Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump now on "Plan C"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    There is no evidence of fraud. Mail-in ballots have been used and are secure for decades and there is no evidence they were insecure this time.
    "Mail-in ballots" or absentee ballots? There's a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

As I said, you see fraud because you are predisposed to see it.
      And the reverse is also true.

The truth is the election was secure and accurate, as was announced by the office whose job it was to oversee it, and as has been seen in a Georgia hand audit, and likely will be seen again tomorrow with the recount result.
      A hand audit only counts the same suspect ballots again. I'm not disputing the tally of all ballots.

It's all just a big con where the good faith of those supporting Trump is being leveraged to sow discontent and to raise money for Trump.

Basically you're just another mark in Trump's big con. And when/if you ever wake up, that morning after hangover is going to be a doozey
      One day you'll wake up and say "Gee, my blind hatred of Trump caused me to dismiss election corruption, and here we are years later and the problem is worse - and my candidate lost this time!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

And this isn't a court. This is a discussion board. Should we start presenting "evidence" of faith, like your "Bahai"? If it doesn't stand up in court then that's all that counts.
        We ar enot talking about religious belief which is subjective. Changing the subject gets you no where.

For evidence in the legal system to be considered valid it must be decided in a court of law. All other claims like yours remain anecdotal at best.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

We ar enot talking about religious belief which is subjective. Changing the subject gets you no where.
          You're the one changing the subject. I made a statement about belief and you started asking for evidence. I already said what my belief is based on.

For evidence in the legal system
          BZZZT! This isn't the legal system.

Comment

Your post said "mail-in ballots". That's what I'm responding to.
            America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

One day you'll wake up and say "Gee, my blind hatred of Trump caused me to dismiss election corruption, and here we are years later and the problem is worse - and my candidate lost this time!"
              One day you'll wake up and say "Gee, my blind adoration of Trump caused me to imagine election corruption, and here we are years later and the problem is worse - who cares which candidate won or lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                Your post said "mail-in ballots". That's what I'm responding to.
                Where have mail-in ballots been used for decades?

Comment

And the reverse is also true.

A hand audit only counts the same suspect ballots again. I'm not disputing the tally of all ballots.

Trump is a con and a manipulator. Just think Trump University. You've been duped by him into rejecting all sources of information not repeating his lies. But the election officials and judges all across this nation have not. And, republican or democrat, they are uniformly tossing these crackpot claims.

For the fantasy you believe to be true, there would need to be a nationwide conspiracy that had infiltrated nearly all participants in the judiciary and civil service and volunteers associated with conducting this election in all challenged cities, counties, or states - tens if not hundreds of thousands - and leaving only a small remnant not so infected that Giuliani et al have managed to enlist. Hundreds of thousands of ballots would need to be faked and delivered either through the mail or covertly with nearly all involved doing the deed or observing the actions silent. Judges willing to ignore real evidence in court after court. It is an impossible dream, a fantasy. The reality is that inside the courtroom Giuliani and his cronies cannot say what they say to you through your preferred outlets - because such lies would mean disbarment. Yet you lap it up. And the fact you can still be buying into it only shows why things like the Salem witch trials or the various massacres throughout the ages stemming from fear, rumor, and superstition could have taken place. When a people become motivated by fear and paranoia rather than facts and evidence, all manner of evil is possible. And when leaders are willing to manipulate that same superstition, fear, and paranoia to their own ends, we then sit on a precipice we should never have been within 100yards of.

But I will continue to try to point out the preposterous and hope that at some point these words will hit their mark.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-04-2020, 10:59 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Interesting little article.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absente...ail-in-ballot/
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Where have mail-in ballots been used for decades?
                      Arizona, for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        But I will continue to try to point out the preposterous and hope that at some point these words will hit their mark.
                        You needn't bother because your post was nothing but condemnations about a person we all know you hate with every fiber of your being. I've read it all before.

Like saying "OJ killed his wife because he's a nasty person" instead of "OJ killed his wife because her blood was on his clothes." You lean toward the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                          One day you'll wake up and say "Gee, my blind adoration of Trump caused me to imagine election corruption, and here we are years later and the problem is worse - who cares which candidate won or lost"
                          We'll see. I hope there wasn't any fraud but I think it will unravel in the coming months, and then something needs to be done about it so it never happens again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                            Arizona, for one.
                            One big difference already: Mail-in voting is requested, in much the same way absentee ballots are requested (regardless of what they call it). Some swing states in 2020 sent out unsolicited ballots as mail-in.

https://azsos.gov/votebymail

Comment

We'll see. I hope there wasn't any fraud but I think it will unravel in the coming months, and then something needs to be done about it so it never happens again.
                              If it does "unravel in the coming months" then I strongly agree, and those guilty must be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and I don't care whether they are President or paeon, Democrat or Republican.

Comment

You're the one changing the subject. I made a statement about belief and you started asking for evidence. I already said what my belief is based on.

BZZZT! This isn't the legal system.

No it is not the legal system, but the only meaningful 'evidence' in the discussion is in the context of whether it is meaningful in the courts. So far the Republican lawyers have not presented any meaningful 'evidence' in court, because all the cases presented involving fraud have been rejected as without "merit nor evidence."
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-04-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment