Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Newsom latest Democratic politician to flout own coronavirus guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsom latest Democratic politician to flout own coronavirus guidelines

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-latest-democratic-politician-to-flout-own-coronavirus-guidelines

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is the latest of several Democratic leaders who have drawn controversy for appearing to violate their own coronavirus restrictions.

Newsom was spotted at an upscale restaurant earlier this month, where attendees of a birthday party for adviser Jason Kinney were seated closely without face masks. Photos obtained by Fox 11 in Los Angeles showed nearly a dozen people sitting together.
    "The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradicted,” Newsom told Fox 11 in Los Angeles said. “ I need to preach and practice, not just preach.”
    The news comes as Newsom had just announced new coronavirus restrictions this week. These include closing indoor dining in a majority of counties across the state as cases surge in California and across the country.
    Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser was less contrite after traveling to Delaware to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election victory, despite the state being on Bowser's own travel advisory list. Bowser discussed the trip while holding a press conference on Monday, even though her order requires a 14-day quarantine following travel, NBC Washington reported.

Bowser insisted that the restriction does not apply to her situation because it was essential travel.

Another Democratic mayor, Chicago's Lori Lightfoot, also faced backlash for urging residents to take new precautions soon after she had shared video of herself in a crowd and speaking without a mask following the presidential election. Just days later, she announced a "stay-at-home advisory" that says residents should only leave home for work, school, or other "essential needs."

Earlier this year, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was caught maskless while getting hair treatment at a salon indoors, which had been forbidden by local ordinances at the time.

Democratic Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney got called out after he imposed a restriction against indoor dining in his city but was then spotted at a Maryland restaurant. A spokesperson for the mayor told USA Today that the eatery was located in Cecil County, which borders Pennsylvania.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

You've got to wonder. If they don't really believe the covid risks they're touting to justify these extreme actions are real, what are these drastic governmental actions really for exactly, especially considering they're getting so much pushback for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-latest-democratic-politician-to-flout-own-coronavirus-guidelines

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is the latest of several Democratic leaders who have drawn controversy for appearing to violate their own coronavirus restrictions.

Newsom was spotted at an upscale restaurant earlier this month, where attendees of a birthday party for adviser Jason Kinney were seated closely without face masks. Photos obtained by Fox 11 in Los Angeles showed nearly a dozen people sitting together.
      "The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradicted,” Newsom told Fox 11 in Los Angeles said. “ I need to preach and practice, not just preach.”
      The news comes as Newsom had just announced new coronavirus restrictions this week. These include closing indoor dining in a majority of counties across the state as cases surge in California and across the country.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser was less contrite after traveling to Delaware to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election victory, despite the state being on Bowser's own travel advisory list. Bowser discussed the trip while holding a press conference on Monday, even though her order requires a 14-day quarantine following travel, NBC Washington reported.

Bowser insisted that the restriction does not apply to her situation because it was essential travel.

Another Democratic mayor, Chicago's Lori Lightfoot, also faced backlash for urging residents to take new precautions soon after she had shared video of herself in a crowd and speaking without a mask following the presidential election. Just days later, she announced a "stay-at-home advisory" that says residents should only leave home for work, school, or other "essential needs."

Earlier this year, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was caught maskless while getting hair treatment at a salon indoors, which had been forbidden by local ordinances at the time.

Democratic Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney got called out after he imposed a restriction against indoor dining in his city but was then spotted at a Maryland restaurant. A spokesperson for the mayor told USA Today that the eatery was located in Cecil County, which borders Pennsylvania.
      I recently posted a picture of him from mid Spring without a mask taking side-by-side selfie picture at some event along with numerous others.

ETA: My bad that was Virginia's Ralph Northam. You can see them here: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ts#post1205754
      Last edited by rogue06; 11-18-2020, 03:29 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here is a picture of Newsome (on the far left, ). Apparently he originally claimed that the birthday celebration was conducted outdoors which if true, then this pictures reveal that is certainly not the case.

