Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?

Source: https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/527189-biden-selects-john-kerry-for-climate-czar

President-elect Joe Biden on Monday named former Secretary of State John Kerry as special envoy to lead his administration’s efforts to fight climate change.

Kerry will be the “climate czar” for the incoming administration, coordinating programs that are expected to stretch across multiple agencies while leading efforts at a White House that may need to look for avenues beyond Congress to advance climate priorities.

© Copyright Original Source

Guess Kerry's PhD in climatology will come in handy, huh?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?
    Did he? I know he promised that his Cabinet will reflect the diversity of America, which led me to immediately think that for such important positions you should be picking the absolute best regardless of race, religion, sexual preference or what have you and not worry about filling quotas.

As for Kerry...

Back in the days when I knew a bunch of folks who served on various Congressional staffs, both Democrat and Republican, they tended to express their views towards other members of Congress quite openly. None, and I mean none, had anything to nice to say about Kerry. He was universally viewed as being, well, thick.

One who served on Sen. Sam Nunn's staff for several years likened him to that one kid in your class that needed things explained to them over and over and still never grasped it. He said everyone in both parties would get exasperated because they constantly had to get Kerry to understand what was being talked about.

Anywho... it does not look like he'll be a part of the Cabinet but rather something called a "Climate Envoy" so at least it looks like Biden's handlers realized that they shouldn't give him a real job

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/527189-biden-selects-john-kerry-for-climate-czar

President-elect Joe Biden on Monday named former Secretary of State John Kerry as special envoy to lead his administration’s efforts to fight climate change.

Kerry will be the “climate czar” for the incoming administration, coordinating programs that are expected to stretch across multiple agencies while leading efforts at a White House that may need to look for avenues beyond Congress to advance climate priorities.

© Copyright Original Source

Guess Kerry's PhD in climatology will come in handy, huh?
      Reading John Kerry's qualifications he did not have a PhD in Climatology, but he has a history of consulting with and following the scientific perspective of Climate Change.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Reading John Kerry's qualifications he did not have a PhD in Climatology, but he has a history of consulting with and following the scientific perspective of Climate Change.
        I'm not a climatologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm not a climatologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!
          You should have saved your pennies for a suite at Four Seasons Landscaping instead.

Comment

I'm less worried about who Biden will appoint than the appointment itself. Next we'll see a "Diversity Czar" or a "Hate Crime Agency", right next to the "Trump Reeducation Camp."

Chris-Britt-.jpg​​​​​​​

Comment

So far the appointments I've heard about are white men and one white woman. Not a good start on the diversity front.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                I'm less worried about who Biden will appoint than the appointment itself. Next we'll see a "Diversity Czar" or a "Hate Crime Agency", right next to the "Trump Reeducation Camp."
                This is disgusting and you should feel bad. Insert exclamation which won't get me moderated.
                Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-23-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Chris-Britt-.jpg​​​​​​​
                  Where's the Orange coiffure?
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

This is disgusting and you should feel bad. Insert exclamation which won't get me moderated.
                    That was originally an anti-Trump cartoon. Do you feel the same when the Left does it?

Chris-Britt-.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Where's the Orange coiffure?
                      It hasn't been Trump or any of his supporters who have been talking nostalgically about gulags and sending political opponents to reeducation camps.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That was originally an anti-Trump cartoon. Do you feel the same when the Left does it?

Chris-Britt-.jpg
                        And now the T's on the uniform make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It hasn't been Trump or any of his supporters who have been talking nostalgically about gulags and sending political opponents to reeducation camps.
                          Could of fooled me those are Trump's lines with his devoted admiration of Putin.

Frank

Comment

Chris-Britt-.jpg
                            As I said said this is indeed Trump at his best without his orange coiffure!

Frank

Comment

What a disgusting question. Of course I do. Why is the right so obsessed with tribalism?

Comment