Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and the 25th Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden and the 25th Amendment

Awhile back there was talk about applying the 25th Amendment to Trump. Now that Biden is going to be president, let's see how the amendment might apply to him. It's only fair.

Here are my scenarios from what I see as most likely/reasonable to most conspiratorial.
    • Not Needed: Biden maintains his health and serves his full term.
    • Talked About: Biden shows just enough to make certain parties say it should be invoked. However, it never gets past talk.
    • Cover Up: The stress of the office wears him out but the WH staff and media cover for him. He only shows in carefully controlled events. This is similar to Wilson after his stroke.
    • Not Needed: The stress of the office gets Biden and he drops of a sudden heart attack, stroke, etc.
    • Resigns: The stress of the office really wears Biden out and he resigns in the face of growing calls and not wishing to be the first President to be removed from office due to health concerns.
    • Invoked: The stress of the office really wears Biden out and it becomes really obvious he is too sick to continue. Biden resists calls to resign and eventually a movement invokes the 25th and pushes him out.
    • January 21, 2021: the progressives decide to push the now unnecessary Biden out of the way. The media suddenly turns on him and he's out of office by say the end of March 2021.

When do you think?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Awhile back there was talk about applying the 25th Amendment to Trump. Now that Biden is going to be president, let's see how the amendment might apply to him. It's only fair.

Here are my scenarios from what I see as most likely/reasonable to most conspiratorial.
    • Not Needed: Biden maintains his health and serves his full term.
    • Talked About: Biden shows just enough to make certain parties say it should be invoked. However, it never gets past talk.
    • Cover Up: The stress of the office wears him out but the WH staff and media cover for him. He only shows in carefully controlled events. This is similar to Wilson after his stroke.
    • Not Needed: The stress of the office gets Biden and he drops of a sudden heart attack, stroke, etc.
    • Resigns: The stress of the office really wears Biden out and he resigns in the face of growing calls and not wishing to be the first President to be removed from office due to health concerns.
    • Invoked: The stress of the office really wears Biden out and it becomes really obvious he is too sick to continue. Biden resists calls to resign and eventually a movement invokes the 25th and pushes him out.
    • January 21, 2021: the progressives decide to push the now unnecessary Biden out of the way. The media suddenly turns on him and he's out of office by say the end of March 2021.

When do you think?
    One other distant possibility but in these times

The Democrat leadership tells him they they won't oppose efforts to investigate him and his family's dealings and suggest he resign due to his health before that happens so that they can get Kamala installed as president

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      One other distant possibility but in these times

The Democrat leadership tells him they they won't oppose efforts to investigate him and his family's dealings and suggest he resign due to his health before that happens so that they can get Kamala installed as president
      Maybe. Somehow though that doesn't feel right. My other thought which really doesn't fall under 25th amendment is he resigns or is pushed to resign after the 2022 elections so Kamala gains the advantages of being the incumbent in 2024.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

If he steps down and Harris becomes President do you have to hold another election or would she serve out the term?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Invoking the 25th Amendment requires the vice president to be on board, and this was never going to happen with Trump and Pence, but there is little doubt in my mind that if Harris is VP, she will stick the knife in China Joe's back at the first opportunity.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            If he steps down and Harris becomes President do you have to hold another election or would she serve out the term?
            She would serve until the end of the administration's term. It would be up to Congress to pick the VP in that case.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Good lord, first the Bible and now the constitution? This is middle school level history.

Comment

No

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Good lord, first the Bible and now the constitution? This is middle school level history.
                  You might have a point if she was from the U.S. or do you wish to regale us with your deep understanding of the ins and outs of Canada's parliamentary system?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

She would serve until the end of the administration's term. It would be up to Congress to pick the VP in that case.
                    Congress wouldn't pick the VP. Harris would. But Congress would have to approve it.

Look back to what happened after Agnew resigned. Nixon picked Ford to replace him which Congress approved. Ford became POTUS and picked Nelson Rockefeller to be his VP which Congress also approved.

Comment

You might have a point if she was from the U.S. or do you wish to regale us with your deep understanding of the ins and outs of Canada's parliamentary system?
                      One can't tell if one doesn't locate themselves in their profile - still if I were to comment on Canadian government I'd do a bit of research:+}

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Thanks! Was curious.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

One can't tell if one doesn't locate themselves in their profile - still if I were to comment on Canadian government I'd do a bit of research:+}
                          Or she could just ask

The clue that she isn't from 'Murica is how she phrased the question. "Do you" rather than "do we."

Comment

Or she could just ask

The clue that she isn't from 'Murica is how she phrased the question. "Do you" rather than "do we."

Good one but either you or we works in the States:+}

Comment

She could just ask what?
                              Facepalm stooges.jpg

ETA: I see that you realized just how moronic that question was and removed it from your post

Comment