Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rudy goes full Wayne's World Stacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Did you read what he did in court and other lawyers had to take over? Oh yes! The case was lost. Neither Trump nor Biden can beat that.
    Can you link me to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Can you link me to this?
      I already did. Dementia on your part, See https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...liani-in-court

Source: https://apnews.com/article/rudy-giuliani-returns-courtroom-trump-b81328c5a74ab348d8b7e21f93eed3f9

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Rudy Giuliani, representing a client inside a courtroom for the first time in nearly three decades, showed some rust as he tried to make the case that President Donald Trump has been robbed of reelection.

The former federal prosecutor and New York City mayor, who has taken over Trump’s efforts to cast doubt on the election results, entered a courthouse Tuesday in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, with a few dozen Trump supporters cheering him from across the street.

Over the next several hours, he fiddled with his Twitter account, forgot which judge he was talking to and threw around unsupported accusations about a nationwide conspiracy by Democrats to steal the election.

Not only has no such evidence emerged since Election Day, but the federal government’s top election security officials have deemed it the most secure U.S. election ever. In Pennsylvania, an Associated Press canvass of county election officials likewise unearthed no significant problems.

Nevertheless, Giuliani plowed ahead Tuesday, needling an opposing lawyer by calling him “the man who was very angry with me, I forgot his name.”

He mistook the judge for a federal judge in a separate Pennsylvania district who rejected a separate Trump campaign case: “I was accused of not reading your opinion and that I did not understand it.

And he tripped himself up over the meaning of “opacity.”

“In the plaintiffs’ counties, they were denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity,” Giuliani said. “I’m not quite sure I know what opacity means. It probably means you can see, right?”

“It means you can’t,” said U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann.

“Big words, your honor,” Giuliani said.

Giuliani acknowledged in court that a portion of the lawsuit had been “mistakenly” removed and, under questioning by Brann, that the lawsuit did not actually allege election fraud, despite his claims about it.

At times, Giuliani struggled to answer Brann’s questions, or the Philadelphia lawyer working alongside Giuliani, Linda Kerns, took over in answering.

At one point, an opposing lawyer, Mark Aronchick, disputed Giuliani’s repeated contentions that it was illegal for counties to help people vote.

“I don’t expect that he would know the Pennsylvania election code,” Aronchick said, suggesting — without saying it — that Giuliani was an unprepared out-of-towner.

And while still in court, Giuliani retweeted someone who said he did a great job in his opening remarks.

The Trump campaign is seeking to prevent Pennsylvania from certifying its election. The lawsuit is based on a complaint that Philadelphia and six Democratic-controlled counties in Pennsylvania let voters make corrections to mail-in ballots that were otherwise going to be disqualified for a technicality, like lacking a secrecy envelope or a signature.

It is not clear how many ballots that could involve, although some opposing lawyers say it is far too few to overturn the election result. President-elect Joe Biden won the state by more than 80,000 votes.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-21-2020, 06:29 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I already did. Dementia on your part,
        That's neither a transcript nor a video, and not even a sworn affidavit, but somebody's interpretation of an event. Not evidence.

Comment

I've made that claim and I stand by it. The "evidence" is as obvious as daylight. Have you ever seen daylight?
          Ok, what evidence do you have which doesn't equally apply to Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Ok, what evidence do you have which doesn't equally apply to Trump?
            Look at videos of Trump in the 1980s or 1990s and compare them to him today. It's the same person.

Do the same with Biden. He is clearly having difficulty concentrating and recalling now as compared to earlier years.

Comment

That's neither a transcript nor a video, and not even a sworn affidavit, but somebody's interpretation of an event. Not evidence.
              It is an actual witnessed events in court an reported by several media. No one including Giuliani has contested this record of the events. Your in dementia denial.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-21-2020, 06:34 PM.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

It is an actual witnessed events in court an reported by several media. Your in dementia denial.
                So if RT reports something that makes it true?

Sorry. The media is often wrong or misleading or flat-out lies. Not evidence. I need a video or an official transcript or a link to an affidavit.

