Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What happened to Giuliani in court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Giuliani in court?

Where is Giuliani's head.

Source: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/11/rudy-giuliani-has-shocker-first-day-in-court-trying-to-overturn-us-election-results.html

Rudy Giuliani has shocker first day in court trying to overturn US election results

Rudy Giuliani's first appearance in a courtroom as a lawyer in nearly three decades did not go well, if reports are anything to go by.

The 76-year-old former New York Mayor, who was a prosecutor before going into politics, has taken over US President Donald Trump's legal fight to overturn the result of the presidential election, which he lost to Joe Biden. His appointment came after other lawyers representing the Trump campaign quit.

Giuliani, who last represented a client in court in 1992 before becoming Mayor of New York City, reportedly struggled in presenting Trump's case in a Pennsylvania court on Tuesday (US time).

The Associated Press reports the "rusty" veteran "fiddled with his Twitter account", forgot the names of the the judge and opposing counsel, struggled to answer questions and at one point forgot the meaning of the word 'opacity', confusing it for transparency - the opposite.

"I'm not quite sure I know what opacity means," he told the judge, after complaining Republican observers were "denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity".

"It probably means you can see, right?" he asked.

"It means you can't," the judge told him.

Giuliani mistook the judge for another in a separate case the Trump campaign filed, and tripped up on basic questions around the law, one of his colleagues having to step in to take over.

He claimed voter fraud had taken place, but didn't provide evidence, and was forced to acknowledge the case before the courts wasn't technically even about fraud. The case is alleging voters were allowed to make corrections to ballots that might otherwise have been disqualified on a technicality, US media reports - not fraud.

"I sat there dumbfounded because the story presented by Mr Giuliani bore no relationship to the actual complaint in the case," said Mark Aronchick, who's representing Pennsylvania, which wants to certify its results giving Biden the win.

"There is no merit for their claims, there is nothing on fraud, there is nothing on illegal votes," state Attorney-General Josh Shapiro told CNN, saying it was time for Guiliani and his "gang of sycophants" to move on.

"They don't even have standing to bring these claims; it's law school 101, and you would think Rudy Giuliani would have known that."

The Trump campaign has lost a string of lawsuits intended to reverse the results of the election. Previous investigations have found no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the US.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

I think one of Trump's bigger mistakes was hiring Giuliani in any capacity. To me, he's lost capability since he left being mayor of NYC.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      I think one of Trump's bigger mistakes was hiring Giuliani in any capacity. To me, he's lost capability since he left being mayor of NYC.
      Dementia
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Where is Giuliani's head.
        I agree that Giuliani's recent behavior indicates that he is not well, but at least he admitted in court that he wasn't claiming fraud, as the following exchange from the Pennsylvania court case makes clear:

JUDGE: Does the amended complaint plead fraud with particularity?
        GIULIANI: No, your honor

As an aside, I can't believe that I was a a supporter of Giuliani during his 2008 presidential run.
        "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
        "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Dementia
          I think so. Not as bad as Biden's, but definitely enough to be noticeable.

Comment

I bet everyone ridiculing Giuliani voted for this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Biden is not trying to make his case in court and cannot remember the name of the judge, and tweeted during the hearing. Other lawyers had to take over. Despite you claiming Giuliani did not loose a case he lost this one and all previous cases decided in the courts involving the accusation of fraud.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I think so. Not as bad as Biden's, but definitely enough to be noticeable.
                Not a chance, Giuliani acting like this in court, and you all trying desperately trying to assert he presented 'evidence' of fraud, is beyond even Trump's slip ups in speeches.

Again. where's the evidence? No case filed by Trump or the Republican party on accusations of fraud has been won.

Frank

Comment

Not a chance, Giuliani acting like this in court, and you all trying desperately trying to assert he presented 'evidence' of fraud, is beyond even Trump's slip ups in speeches.

Again. where's the evidence? No case filed by Trump or the Republican party on accusations of fraud has been won.
                  Who is 'you all'? And what does this have to do with my post, snookums?

Comment

Yes you snookums are included if you felt left out.

Frank

Comment

Yes you snookums are included if you felt left out.
                      And what the blazes does anything have to do with my post, snookums? Try to keep up.

Comment

And what the blazes does anything have to do with my post, snookums? Try to keep up.
                        Comparing Giuliani to Biden. Try to keep up snookums.

Frank

Comment

Not Biden nor Trump behave like Giuliani before the judge and in the news conference.

Frank

Comment

Comparing Giuliani to Biden. Try to keep up snookums.
                            You're right, there is no comparison. Guiliani knows the Declaration of Independence isn't called "the thing."

But none of this matters. What matters is the result. Two more weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I don't know about that. I can certainly assure you that I'm ridiculing Giuliani, and I voted for Biden.
                              America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment