It is more what many Evangelists think and do by the evidence.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I know I was asking Rogue but you chimed in anyway. So I just want to make it clear that I'm not afraid to answer your question but only after you answer mine since I asked first. There is a clear right answer correctly answers both my question and your question.
                  You would think the clear answer is 1 simple eye witness isn't enough, but given the stark differences in first hand testimony as reliable between Christine Ford and Tara Reade means I have no idea what those with TDS believe.

Comment

Trump also openly used the N word. That would seem to Trump everything else.
                    Big deal. I seriously doubt there is *any* American over the age of 30 who has never used the "n-word."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

[QUOTE=CivilDiscourse;n1208774]

You would think the clear answer is 1 simple eye witness isn't enough, but given the stark differences in first hand testimony as reliable between Christine Ford and Tara Reade means I have no idea what those with TDS believe.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to ask them. if you care what I believe I'll be happy to tell you.

Comment

Infidel quotes apostate, Jew, and ultra-progressive "Christian" to judge how Evangelicals "should" behave.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I mean, we have a named first party source claiming that he directly called her the N word. Isn't that the gold standard of evidence? https://www.thedailybeast.com/holly-...ity-apprentice
                          Did you even read the article?

“Shortly after the finale, rumors started going around that he had tossed out an ‘N-word’ referring to me,” she continued. “When the producer told me when it happened, during the finale, I remember the moment. I wasn’t in earshot, but I could see them deciding between me and Bret Michaels.”

She recalled seeing Trump “talking with producers and they’re really animated and that was when I heard that he said, ‘They want the ‘N-word’ to win.’ Because I guess the network wanted me to win or me to be chosen and Trump wanted Bret.”

"Gold standard" indeed.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

“Shortly after the finale, rumors started going around that he had tossed out an ‘N-word’ referring to me,” she continued. “When the producer told me when it happened, during the finale, I remember the moment. I wasn’t in earshot, but I could see them deciding between me and Bret Michaels.”

She recalled seeing Trump “talking with producers and they’re really animated and that was when I heard that he said, ‘They want the ‘N-word’ to win.’ Because I guess the network wanted me to win or me to be chosen and Trump wanted Bret.”

"Gold standard" indeed.
                            Well, I should have read that article more closely. Here is where I originally saw this reporting which presents things much stronger than the DB article (and the DB article doesn't take her "I heard it" out of context). So, it seems like she didn't directly hear it which is what I was under the impression of. Mea culpa, even I blow it sometimes when something aligns with my preconceptions.

Comment

When it is only one person it becomes your word against mine which no court would ever convict on unless there is corroborating evidence. The very fact that she and others claim they had it on tape and then never produced it tends to discredit the veracity of the allegation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Gold standard" indeed.
                                The Impeachment circus revealed that, at least when it comes to the TDS crowd, hear-say (even hear-say several times removed) is their idea of the gold standard

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment