Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Credit where credit is due ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit where credit is due ...

Operation Warp Speed. These vaccines appear to be quite good and have been developed in record time. This is something Trump and the Trump Administration did right.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Operation Warp Speed. These vaccines appear to be quite good and have been developed in record time. This is something Trump and the Trump Administration did right.

That is mighty magnanimous of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

That is mighty magnanimous of you.
      Damned if you do. Damned if you don't?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't?
        Always. It is one thing to play the peacemaker between men and God. Quite another to play peacemaker between angry political parties. Herding cats would be monumentally easier. Good luck.

​​​​​​And you are correct, in this world is only the damned. That is why Christ said to come out of it.

Comment

Wow I bet that was really hard for you to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Wow I bet that was really hard for you to admit.
            Not even a little bit. In some ways I feel that the uncritical adulation of Trump by his supporters kept him from being a better president. He has some good qualities, perserverence, the capacity to go with what he is driven to do regardless of what those around him say - but he has a lot of bad ones too. Too many to allow him to operate unrestrained, which is what the Trumpsters and the GOP have done. He's like a great athlete that never learned discipline and was never trained. Who had crowds cheering everything he did so he ignored those that could help him actually achieve greatness. One who was never made to face certain realities and as a result his gifts were channeled in very destructive and selfish ways. To be fair, at 70+, he'd have been hard to train, maybe untrainable. But going along with his every whim and compromising every moral principle that formed this nation in the process was not how to do it.

Nevertheless, the work done to get these vaccines made quickly and apparently correctly will benefit everyone in the world. No small accomplishment.

Comment

The Trump administration team that got the job done was led by Fauci, who's getting death threats because of Trump.

Comment

Trump/Pence should also take credit for this:
                “I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.

“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

+ no new wars
                  + USMCA
                  (also heralded by the Left when they aren't frothing)

But I agree with Sparko. That must have been difficult for you. Kudos

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The Trump administration team that got the job done was led by Fauci, who's getting death threats because of Trump.
                    Not denying that. In fact, I've made those points for 4 years+ now, alongside you. Nevertheless, this is win for all of us.

Comment

I would not be so magnanimous, and I give the credit to science. Donald Trump was, if anything late to respond himself. Science has been working on this particular class of coronaviruses at least since SARS. When Trmp announced is program science was on the ground running all over the world. The speed of coming up with vaccines and other treatments for COVID-19 are the responsibility of science.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I would not be so magnanimous, and I give the credit to science. Donald Trump was, if anything late to respond himself. Science has been working on this particular class of coronaviruses at least since SARS. When Trmp announced is program science was on the ground running all over the world. The speed of coming up with vaccines and other treatments for COVID-19 are the responsibility of science.
                        It's still their program and they did a good bit of work to make it possible. I understand the reluctance to give them credit for this when they did so much to allow the virus to rage out of control as it is now, and are doing nothing to help slow it down as it rages. BUT, we'd be more than a year away AFAICT from this sort of success. So it is only fair we give credit where credit is due.

Even Chris Cuomo gave Tump a bravo for this while excoriating him for interfering with the transition and not dealing with the current surge

Comment

It's still their program and they did a good bit of work to make it possible.
                          No it is not. It was a scientific program before the Trump was in office, before the COVID-19 pandemic, and before the flu pandemic under Obama, and before SARS.. In fact Obama immediately turned to science and said get to work!

I understand the reluctance to give them credit for this when they did so much to allow the virus to rage out of control as it is now, and are doing nothing to help slow it down as it rages. BUT, we'd be more than a year away AFAICT from this sort of success. So it is only fair we give credit where credit is due.
                          Yes credit where credit is due to the scientific and medical community on the front lines when Trump denied the pandemic and has ridiculed the measures to reduce the case and fatality rate until vaccines can be developed. Boy! Was he ever disappointed when the vaccine was not available before Nov. 3.

Even Chris Cuomo gave Tump a bravo for this while excoriating him for interfering with the transition and not dealing with the current surge
                          No bravo or one hand clap from me. He never effectively dealt with the pandemic.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I agree. Give him an A for Operation Warp Speed.

His response to the pandemic overall still doesn't average out to a passing grade, though.

So glad to see him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I agree. Give him an A for Operation Warp Speed.

His response to the pandemic overall still doesn't average out to a passing grade, though.

So glad to see him go.
                              Correct. It is quite the paradox.

Comment