Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump says DHS cybersecurity chief Chris Krebs has been terminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump says DHS cybersecurity chief Chris Krebs has been terminated

This deserved its own thread.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/17/trump-says-us-cybersecurity-chief-chris-krebs-has-been-terminated.html

Amanda Macias

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump announced Tuesday on Twitter that he has “terminated” top U.S. cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs.

In a pair of tweets, Trump said that Krebs gave a “highly inaccurate” statement about the security of the 2020 presidential election.

Trump, who has not yet conceded to president-elect Joe Biden, alleged that the election was riddled with “massive improprieties and fraud.” Twitter labeled the president’s tweets with a warning citing the claim about election fraud is disputed.

Krebs, who heads the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, is responsible for leading the effort to protect U.S. elections. He has previously said that there is no evidence the elections were compromised by foreign interference.

Read more: No signs of hacks on computers used to record and tally votes, says top U.S. election protection official

Earlier on Tuesday, Krebs tweeted from his government account, “On allegations that election systems were manipulated, 59 election security experts all agree, “in every case of which we are aware, these claims either have been unsubstantiated or are technically incoherent.”

Less than an hour after Trump tweeted about his firing, Krebs wrote from his personal Twitter account that he was “honored to serve.”

He is the latest Trump administration official to depart on the heels of the election.

Last week, Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper via Twitter and replaced him with Christopher Miller, director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

On the heels of Esper’s removal, a Trump administration official told CNBC’s Eamon Javers that “I assume FBI and CIA are next,” referring to FBI Director Christopher Wray and CIA Director Gina Haspel.

The Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The latest revelation comes as Trump has rejected the results of the U.S. presidential election. Other top administration officials, such as Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have publicly insisted that the election is not over.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/17/trump-says-us-cybersecurity-chief-chris-krebs-has-been-terminated.html

Amanda Macias

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump announced Tuesday on Twitter that he has “terminated” top U.S. cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs.

In a pair of tweets, Trump said that Krebs gave a “highly inaccurate” statement about the security of the 2020 presidential election.

Trump, who has not yet conceded to president-elect Joe Biden, alleged that the election was riddled with “massive improprieties and fraud.” Twitter labeled the president’s tweets with a warning citing the claim about election fraud is disputed.

Krebs, who heads the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, is responsible for leading the effort to protect U.S. elections. He has previously said that there is no evidence the elections were compromised by foreign interference.

Read more: No signs of hacks on computers used to record and tally votes, says top U.S. election protection official

Earlier on Tuesday, Krebs tweeted from his government account, “On allegations that election systems were manipulated, 59 election security experts all agree, “in every case of which we are aware, these claims either have been unsubstantiated or are technically incoherent.”

Less than an hour after Trump tweeted about his firing, Krebs wrote from his personal Twitter account that he was “honored to serve.”

He is the latest Trump administration official to depart on the heels of the election.

Last week, Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper via Twitter and replaced him with Christopher Miller, director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

On the heels of Esper’s removal, a Trump administration official told CNBC’s Eamon Javers that “I assume FBI and CIA are next,” referring to FBI Director Christopher Wray and CIA Director Gina Haspel.

The Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The latest revelation comes as Trump has rejected the results of the U.S. presidential election. Other top administration officials, such as Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have publicly insisted that the election is not over.

© Copyright Original Source

he's unhinged, out for nothing more or less than revenge against those that would not yield to his wishes, and should be removed per the 25th amendment before he does anymore damage to the country.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You've really got to admire people like Chris Krebs who are willing to stand up to Trump, no matter what the consequences. Hopefully, he won't be unemployed for long.
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Why?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Why?
          To honor the honesty and integrity of Chris Krebs and reinforce the integrity of the election process.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

"In defending democracy, do or do not, there is no try. This is the way." - Chris Krebs tweet, November 18

Strike him down, and he is only going to become more powerful. By firing Chris, Trump has created a more powerful adversary.

Comment

"Chris Krebs is a dedicated public servant who has done a remarkable job during a challenging time. Chris and his team at CISA have worked diligently to strengthen our election infrastructure, helping to shore up vulnerabilities and build trust between State and Federal Governments. The creative and innovative campaign CISA developed to promote cybersecurity should serve as a model for other government agencies. Their efforts were essential in protecting the 2020 U.S. presidential election against threats of foreign interference. I’m grateful for all Chris has done and I wish him the best in his next chapter.” - Senator Richard Burr, Republican, of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                You've really got to admire people like Chris Krebs who are willing to stand up to Trump, no matter what the consequences. Hopefully, he won't be unemployed for long.
                Over here most of us are viewing the 45th President of the United States as a basket case.

What IS he going to do on 21st January? Is he going be carried kicking and screaming out of the White House?

Will he greet the President elect on the morning of the 20th as is the custom? [I think we can safely wager he will not attend the actual inauguration].

I also understand that the outgoing president traditionally writes a letter to the incoming president which is left on the Resolute desk.

What is Trump going leave Biden? A dirty protest?

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 11-18-2020, 07:07 AM.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Instead of firing Krebs, Trump should have dismantled Homeland Security (along with several other worthless and invasive federal agencies).

Comment

To honor the honesty and integrity of Chris Krebs and reinforce the integrity of the election process.
                    It's funny how nobody has any idea who these people are until the President fires them, and then all of a sudden the left holds them up as paragons of virtue.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-18-2020, 07:18 AM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      Will he greet the President elect on the morning of the 20th as is the custom? [I think we can safely wager he will not attend the actual inauguration].

I also understand that the outgoing president traditionally writes a letter to the incoming president which is left on the Resolute desk.

What is Trump going leave Biden? A dirty protest?
                      I can't remember if the following video was posted on this forum, or "the forum that cannot be named", but it is certainly worth posting again. It shows Trump throwing a temper tantrum, with Pence trying to calm him down.

I can't figure out how to link directly to the video, so use the following link:

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/1324367609454878720

Comment

The USA is shaping up to be a shadow of its former self. Dysfunctional and irrelevant, lost in a world of make-believe.

Repubs are doing their very best to ensure that even Biden won’t be able to save you.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I can't remember if the following video was posted on this forum, or "the forum that cannot be named", but it is certainly worth posting again. It shows Trump throwing a temper tantrum, with Pence trying to calm him down.

I can't figure out how to link directly to the video, so use the following link:

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/1324367609454878720
                          I never saw that one!!!! It's brilliant and encapsulates the mentality perfectly. I also found the site https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/11/05...JsaHLY.twitter

Thank you SO much.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          The things that you're liable
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life
                          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And you think that's real?

Comment

Krebs was a lawyer, not a Cybersecurity expert. He had no business leading CISA.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment