Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans, What Will Satisfy You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    So...you will never be satisfied. You'll continue to take the obsession about fraud through the next four years, despite the complete absence of evidence for the claim. Perfectly reasonable.

To a Trumpite.
    We need to remember we are dealing with the mindset of cult members. Trumpism is beyond politics. I would not be surprised if some of his cult followers go full Waco in the next few years.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

So...you will never be satisfied. You'll continue to take the obsession about fraud through the next four years, despite the complete absence of evidence for the claim. Perfectly reasonable.

To a Trumpite.
      That is so cute.

What "obsession"?

I'm just hoping the TDS Cult will stop whining and crying.

I don't think that will be the case because you are still whining!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

That is so cute.

What "obsession"?

Really! If there is a "cult" on this board it is the TDS cult. The hypocrisy, projection and delirium of these people is astounding.

Oh, and Trump ("Putin's puppet") just pissed Putin off again today while pulling out of the Open Skies agreement. The eyes of TDS cult members will just glaze over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Really! If there is a "cult" on this board it is the TDS cult. The hypocrisy, projection and delirium of these people is astounding.

Oh, and Trump ("Putin's puppet") just pissed Putin off again today while pulling out of the Open Skies agreement. The eyes of TDS cult members will just glaze over.
          The Cult of Hillary is still alive and well, the Cult of Trump Derangement Syndrome will still be going strong for the next four years.

This posters thread was designed to get his little point out there...""lookie lookie, they will never get over it!!!!"

Rational people got over dingbat barak, they'll get over dimwit joey.

But not so the liberal, they will agitate until their heads explode.

Comment

That is so cute.

What "obsession"?
            The obsession you have with this 'fraudulent' election, despite the lack of any evidence for fraud.

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Sorry, but pointing out that Trumpites' claims are completely unsupported is not whining. One might well say that complaining about a 'fraudulent' election when there is no evidence of such fraud, however, is.
            America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

The Cult of Hillary is still alive and well, the Cult of Trump Derangement Syndrome will still be going strong for the next four years.

This posters thread was designed to get his little point out there...""lookie lookie, they will never get over it!!!!"
              False. You cannot read my mind and your imagined motive is incorrect.

Rational people got over dingbat barak, they'll get over dimwit joey.
              Sadly, we're by no means sure that the irrational Trumpites will get over losing this election.

But not so the liberal, they will agitate until their heads explode.
              It's not the liberals running around claiming fraud in the election...and claiming they'll have the proof for that fraud soon. Real soon. Any day now...
              America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

False. You cannot read my mind and your imagined motive is incorrect.

Sadly, we're by no means sure that the irrational Trumpites will get over losing this election.

It's not the liberals running around claiming fraud in the election...and claiming they'll have the proof for that fraud soon. Real soon. Any day now...
                Reminds me of all the different ends to the Trump administration that were predicted.

Always ended by Dr. Claw yelling "I'll get you next time Trump....NEXT TIME!" before hitting Mad Cat and flying away in his flying car...

Comment

What leads you to believe that Putin is unhappy about us pulling out of Open Skies?

How can leaving a treaty which has served to reduce the risk of nuclear war possibly be less important than getting one over on those of us who fear nuclear war?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

What leads you to believe that Putin is unhappy about us pulling out of Open Skies?
                    Because Russia wasn't honoring the treaty. It took advantage of it to observe (spy on) US and Europe military installations, but it wasn't reciprocating. So Trump pulled out. They're pissed.

https://www.rt.com/russia/507497-us-...en-skies-deal/

How can leaving a treaty which has served to reduce the risk of nuclear war possibly be less important than getting one over on those of us who fear nuclear war?
                    It does no such thing. "Open Skies" allowed nations to observe troop and weapons movements and where they're stationed, etc. The US can do that with satellites

Comment

Because Russia wasn't honoring the treaty. It took advantage of it to observe (spy on) US and Europe military installations, but it wasn't reciprocating. So Trump pulled out. They're pissed.

https://www.rt.com/russia/507497-us-...en-skies-deal/
                      You can't on one hand say you generally disbelieve news sources, as you did in this thread or some other thread over the past couple of days, and then expect me to take seriously something you link to on a Russian propaganda site. Please show some consistency. And even your link says that the fact that Russia did not reciprocate was without evidence as have other sources I just checked.

It does no such thing. "Open Skies" allowed nations to observe troop and weapons movements and where they're stationed, etc. The US can do that with satellites
                      The original intent of Open Skies was to avert a nuclear escalation. Obviously any misunderstanding with conventional weapons could easily lead to nuclear weapons being used.

Comment

You can't on one hand say you generally disbelieve news sources, as you did in this thread or some other thread over the past couple of days, and then expect me to take seriously something you link to on a Russian propaganda site. Please show some consistency.
                        You can't be serious. I only linked to the Russian propaganda article because it is a Russian propaganda article. Who better to say the Russian government is angry than the Russian government propaganda site?

It's called "discernment". I consider the source and double check stories if they are reporting something new. If the New York Times says an anonymous source says Trump kicked a puppy, I disregard it. If the media arm of the Russian government is in a snit about something Trump does, I assume they are legitimately in a snit. Any other conclusion would suggest a conspiracy.

And even your link says that the fact that Russia did not reciprocate was without evidence as have other sources I just checked.
                        Of course they would say that. You think the Russian propaganda arm is going to say something different?

The original intent of Open Skies was to avert a nuclear escalation. Obviously any misunderstanding with conventional weapons could easily lead to nuclear weapons being used.
                        {{{sigh}}}

The POINT is: The Left can't squeal about a Trump/Russia collusion - and in the same breath say Trump is wrongfully treating Russia. Pick one. Which is it?

