Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You appear to be easily fooled.

It is on the left where you'll find those who have been talking about those things for much of the last year.
    Please note the Trump backed out of the Open Skies Treaty helping NATO with intelligence against Russia and ordered the intelligence planes used in this to be dismantled.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/22/politics/us-withdrawal-open-skies/index.html

US formally withdraws from Open Skies Treaty that bolstered European security

By Ryan Browne, CNN

(CNN)The US on Sunday formally exited the decades-old Open Skies Treaty, some six months after President Donald Trump first announced the decision, according to the State Department.

The 1992 treaty allows the 34 member countries to conduct short notice, unarmed, reconnaissance flights over the other countries to collect data on their military forces and activities.

The Trump administration has cited Russian restrictions on Open Skies flights as the reason why it sought to exit the treaty, accusing Moscow of imposing limits on flights near its exclave of Kaliningrad, an area between Poland and Lithuania where the Russian military maintains a robust presence.

The US has also accused Russia of denying flights within 6.2 miles of the Georgia-Russia border, and denying a previously approved flight over a major Russian military exercise.

America's European allies, however, value the treaty, as it gives them the ability to collect aerial reconnaissance information that they would not necessarily have access to outside of the treaty.

In a lengthy May statement explaining the US decision to exit the agreement, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that the US understands Europeans still value the treaty, saying that it was one of the reasons the US stayed in the treaty for some period despite Moscow's unwillingness to adhere to it.

The treaty gave US allies and partners without sophisticated satellite capabilities a way to gather and share -- all the member countries could access imagery gathered on flights.

Pentagon officials have told CNN that the US military intends to share some of its intelligence and reconnaissance data from assets such as satellites with European allies in order to help compensate for any loss of critical information from the cessation of Open Skies flights.The Trump administration similarly exited the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty over what the US and all NATO members said were Russian violations of the accord due to Moscow's deployment of intermediate-range, nuclear-capable missiles.

However, while America's European allies supported the decision to exit the INF Treaty, no such support was offered for the Trump administration's decision to exit Open Skies. Eleven member countries also issued a statement in May expressing their "regret" about the Trump administration decision, which also met resistance from US lawmakers from both parties.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Trumps quotes and actions concerning Putin speak for themselves.
      Did you dislocate anything stretching so far trying to make a comparison?

The undeniable fact remains it is the left that is enamored with gulags, reeducation camps and making enemies lists. Deal with it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did you dislocate anything stretching so far trying to make a comparison?

The undeniable fact remains it is the left that is enamored with gulags, reeducation camps and making enemies lists. Deal with it.
        That is about as balanced as saying:

"The undeniable fact remains it is the religious, the believers in God, who stod behind 9/11 and who continue to kill, protest againt free speech and threathen the innocent. Deal with it."

The world is a lot more complicated than you think and there is no such thing as "the left" in the form and shape it exists in your simplifications. Deal with it.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You appear to be easily fooled.

It is on the left where you'll find those who have been talking about those things for much of the last year.
          You appear to so easily fooled.

Remember the troop pull out that betrayed the Kurds and let the Russians in the Middle East.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

That is about as balanced as saying:

"The undeniable fact remains it is the religious, the believers in God, who stod behind 9/11 and who continue to kill, protest againt free speech and threathen the innocent. Deal with it."

The world is a lot more complicated than you think and there is no such thing as "the left" in the form and shape it exists in your simplifications. Deal with it.
            Invalid attempt to whitewash a growing tendency among the left to embrace just the sort of horrors that arose from their side in the first place.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Remember the troop pull out that betrayed the Kurds and let the Russians in the Middle East.
              Remember our bombing of Russian forces in Syria?

Comment

Remember our bombing of Russian forces in Syria?
                Brookings compiled a list of actions the Trump administration (and Congress) has taken against Russia in the past three years. Trump has taken more actions against Russia in three years than Obama did in eight. But the MSM doesn't cover it or they play it down because it doesn't fit their narrative. And then people like Shunya never know about it.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...ons-on-russia/

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Somehow I find this one far more offensive. It happens to come from Mountain Man's favorite cartoonist. You can find his full collection here which is just lovely.
                  Puppet strings are more offensive than a concentration camp? Anyway, I don't agree with its suggestion.

Comment

Please note the Trump backed out of the Open Skies Treaty helping NATO with intelligence against Russia and ordered the intelligence planes used in this to be dismantled.
                    Please note that European nations are still in the treaty with Russia. They can continue to play Russia's one-sided games.

