Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump says DHS cybersecurity chief Chris Krebs has been terminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    To add: Trump's law suits are falling like autumn leaves. The only 'things' benefiting are the lawyers in new polished silk Hong Kong suits with red ties. The red ties will likely come off next year.
    Trump's PAC is also benefiting from the additional fund raising.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Not really. Unless it's ones desire to maintain the divide.

This guy is a techie. If he's like 99% of us, he cares about doing the job and doing it right and as such likely has no patience for people that want to play games with the data

I work in the tech world. Most of us despise people that try to pretend they know what they are doing, or that are willing to play games to make points. Its the job and whether it is done right that matters, not some moron's wishful thinking about it.
      It's funny hearing YOU talk (a few posts up) about MY hostility -- which, FTR, I acknowledge.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
        [I][B]By firing Chris, Trump has created a more powerful adversary.
        Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        If he actually sent that self-aggrandizing tweet, he clearly suffers from James Comey Syndrome. All the more reason to kick him to the curb -- though pushing him down an elevator shaft would have been better.
        Reepi was talking about a tweet by Chris, not Trump, and it's not nice to wish violence on a sitting president.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Please try and stay on subject. This sounds like a philosophy discussion.
          Sorry! I got excited discussing my favourite Monty Python sketches!
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It's funny hearing YOU talk (a few posts up) about MY hostility -- which, FTR, I acknowledge.
            Not sure qhere you see hostility in that poat. The word 'despise'?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

On Powell/Giuliani press conference:

Chris Krebs, who headed the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency before being fired this week by Trump, tweeted after the news conference: “That news conference was the most dangerous 1hr 45 minutes of television in American history. And possibly the craziest. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re lucky.”
              Broadcasting American insanity to the world.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Powell had a dose of verbal diarrhoea. Now prove it.

“I am not going to say they don’t have proof, but they better come up with proof and go to court because these are serious allegations that basically say our election was manipulated by a combination of foreign and domestic actors and stolen, and that cannot be left just simply out there, it needs to be proven or withdrawn,” Mr. Rove said.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Reepi was talking about a tweet by Chris, not Trump, and it's not nice to wish violence on a sitting president.
                  I was wishing violence on Krebs.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    On Powell/Giuliani press conference:

Broadcasting American insanity to the world.
                    And why is Krebs more trustworthy than Giuliani? Because Krebs' hair dye doesn't run, or because he's aligned with Democrats? Probably both.

By the way, Krebs allegedly was only an expert on foreign cyber security. None of the Giuliani press conference referred to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

And why is Krebs more trustworthy than Giuliani? Because Krebs' hair dye doesn't run, or because he's aligned with Democrats? Probably both.

By the way, Krebs allegedly was only an expert on foreign cyber security. None of the Giuliani press conference referred to that.
                      If you can’t tell that Giuliani is a nutter, you are a nutter too. Don’t be part of the problem.

Comment

I was wishing violence on Krebs.
                        Sure you were. I mean, really, you'd have to be some kind of cult member to wish death on somebody who disagreed with your leader. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

If you can’t tell that Giuliani is a nutter, you are a nutter too. Don’t be part of the problem.
                          Oh, So it's "truthiness." I forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Sure you were. I mean, really, you'd have to be some kind of cult member to wish death on somebody who disagreed with your leader. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
                            QAnon?
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Oh, man, the oozing brown paint. That was mortifying. I thought I was seeing that one Gary Oldman scene from the Fifth Element.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Rudy in court is discussed at 42 mins.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000499532913

Comment