Comment

You can't be serious. I only linked to the Russian propaganda article because it is a Russian propaganda article. Who better to say the Russian government is angry than the Russian government propaganda site?
                          Literally any site which isn't a known propaganda site would be a better reference than rt.

It's called "discernment". I consider the source and double check stories if they are reporting something new. If the New York Times says an anonymous source says Trump kicked a puppy, I disregard it. If the media arm of the Russian government is in a snit about something Trump does, I assume they are legitimately in a snit. Any other conclusion would suggest a conspiracy.
                          So when Russian TV says Trump is in their pocket we should disbelieve them because they are saying something "positive" for the Russian government but if they claim they are unhappy about something (while putting in zero effort to actual address the alleged violations of the treaty) we should trust them implicitly?

Of course they would say that. You think the Russian propaganda arm is going to say something different?
                          So we should trust part of what they say but not other parts of what they say? How can you confidently separate truth from propaganda on a known propaganda site? How is that displaying "discernment"?

{{{sigh}}}

The POINT is: The Left can't squeal about a Trump/Russia collusion - and in the same breath say Trump is wrongfully treating Russia. Pick one. Which is it?
                          Trump is giving Russia what they want. Russia is claiming they're mad but what have they done to actually address the areas where they are supposedly violating the treaty? They had six months to try to salvage this. Did they do so? If not why do you think that is?
                          Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-23-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Literally any site which isn't a known propaganda site would be a better reference than rt.
                            Not on this. Or when reporting on news when the MSM blacks it out (i.e. Tommy Robinson). And anyway, most of the articles on RT are unedited from Reuters.

So when Russian TV says Trump is in their pocket we should disbelieve them because they are saying something "positive" for the Russian government but if they claim they are unhappy about something (while putting in zero effort to actual address the alleged violations of the treaty) we should trust them implicitly?
                            RT stands for Russia Today. If they said Trump was in their pocket, I would be worried. But they've never said that.

So we should trust part of what they say but not other parts of what they say?
                            It depends on what the subject is.

How can you confidently separate truth from propaganda on a known propaganda site? How is that displaying "discernment"?
                            That is the entire purpose of discernment, to separate the wheat from the chaff. If RT says "everything we report is a lie" will your head explode? RT will honestly report on things that they believe puts the west in a bad light. Things that put Russia in a bad light are ignored.

Trump is giving Russia what they want. Russia is claiming they're mad but what have they done to actually address the areas where they are supposedly violating the treaty? They had six months to try to salvage this. Did they do so? If not why do you think that is?
                            Russia cheats often, on just about every treaty we've ever had with them. Every president, from Reagan to Obama, has made claims of cheating. There's nothing new here.

Yes, the Russian government is upset because they were at a strategic advantage by using Open Skies but disallowing others to do the same. That just ended for them. Russia is historically and notoriously secretive and Open Skies would never work for them. Do you recall KAL 007?

Comment

RT stands for Russia Today. If they said Trump was in their pocket, I would be worried. But they've never said that.
                              This is special pleading. Why should we trust this propaganda site but not the others? Why should we even give a second glance at a news site which we know is not interested in actually reporting the news? Can you really find no more credible source on this topic than them?

That is the entire purpose of discernment, to separate the wheat from the chaff. If RT says "everything we report is a lie" will your head explode? RT will honestly report on things that they believe puts the west in a bad light. Things that put Russia in a bad light are ignored.
                              How can you tell the difference between actual propaganda on rt and them just begging us not to throw them in the briar patch? You even said you don't accept some of the claims from that very article.

Russia cheats often, on just about every treaty we've ever had with them. Every president, from Reagan to Obama, has made claims of cheating. There's nothing new here.
                              Then the evidence that they routinely cheated on Open Skies should be easy to find. And Russia's attempts to address these issues over the past 6 months should likewise be easy to find. So where is it?

Yes, the Russian government is upset because they were at a strategic advantage by using Open Skies but disallowing others to do the same. That just ended for them. Russia is historically and notoriously secretive and Open Skies would never work for them. Do you recall KAL 007?
                              Where is the evidence that they cheated on this treaty? I didn't look hard but I didn't see it laid out either.

Think this through -- you claimed that the USA can get everything it wants from spy satellites and Open Skies is totally redundant for us. In that case why wouldn't Russia comply with the treaty to keep it alive? It sounds like it would cost them nothing to do so yet provided them useful information.

Comment

This is special pleading. Why should we trust this propaganda site but not the others? Why should we even give a second glance at a news site which we know is not interested in actually reporting the news? Can you really find no more credible source on this topic than them?

How can you tell the difference between actual propaganda on rt and them just begging us not to throw them in the briar patch? You even said you don't accept some of the claims from that very article.

Then the evidence that they routinely cheated on Open Skies should be easy to find. And Russia's attempts to address these issues over the past 6 months should likewise be easy to find. So where is it?

Where is the evidence that they cheated on this treaty? I didn't look hard but I didn't see it laid out either.
                                You don't seem to do well with nuance so I don't want to continue down this path. Suffice to say, I read everything using discernment. I apply common sense to news stories and consider the source.

Think this through -- you claimed that the USA can get everything it wants from spy satellites and Open Skies is totally redundant for us.
                                Most everything, yes, although satellite surveillance may be a bit slower than using reconnaissance flights.

In that case why wouldn't Russia comply with the treaty to keep it alive? It sounds like it would cost them nothing to do so yet provided them useful information.
                                Russians have had spy satellites as long (maybe longer) than we have, so they aren't really at a disadvantage. Open Skies was only useful to them if it was a one-way street because it gave them an advantage. If their only other option was to open up their airspace equally to the west, then I assume they'd rather go back to satellites than have western aircraft flying over their military installations. Again, Russia has a very paranoid history when it comes to being secretive. None of this surprises me.

Comment