Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump administration officially begins transition to Biden after weeks of delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump administration officially begins transition to Biden after weeks of delay

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trum...ports-say.html

General Services Administration chief Emily Murphy on Monday told President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is making federal resources available for his transition into office.

The letter from Murphy, who had withheld her decision on ascertaining Biden’s electoral victory for weeks after the Nov. 3 election, was revealed minutes before President Donald Trump tweeted that he approved of the move.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Nov 23, 2020

I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good...

...fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.

3:16 PM · Nov 23, 2020

So it's all over including the shouting.

Of course, Emily claimed she reached this decision independently despite what Trump says above. So one or both of them are lying.

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

General Services Administration chief Emily Murphy on Monday told President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is making federal resources available for his transition into office.

The letter from Murphy, who had withheld her decision on ascertaining Biden’s electoral victory for weeks after the Nov. 3 election, was revealed minutes before President Donald Trump tweeted that he approved of the move.

Nov 23, 2020

I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good...

...fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.

Of course, Emily claimed she reached this decision independently despite what Trump says above. So one or both of them are lying.
    Not quite the shouting still continues in the the cave. Trump has not acknowledges defeat and still forced a machine recount in Georgia tomorrow at the expense of the citizens of Georgia. How arrogant and childish.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Nov 23, 2020

He seems to be following the Stacey Abrams (as predicted) route of fighting as long as he can, finally admitting there is no legal option forward, and admitting the loss without "conceding".

So much for all those people thinking he was going to try and get the military to help him, while setting himself up as a dictator. Those were just whack-job conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        So much for all those people thinking he was going to try and get the military to help him, while setting himself up as a dictator. Those were just whack-job conspiracy theories.
        More projection from the Left. They seem to dream up scenarios that they themselves would follow.

Comment

He seems to be following the Stacey Abrams (as predicted) route of fighting as long as he can, finally admitting there is no legal option forward, and admitting the loss without "conceding".

No one who knows what they're talking about thought he was going to remain president after noon on January 20th.

Comment

No one who knows what they're talking about thought he was going to remain president after noon on January 20th.
            Remain president? No, but they had plenty of fun imagining that he would have to be physically dragged out of the WH.

Comment

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/donald-trump-get-rid-of-ballots-wont-leave-white-house

DONALD TRUMP GOES FULL DICTATOR, VOWS TO STAY IN OFFICE REGARDLESS OF ELECTION RESULTS

Wednesday’s news followed the publication of a harrowing report in The Atlantic by Barton Gellman that said the Trump campaign, according to sources in the Republican Party, is “discussing contingency plans to bypass election results and appoint loyal electors in battleground states.” Then, Barton wrote, with “a justification based on claims of rampant fraud, Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly. The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe harbor deadline expires.”

Trump’s refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power—and to count all the ballots cast—was obviously met with outrage, including from some Republicans like Mitt Romney, who tweeted, “Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus. Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable.” Which might mean something if not for the fact that Romney committed earlier this week to confirming Trump’s replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsburg before the election, when Trump has publicly stated that he wants the Supreme Court to litigate the election in his favor. As political commentator Brian Tyler Cohen noted, this is like proclaiming to be against arson “while handing kerosene and lighters to the town arsonist.”

On Thursday, Bernie Sanders is scheduled to give a speech warning of the “nightmare scenario” in which Trump refuses to step down from power even if he loses. Which at one time might have seemed ridiculous and paranoid, but now? Not so much. “We are living in an unprecedented and dangerous moment—extremely dangerous moment—in American history,” Sanders told the New York Times. “And what this speech is going to be about is whether or not the United States of America will continue to be a democracy and a nation ruled by law and our Constitution.... The American people have got to be prepared for this. It is absolutely essential that they are.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/donald-trump-get-rid-of-ballots-wont-leave-white-house

DONALD TRUMP GOES FULL DICTATOR, VOWS TO STAY IN OFFICE REGARDLESS OF ELECTION RESULTS

Wednesday’s news followed the publication of a harrowing report in The Atlantic by Barton Gellman that said the Trump campaign, according to sources in the Republican Party, is “discussing contingency plans to bypass election results and appoint loyal electors in battleground states.” Then, Barton wrote, with “a justification based on claims of rampant fraud, Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly. The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe harbor deadline expires.”

Trump’s refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power—and to count all the ballots cast—was obviously met with outrage, including from some Republicans like Mitt Romney, who tweeted, “Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus. Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable.” Which might mean something if not for the fact that Romney committed earlier this week to confirming Trump’s replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsburg before the election, when Trump has publicly stated that he wants the Supreme Court to litigate the election in his favor. As political commentator Brian Tyler Cohen noted, this is like proclaiming to be against arson “while handing kerosene and lighters to the town arsonist.”

On Thursday, Bernie Sanders is scheduled to give a speech warning of the “nightmare scenario” in which Trump refuses to step down from power even if he loses. Which at one time might have seemed ridiculous and paranoid, but now? Not so much. “We are living in an unprecedented and dangerous moment—extremely dangerous moment—in American history,” Sanders told the New York Times. “And what this speech is going to be about is whether or not the United States of America will continue to be a democracy and a nation ruled by law and our Constitution.... The American people have got to be prepared for this. It is absolutely essential that they are.”

© Copyright Original Source

Yeah, and people who know what they're talking about pointed out why that wouldn't happen from day 1.

Comment

Yeah, and people who know what they're talking about pointed out why that wouldn't happen from day 1.
                  So, sander's didn't know what he was talking about?
                  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-office-409242

Or the new yorker?
                  https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ectoral-defeat

Comment

So, sander's didn't know what he was talking about?
                    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-office-409242

Or the new yorker?
                    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ectoral-defeat
                    If Sanders or the NYer presented that like a realistic possibility then they didn't know what they were talking about. Feel free to google for articles pointing out why the VF article was nonsense if you want.

ETA: I skimmed those two links and I don't see either source indicating endorsement of the VF scenario. Maybe you can paste in the portion you find problematic from either of them. You didn't read them of course.
                    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-24-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment