Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden promised hiring the most qualified... right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Will Trump now pardon Hillary?
    Hillary doesn't need a pardon.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

There are extremes on all sides. Always has and always will.
      I do not see you taking this in consideration in any of your posts.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Te Kurds were our allies and helped us. They never needed to fire a shot. Trump took the troops out, the Turks slaughtered the Kurds and let the Russians in, and Trump acknowledged that sort of after the fact.
        It's not our job to hold their hands for the next eternity just because we happened to nominally fall on the same side of some conflict. Especially when they were committing terrorist attacks while hiding behind that nominal relationship with us. Not our job to be the World Police, no matter how much warmongers like you want us to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Not only did we have no defense pact with them, but they were abusing the informal relationship we did have with them, using us as a shield to hide behind while they committed terrorist and military attacks in the region.
          Yup. It was becoming a huge problem with Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Hillary doesn't need a pardon.
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Will Trump now pardon Hillary?

Comment

It's not our job to hold their hands for the next eternity just because we happened to nominally fall on the same side of some conflict. Especially when they were committing terrorist attacks while hiding behind that nominal relationship with us. Not our job to be the World Police, no matter how much warmongers like you want us to be.
              The bold above is meaningless sarcastic rhetoric, and did not address the issue of the Kurds and their relationship with the USA, the result with the Russians moving in, and by the way their history on the Middle East.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

The bold above is meaningless sarcastic rhetoric, and did not address the issue of the Kurds and their relationship with the USA, the result with the Russians moving in, and by the way their history on the Middle East.
                No, it's actually quite a meaningful factual statement. Their 'relationship' was a nominal 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' relationship. One they then abused to make terrorist attacks while trying to use us as a shield.

Couldn't care less about Russians moving in. Didn't you learn anything from the Taliban and our obsession with proxy wars? Good grief. Stop acting like we need to be the world police. We don't, and we shouldn't. Let's focus on our own country instead of handholding some terrorists who happened to marginally fall on the same side as us in a pointless conflict.

Comment

No, it's actually quite a meaningful factual statement. Their 'relationship' was a nominal 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' relationship. One they then abused to make terrorist attacks while trying to use us as a shield.

Couldn't care less about Russians moving in. Didn't you learn anything from the Taliban and our obsession with proxy wars? Good grief. Stop acting like we need to be the world police. We don't, and we shouldn't. Let's focus on our own country instead of handholding some terrorists who happened to marginally fall on the same side as us in a pointless conflict.
                  Meaningless rhetoric spews forth, and does not address the issue. The Kurds cannot be equated to the Taliban

Frank

Comment

Good luck. I've had more progress with brick walls.

Comment

Meaningless rhetoric spews forth, and does not address the issue.
                      Yes, I understand, you can't address my post, no need to summarize describe your own posts in such a demeaning manner.

The Kurds cannot be equated to the Taliban
                      I wasn't equating them with the Taliban. I was referencing your reference to Russia in the Middle East and the fiascos that resulted from our meddling/proxy war.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Good luck. I've had more progress with brick walls.
                        Definitely the second brick wall I've encountered across fora, who professes to be Baha'i, Not the greatest first and second impression for me to that faith/its followers.

Comment

I did not have a problem with the withdrawal itself; what I disliked was the abrupt way it was done. Had it been more gradual so that the people we were supporting wouldn't suddenly be blindsided, I wouldn't have had nearly as much of a problem with it.

Comment

Yes, I understand, you can't address my post, no need to summarize describe your own posts in such a demeaning manner.

I wasn't equating them with the Taliban. I was referencing your reference to Russia in the Middle East and the fiascos that resulted from our meddling/proxy war.
                            Still no coherent response concerning Trump's irresponsible acts in the Middle East.

Frank

Comment

Still no coherent response concerning Trump's irresponsible acts in the Middle East.
                              What irresponsible acts? You haven't named any yet?

Are you talking about bombing a Doctors Without Borders field hospital? Oh wait, that was Obama/Biden.

Comment

What irresponsible acts? You haven't named any yet?

Are you talking about bombing a Doctors Without Borders field hospital? Oh wait, that was Obama/Biden.
                                I think he means inciting a revolt in Libya and then abandoning them to chaos. Oh wait, that was Obama/Biden too.

Comment