Comment

The US didn't betray the Kurds. Aside from leaving some troop presence in Syria to discourage attacks against the Kurds, the US never had a defense pact with them so there was nothing to betray. The US was not obligated to hold their hand for eternity.

Geez, if you want to talk about "betrayal" you need look no further than Hillary Clinton leaving Americans dangling in the wind in Benghazi. Get some perspective. If you're going to get weepy you should do it over American deaths.

Comment

Invalid attempt to whitewash a growing tendency among the left to embrace just the sort of horrors that arose from their side in the first place.
                        The point - which you obviously missed - is that there is no such thing as "the left" as some sort of unity throughout the entire history and ranging from every form of extreme to moderist leftist minded person. "The left" you refer to is a construction in your own head. If you go back and read my post, you see see how I pointed this out to you and made it rather obvious to you how you would not use a concept like "The left" with regard to "the religious".

To talk about "whitewashing" anything is completely of tracks. I none of the horrors you refer to has anything to do with me, nor with the majoiry of modern day leftists (who are not "the left). By the way - and I have repeated this quite often, I do not even belong to "the left" or to be more exact I do not lean to the left. That makes no difference to the line of reasoning I provide but exposes the desperation behind your absurd idea that I am trying to whitewash anything. If anything needs a wash it is your dirty attempts.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Brookings compiled a list of actions the Trump administration (and Congress) has taken against Russia in the past three years. Trump has taken more actions against Russia in three years than Obama did in eight. But the MSM doesn't cover it or they play it down because it doesn't fit their narrative. And then people like Shunya never know about it.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...ons-on-russia/
                          Here's a quick one I put together awhile back

You mean like when Trump
                          • accused Russia of deploying land-based cruise missiles saying that they violated the "spirit and intent" of the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty -- something Obama refused to do?
                          • bombed Syria's Shayrat Airbase (Russia's allies) when they use chemical weapons in 2017?
                          • again bombed Syrian forces in 2018 killing over 200 Russian "mercenaries"?
                          • tried to get Merkel to stop importing natural gas from Russia which would deal a serious blow to the Russian economy?
                          • sent weapons, including a bunch of anti-tank missiles, to Ukraine so they can fight the Russians?
                          • imposed stricter sanctions[1] than those initially called for by Congress including imposing sanctions on Ramzan Kadyrov, a close Putin ally?
                          • ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats and closure of Russian consulate in Seattle in response to Russia's poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal (Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov declared that the expulsion of the total of 153 Russian diplomats by 28 countries was the result of the Trump Administration "blackmailing" other nations)?
                          • approved sanctions placed on builders of the Nord Stream 2 Russia-to-Germany gas pipelines?

That sort of "constant caving to putin"?

1. to be fair this has been a bit of a mixed bag in that earlier Trump expressed reluctance about enforcing some sanctions that he had signed into law.

Comment

Here's a quick one I put together awhile back
                            This one is multi-fold:
                            tried to get Merkel to stop importing natural gas from Russia which would deal a serious blow to the Russian economy?

The Nordstream II pipeline undermines the purpose of NATO. Here we are, footing most of the bill for NATO to protect Europe against Russia, and Germany jumps into bed with them? Forget about tanks and bombs, all Russia need do is turn off the spigot and cripple Germany (and other NATO nations using that gas). It's ridiculous.

Trump was also pushing his America First policy because the US can supply much of the energy needs for Europe, but it would cost a bit more to transport it. So Germany said "Nah, we'll deal with an enemy for cheaper." Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

The point - which you obviously missed - is that there is no such thing as "the left" as some sort of unity throughout the entire history and ranging from every form of extreme to moderist leftist minded person. "The left" you refer to is a construction in your own head. If you go back and read my post, you see see how I pointed this out to you and made it rather obvious to you how you would not use a concept like "The left" with regard to "the religious".

To talk about "whitewashing" anything is completely of tracks. I none of the horrors you refer to has anything to do with me, nor with the majoiry of modern day leftists (who are not "the left). By the way - and I have repeated this quite often, I do not even belong to "the left" or to be more exact I do not lean to the left. That makes no difference to the line of reasoning I provide but exposes the desperation behind your absurd idea that I am trying to whitewash anything. If anything needs a wash it is your dirty attempts.
                              Your attempt to pretend that the left doesn't exist is on par for credibility with Jerry I-just-pooped-in-my-pants-in-public Nadler's declaration that antifa is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Puppet strings are more offensive than a concentration camp? Anyway, I don't agree with its suggestion.
                                Yes. Open anti-semitism is more offensive than a tasteless comparison to the Final Solution. As is rejoicing in the death of RGB.

Comment