Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I Google "political cartoons," it seems 90% are anti Trump. And they get much nastier than this, but the Left doesn't care so long Trump is the target.

The more vile and sadistic, the better. And they wonder why Leftist mobs attack conservatives, burn cities, loot and vandalize? I don't wonder.

image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

What a disgusting question. Of course I do. Why is the right so obsessed with tribalism?
      OK. Thanks. Now check Shunya's responses.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Could of fooled me those are Trump's lines with his devoted admiration of Putin.
        You appear to be easily fooled.

It is on the left where you'll find those who have been talking about those things for much of the last year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

OK. Thanks. Now check Shunya's responses.
          I speak for no one but myself. I don't agree with everything posted by any poster on here. If he posted a political cartoon which made light of the Final Solution I'd probably comment on that too.

Comment

That was originally an anti-Trump cartoon. Do you feel the same when the Left does it?

Chris-Britt-.jpg
            Hilarious. I don't always see such hypocritical pearl clutching, but when I do, I laugh.

Comment

When I Google "political cartoons," it seems 90% are anti Trump. And they get much nastier than this, but the Left doesn't care so long Trump is the target.

The more vile and sadistic, the better. And they wonder why Leftist mobs attack conservatives, burn cities, loot and vandalize? I don't wonder.

image.jpg
              She was rightly dragged after posting that pic and took a significant professional hit. I'm sure you're aware of that though so I have no idea why you think this pic makes your case.

Comment

image.jpg
                Not nasty enough!
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Hilarious. I don't always see such hypocritical pearl clutching, but when I do, I laugh.
                  How am I being a hypocrite? Lay it out clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Not nasty enough!
                    I rest my case.

Comment

She was rightly dragged after posting that pic and took a significant professional hit. I'm sure you're aware of that though so I have no idea why you think this pic makes your case.
                      It makes my case because I never see the Right doing anything this vile. Well, almost never. I do recall seeing some rednecks hanging Obama in effigy several years ago.

Comment

It makes my case because I never see the Right doing anything this vile. Well, almost never. I do recall seeing some rednecks hanging Obama in effigy several years ago.
                        Somehow I find this one far more offensive. It happens to come from Mountain Man's favorite cartoonist. You can find his full collection here which is just lovely.

anti1.jpg
                        Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-23-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Somehow I find this one far more offensive. It happens to come from Mountain Man's favorite cartoonist. You can find his full collection here which is just lovely.

anti1.jpg
                          Here's another couple from Garrison which are just delightful.

anti2.jpg

anti3.jpg

Comment

I rest my case.
                            Your missed the sarcasm
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You appear to be easily fooled.

It is on the left where you'll find those who have been talking about those things for much of the last year.
                              Trumps quotes and actions concerning Putin speak for themselves.

Frank

Comment

Basically Trumps appointments follow an anti-science agenda.

Most of Trump's cabinet appointments and Pence were fundamentalist Christians that do not accept the science of evolution.

It would be interesting to compare the qualifications of Trump's appointees with those of Biden. As far as Climate Change Trump's agenda was to appoint poorly Climate Change deniers. Trump's attempt to make late appointments of Climate Change skeptics to NOAA.

Source: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/trump-white-house-recruited-climate-science-critics-work-noaa

Trump White House recruited climate science critics to work at NOAA

By Scott Waldman, E&E NewsSep. 28, 2020 , 2:00 PM

Originally published by E&E News

At least three prominent researchers who question the severity of climate change rebuffed the opportunity to take a senior position at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The White House has been quietly working in recent weeks to reshape the leadership of NOAA with a goal of criticizing climate science, according to people who were contacted about the job.

Get more great content like this delivered right to you!

The revelation that administration officials approached multiple researchers with long records of casting doubt on human-caused climate change points to a political campaign to undermine mainstream science at one of the world’s leading climate agencies, experts and observers said.

After the initial candidates declined the position, the White House turned to David Legates, a geography professor at the University of Delaware who rejects the basic principles of climate science. Legates, now the deputy assistant secretly for observation and prediction at NOAA, has claimed that rising carbon dioxide levels would make the earth more hospitable to humans.

John Christy, an atmospheric science professor at the University of Alabama, Huntsville, told E&E News that a White House official promised him he would be given a free hand to change the way NOAA approaches climate research.

“The pitch was I would have new influence on the future direction of the agency,” Christy said, adding that if he had accepted the job, “I would redirect money from the climate modeling project into the weather modeling project.”

Christy, who downplays the severity of rising temperatures, said he was unable to take the job due to his academic commitments. His colleague Roy Spencer, a meteorologist affiliated with the Heartland Institute, also was mentioned as a possibility, but he did not pursue the opportunity.

Christy reached out to Judith Curry, the former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Georgia Tech, to see if she would be interested in the NOAA position, Curry told E&E News. She, too, rebuffed the offer.

“I’m totally uninterested in anything having to do with D.C. and government,” Curry said.

In addition to Legates, the White House installed Ryan Maue, a former employee of the Cato Institute, as NOAA’s chief scientist, and Erik Noble, who worked as a data analyst for President Donald Trump’s campaign, as the agency’s acting chief of staff.

The changes symbolize a coordinated effort to reshape NOAA’s senior leadership in the dusk of Trump’s first term. Until now, the agency has remained relatively unscathed by the president’s embrace of conspiracy theories about climate change.

But the moves being taken now by administration officials could outlast Trump’s presidency even if he loses the November election to Democratic nominee Joe Biden, according to Andrew Rosenberg, who served as a deputy director at NOAA in former President Bill Clinton’s administration.

Rosenberg, who now runs the Center for Science and Democracy at the Union of Concerned Scientists, said the political appointments could be a strategic way to get climate denialists “burrowed” in at NOAA. If the political appointees are offered career positions, they will be much harder to dismiss after Trump is gone because of protections for federal workers, Rosenberg said.

“They’re packing these positions, and I’m worried they’re going to get burrowed into career positions in NOAA. First of all, getting appointed in the first place is sending a very strong signal that we are not interested in the overall scientific evidence of climate change; we’re going to go with the view of the fringe. That’s very distressing, not only to climate change, but everything NOAA does.”

Two of the new hires—Legates and Maue—have a record of downplaying climate science and have published claims in direct contradiction to NOAA peer-reviewed research.

Outside advisers to the White House have said Legates is expected to attempt to influence the next National Climate Assessment, the congressionally mandated body of research that informs policymakers around the country about how climate change is affecting their regions.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-24-2020, 06:26 AM.

Frank

Comment