Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump now on "Plan C"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or Wisconsin where Trump had a healthy lead throughout the entire evening until around 4am when China Joe suddenly got a statistically inexplicable dump of nearly 200,000 votes that gave him a narrow lead for the remainder of the count.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...wisconsin.html
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN27Q307

The posts claim that 140,000 ballots for Biden were found in Wisconsin on the night of Nov. 3 to Nov. 4.

There was a jump in votes for Biden on the night of Nov. 3 to Nov. 4, but this was because Milwaukee County, home to the largest city in the states of Wisconsin, reported its 170,000 absentee votes, which were overwhelmingly Democrat ( here ).

FiveThirtyEight published a graph of the jump in votes in Wisconsin at 8:27 a.m. EST on Nov. 4 on its election live blog (here) alongside this explanation by reporter Maggie Koerth: “Biden was down in Wisconsin before the Milwaukee absentee results came in early this morning. The boost pushed him up past Trump, but the race in this state is still very, very tight.”

FiveThirtyEight told Reuters that it is not true that Biden received all the votes in the overnight dump: “These batches were NOT 100% Biden votes; behind the blue line, there is also a red line representing the thousands of votes Trump gained. There are also counter examples, where Trump’s line shoots up suddenly when a favorable batch of results are reported.”

Now drop this nonsense. If there was any there there then it would have come up in a lawsuit. It didn't because lawyers know that lying to a judge carries the potential of losing their law license among other consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Breakdown done here, using Wayne County voting records.

All of the Michigan lawsuits are dead at this point. Why wasn't this evidence introduced in any of those cases if it's so straightforward?

Comment

WaPo:
        [President Trump received twin blows Friday to his effort to overturn his election defeat, with Georgia officials certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s slim victory there and Michigan Republicans declaring after a White House meeting that they had learned nothing to warrant reversing the outcome in their state.

“We will follow the law and follow the normal process regarding Michigan’s electors, just as we have said throughout this election,” Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey (R) and Speaker of the House Lee Chatfield (R) said in a joint statement issued late Friday.

The developments were a substantial setback for the president after the tumult of Thursday, when his lawyers held a news conference on Capitol Hill and made incendiary and false claims that Biden had rigged the election and proclaimed their intent to aggressively challenge the results.

Trump this week made an extraordinarily personal intervention in Michigan, where his lawyers hope to stall the state’s certification of the vote, set to be considered at a meeting Monday, and get the GOP-controlled legislature to appoint pro-Trump electors to the electoral college. Trump trails Biden in Michigan by about 156,000 votes.

But even after a personal invitation to the White House by the president, the state’s top two GOP lawmakers notably did not endorse his baseless claims of widespread fraud in the state and instead said they used the meeting to press Trump for more coronavirus relief funds.

“We have not yet been made aware of any information that would change the outcome of the election in Michigan,” Shirkey and Chatfield said in their joint statement.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or Wisconsin where Trump had a healthy lead throughout the entire evening until around 4am when China Joe suddenly got a statistically inexplicable dump of nearly 200,000 votes that gave him a narrow lead for the remainder of the count.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...wisconsin.html
          Trump should dump Rudy and hire you instead. $20k per day is a pretty good wage for all that flannel.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
            That breakdown demonstrates 173,000 votes being cast in areas with no registered voters?
            It appears there were (at least) two separate complaints.

The first is that there were 173,000 votes tallied in the middle of the night, almost all for Biden. I believe the explanation for this is that they counted mail-in votes separately from in-person votes, and these 173,000 votes were all mail-in votes. (There were a total of 566,694 mail-in votes, so I would assume the 173,000 was just the first portion of them.) There was some incredulity that the count could be weighted so heavily for Biden, but considering these were mail-in votes (so mostly Democrats) in a county that is very urban (so mostly Democrats) makes it seem pretty reasonable to me.

The second complaint is that the election results only gave the precinct by precinct voter turnout for the in-person votes. The Absent Voter Counting Boards did not just handle mail-in votes from specific precincts, but from all over the county. The lines on which these votes were recorded had a zero in the "registered voters" column, because the AVCB wasn't constrained to a specific number of registered voters. I would have to agree with them that it would be nice to have the total voter turnout for each precinct. Maybe that data exists somewhere, but it wasn't reported.

Comment

Rick Snyder:
              https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000499666300

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

All of the Michigan lawsuits are dead at this point. Why wasn't this evidence introduced in any of those cases if it's so straightforward?
                Maybe it was, I don't know.

With Democrat-appointed Michigan judges, though, it was probably dismissed as inadmissible if it was presented.