Comment

Sorry. The media is often wrong or misleading or flat-out lies. Not evidence. I need a video or an official transcript or a link to an affidavit.
                  Here are the audio snippets which were released. It has the opacity exchange.

Comment

It was not reported by RT. Is Russia Television your reliable source?

Giuliani nor anyone in the Republican Party has denied the record of the events. If it is false it is easily subject to a serious slander law suite in a court of law.

A number of sources reported the events.

Frank

Comment

Here are the audio snippets which were released. It has the opacity exchange.
                      This is what all of the hullabaloo is about? He questioned "opacity" in context of someone else's statement, not what the word means. Holy cow. And this is supposed to indicate he has dementia?

Oh, and thanks for the link.
                      Last edited by Ronson; 11-21-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

It was not reported by RT. Is Russia Television your reliable source?
                        It's Russia Today not Russia Television. And you have completely missed the point (as usual).

Giuliani nor anyone in the Republican Party has denied the record of the events. If it is false it is easily subject to a serious slander law suite in a court of law.

A number of sources reported the events.
                        I heard for myself now, thanks to Licona. It is nothing worth responding to.

Comment

It's Russia Today not Russia Television. And you have completely missed the point (as usual).
                          Is this your News Source of choice. Would you believe it if appeared in RT.

I heard for myself now, thanks to Licona. It is nothing worth responding to.
                          Do you have a contrary source that denies this account? See post #2 by rogue06

Frank

Comment

Look at videos of Trump in the 1980s or 1990s and compare them to him today. It's the same person.

Do the same with Biden. He is clearly having difficulty concentrating and recalling now as compared to earlier years.
                            I don't think anyone disputes that in anything close to a perfect world Biden at 78 would not be our next president. But Biden's supposed symptoms of dementia are all ones Trump also displays in at least similar measure. Forgetting words (how many times did Trump call hypersonic missles "hydrosonic")? Getting names wrong (he called Matt Gaetz Rick Gates multiple times while looking right at him)? Occasional unsmoothness in talking (how many times has Trump garbled a word in a way I've never personally seen others do)? So it's just not enough to point at those things and say that proves dementia.

Here's a friendly wager -- we're far more likely to get some confirmation of Trump having dementia before we get confirmation of Biden having it. It's a bit of an unfair bet though since Biden would be fairly protected from such an official diagnosis by virtue of being president whereas Trump will have a lot of motivation to argue for medical leniency in various matters. I also don't think we're likely to get any official confirmation for either of them any time soon though.

Comment

Is this your News Source of choice. Would you believe it if appeared in RT.
                              You're still not getting it. OK, really plainly: I DON'T TRUST ANY NEWS SOURCE. The POINT is, you do. You consider news stories "evidence."

Do you have a contrary source that denies this account? See post #2 by rogue06
                              I already heard it for myself. I don't need a "news source" to interpret things for me.

And I think Rogue is wrong on this and I already responded to his post.

I have not heard absolutely everything Giuliani ever uttered so I can't say with certainty that he hasn't sometimes lost coherency, but nothing that I have heard indicates it.

Comment

I don't think anyone disputes that in anything close to a perfect world Biden at 78 would not be our next president. But Biden's supposed symptoms of dementia are all ones Trump also displays in at least similar measure. Forgetting words (how many times did Trump call hypersonic missles "hydrosonic")? Getting names wrong (he called Matt Gaetz Rick Gates multiple times while looking right at him)? Occasional unsmoothness in talking (how many times has Trump garbled a word in a way I've never personally seen others do)? So it's just not enough to point at those things and say that proves dementia.

Here's a friendly wager -- we're far more likely to get some confirmation of Trump having dementia before we get confirmation of Biden having it. It's a bit of an unfair bet though since Biden would be fairly protected from such an official diagnosis by virtue of being president whereas Trump will have a lot of motivation to argue for medical leniency in various matters. I also don't think we're likely to get any official confirmation for either of them any time soon though.
                                I'm not familiar with the Trump instances you mention so I can't comment on them.

Assuming all is true, however, this would be a good argument for Americans to stop electing the elderly for president.

Comment