Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The SAFE act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Sorry, CNN censored that evidence.
    There is no evidence to censor.

The world is still waiting for the Trumpites to present it where it counts - a court of law. So far, virtually every attempt at doing so has failed.
    America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
      There is no evidence to censor.

The world is still waiting for the Trumpites to present it where it counts - a court of law. So far, virtually every attempt at doing so has failed.
      There's failing and then there's this.

Attorneys for President Trump’s reelection campaign filed an affidavit in Michigan that cited data from Minnesota counties, The New York Times reported Friday.
      L. Lin Wood, an Atlanta-based lawyer working with the campaign, filed an analysis from ex-GOP congressional candidate Russell Ramslad which reportedly showed unusually high turnout in Democratic areas in Michigan, according to the newspaper.
      However, when the conservative legal blog Power Line reviewed the affidavit, it noticed that a lot of municipalities listed on the documents were located in Minnesota and other parts of the Midwest, according to the Times.

Comment

This is simply ad hominem. While PolitiFact does have a bias, that doesn't mean they're wrong. The article I pointed to involved them consulting with various historians and looking for the source of this. All they could find is a quote that was attributed to Stalin by someone else, but its accuracy is dubious and even that dubious quote isn't quite what you offered up.

If you want to prove PolitiFact wrong, all you have to do is point to where Stalin gave this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
          This is simply ad hominem. While PolitiFact does have a bias, that doesn't mean they're wrong. The article I pointed to involved them consulting with various historians and looking for the source of this. All they could find is a quote that was attributed to Stalin by someone else, but its accuracy is dubious and even that dubious quote isn't quite what you offered up.

If you want to prove PolitiFact wrong, all you have to do is point to where Stalin gave this quote.
          It's not even worth the trouble. My point was the message, not the author.

Comment

Without reading the Safe Act in its entirety, I'd say the idea of paper ballots and manual counting has proven itself to be the only way to go - at this time (no one knows what safeguards will be available or developed in the future).

The Dominion machines are a disgrace. Our country and our elections have really been infiltrated.
            The safe act did not eliminate paper ballots.

The voting machine Dominion bogus controversy has been completely debunked and the machines are always backed up by a paper ballot record for audits and recounts, as in Georgia.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

The safe act did not eliminate paper ballots.

The voting machine Dominion bogus controversy has been completely debunked and the machines are always backed up by a paper ballot record for audits and recounts, as in Georgia.
              Where's your "evidence"?
              Last edited by Ronson; 11-21-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Sorry, CNN censored that evidence.
                Where? Please document!

CNN cannot censure evidence. If there is evidence it is matter of the courts, Republicans have monitored all the elections and have the opportunities to gather and present evidence. So far no credible evidence nor affidavits have been presented to the courts.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I suspect that the SAFE Act would have created as much uncertainty about the outcome across all States as was achieved in some of the most untrustworthy states: Michigan, Wyoming, and Georgia. Standardization can be a problem if the standard is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Where? Please document!

CNN cannot censure evidence. If there is evidence it is matter of the courts, Republicans have monitored all the elections and have the opportunities to gather and present evidence. So far no credible evidence nor affidavits have been presented to the courts.
                    Censor, not censure. And what I meant was: CNN did not show the press conference. They censored it.

Comment

Censor, not censure. And what I meant was: CNN did not show the press conference. They censored it.
                      The press conference is available from many sources including just google 'Giuliani press conference transcript.' Most news sources even FOX did not play the whole news conference on their network.

I read the transcript, and no change concerning the bogus claims of evidence. He claimed there was a centralized conspiracy to commit fraud for a number of states, without presenting evidence, and none sense.

Frank

Comment