Comment

He meant me.
                  Yes, I meant it referring to you and your Giuliani Dementia agenda.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

So, Trump is attempting to use the same legal tactic that proponents of the Interstate National Vote Compact is using to ignore state elections.
                    Nothing is unconstitutional here. In fact I support it. These states just acknowledge the popular vote of the country is the choice of the President by the people. The other states can do what they want. This prevents the potential of the unconstitutional manipulation by the likes of President Trump to fraudulently influence the electors in some states to steal the election.
                    relying on the questionable shacky process of state electors negates the popular vote and the influence of the individual.

Source: https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/written-explanation

Interstate National Vote Compact

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact will guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes across all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Compact ensures that every vote, in every state, will matter in every presidential election. The Compact is a state-based approach that preserves the Electoral College, state control of elections, and the power of the states to control how the President is elected.

The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 16 jurisdictions possessing 196 electoral votes, including 4 small states (DE, HI, RI, VT), 8 medium-sized states (CO, CT, MD, MA, NJ, NM, OR, WA), 3 big states (CA, IL, NY), and the District of Columbia. The bill will take effect when enacted by states with 74 more electoral votes. The bill has passed at least one chamber in 9 additional states with 88 more electoral votes (AR, AZ, ME, MI, MN, NC, NV, OK, VA). A total of 3,408 state legislators from all 50 states have endorsed it.

The shortcomings of the current system of electing the President stem from “winner-take-all” laws that have been enacted by state legislatures in 48 states. These laws award all of a state’s electoral votes to the candidate receiving the most popular votes in each state.

Because of these state winner-take-all statutes, presidential candidates have no reason to pay attention to the issues of concern to voters in states where the statewide outcome is a foregone conclusion. In 2012, as shown on the map, all of the 253 general-election campaign events were in just 12 states, and two-thirds were in just 4 states (Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa). Thirty-eight states were completely ignored.

© Copyright Original Source

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Nothing is unconstitutional here. In fact I support it. These states just acknowledge the popular vote of the country is the choice of the President by the people. The other states can do what they want. This prevents the potential of the unconstitutional manipulation by the likes of President Trump to fraudulently influence the electors in some states to steal the election.
                      relying on the questionable shacky process of state electors negates the popular vote and the influence of the individual.

Source: https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/written-explanation

Interstate National Vote Compact

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact will guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes across all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Compact ensures that every vote, in every state, will matter in every presidential election. The Compact is a state-based approach that preserves the Electoral College, state control of elections, and the power of the states to control how the President is elected.

The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 16 jurisdictions possessing 196 electoral votes, including 4 small states (DE, HI, RI, VT), 8 medium-sized states (CO, CT, MD, MA, NJ, NM, OR, WA), 3 big states (CA, IL, NY), and the District of Columbia. The bill will take effect when enacted by states with 74 more electoral votes. The bill has passed at least one chamber in 9 additional states with 88 more electoral votes (AR, AZ, ME, MI, MN, NC, NV, OK, VA). A total of 3,408 state legislators from all 50 states have endorsed it.

The shortcomings of the current system of electing the President stem from “winner-take-all” laws that have been enacted by state legislatures in 48 states. These laws award all of a state’s electoral votes to the candidate receiving the most popular votes in each state.

Because of these state winner-take-all statutes, presidential candidates have no reason to pay attention to the issues of concern to voters in states where the statewide outcome is a foregone conclusion. In 2012, as shown on the map, all of the 253 general-election campaign events were in just 12 states, and two-thirds were in just 4 states (Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa). Thirty-eight states were completely ignored.

© Copyright Original Source

You realize that the same legal justification underpins both, right? That the legislatures can appoint electors how they see fit.

The fact that the national vote compact ignores the will of the state voters in order to substitute a different preference is irrelevant to that fact.

Comment

You realize that the same legal justification underpins both, right? That the legislatures can appoint electors how they see fit.

The fact that the national vote compact ignores the will of the state voters in order to substitute a different preference is irrelevant to that fact.
                        Except the popular rules. It acknowledges the election preference by the vote of the majority of the people.

Frank

Comment

Except the popular rules. It acknowledges the election preference by the vote of the majority of the people.
                          Which doesn't change the action. And blue states are only supporting it because they think it'll help them win power.

Comment

Which doesn't change the action. And blue states are only supporting it because they think it'll help them win power.
                            It helps who ever wins the popular vote win the election. If the Republicans cannot with the popular vote of the people it is the problem of the Republicans.

Frank

Comment

I didn't see anything near 173,000 myself (he scrolled through it rather fast) but I did see a major problem with that tally sheet from those districts.
                              There was nothing official nor reliable about this reference.

Frank

Comment

It helps who ever wins the popular vote win the election. If the Republicans cannot with the popular vote of the people it is the problem of the Republicans.
                                Which isn't what I said at all, you have a big problem with strawmen arguments.

Comment