35826882-8961441-image-m-24_1605717181723.jpg

ETA: It appears a bit more complicated. It looks like Newsome's group was primarily outside but the staff closed them off because they became boisterous

35822634-8961441-This_is_the_dining_room_where_Gavin_Newsom_ate_on_November_6_wit-a-18_1605717111279.jpg

This is where they were which apparently can be closed off with french doors, which when done placed the party inside. Still, none of the at least 10 attendees wore a mask.
        Last edited by rogue06; 11-18-2020, 05:54 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

no different than the liberals whining about Trump rallies being super spreader events and ignoring street riots.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Here is a picture of Newsome (on the far left, ). Apparently he originally claimed that the birthday celebration was conducted outdoors which if true, then this pictures reveal that is certainly not the case.

35826882-8961441-image-m-24_1605717181723.jpg

ETA: It appears a bit more complicated. It looks like Newsome's group was primarily outside but the staff closed them off because they became boisterous

35822634-8961441-This_is_the_dining_room_where_Gavin_Newsom_ate_on_November_6_wit-a-18_1605717111279.jpg

This is where they were which apparently can be closed off with french doors, which when done placed the party inside. Still, none of the at least 10 attendees wore a mask.
            I read this morning that several of those people were executives in the California Health Department or something similar...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I read this morning that several of those people were executives in the California Health Department or something similar...

Source: California doctors' top brass attended French Laundry dinner with Newsom

California Medical Association officials were among the guests seated next to Gov. Gavin Newsom at a top California political operative’s opulent birthday dinner at the French Laundry restaurant this month.

CEO Dustin Corcoran and top CMA lobbyist Janus Norman both joined the dinner at the French Laundry, an elite Napa fine dining restaurant, to celebrate the 50th birthday of lobbyist and longtime Newsom adviser Jason Kinney, a representative of the powerful interest group confirmed Wednesday morning.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The dinner where no masks are seen, and the diners are in close quarters with no social distancing, took place just a couple hours after the governor pushed state guidelines discouraging gatherings of more than three households. So it looks like besides violating mask and social distancing guidelines he also gathered with people from multiple households breaking the very rules that he has been preaching

Comment

Source: California doctors' top brass attended French Laundry dinner with Newsom

California Medical Association officials were among the guests seated next to Gov. Gavin Newsom at a top California political operative’s opulent birthday dinner at the French Laundry restaurant this month.

CEO Dustin Corcoran and top CMA lobbyist Janus Norman both joined the dinner at the French Laundry, an elite Napa fine dining restaurant, to celebrate the 50th birthday of lobbyist and longtime Newsom adviser Jason Kinney, a representative of the powerful interest group confirmed Wednesday morning.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The dinner where no masks are seen, and the diners are in close quarters with no social distancing, took place just a couple hours after the governor pushed state guidelines discouraging gatherings of more than three households. So it looks like besides violating mask and social distancing guidelines he also gathered with people from multiple households breaking the very rules that he has been preaching

I would be surprised if Democrat politicians WEREN'T hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I would be surprised if Democrat politicians WEREN'T hypocrites.
                  In all fairness, FIFY

Comment

no different than the liberals whining about Trump rallies being super spreader events and ignoring street riots.
                    Not to mention claiming that they actually served to slow the spread of the virus.

Comment

LOL, by making people too afraid to leave their homes. Good job liberals!

Comment

Oh, and it wasn't just Newsome's hypocritical butt that was at that dinner, it was MULTIPLE high-brass officials of the California Medical Association that were there.

Shows you just how worried they actually are, whilst trying to tell people they can't have Thanksgiving together, can't open their businesses, etc..

"Restrictions for thee but not for me"

Comment

EDIT: I think I misread this. MY bad.
                          Last edited by Gondwanaland; 11-19-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

But it is different in the sense that these Dems are putting their own health directly at risk. There's no dispute that they're political hypocrites and phonies, this we already know and they demonstrate it on a continuous basis. But in all these cases pointed out by the OP, they're actually risking their own health of something they insist we live in abject fear of. So the only conclusion is that they don't really take covid as serious as they're pretending to. Then the obvious question from that is why?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Oh, and it wasn't just Newsome's hypocritical butt that was at that dinner, it was MULTIPLE high-brass officials of the California Medical Association that were there.

Shows you just how worried they actually are, whilst trying to tell people they can't have Thanksgiving together, can't open their businesses, etc..

"Restrictions for thee but not for me"
                              1EnMeIhNXcAAOiyp.jpg

Comment